Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarcaOG

Banned
Xavi is a bigger amigo than Messi ever was. Khaled was the first to call it, and with Messi not being around and Xavi still insisting on the corpses of Busquets, Pique, and Alba every chance he gets, it's pretty compelling evidence.

sadly, this. imagine waiting years and years saying "ur not ready for the barca job" only to take it under the worst possible circumstances and...

doing nothing different than all previous coaches constantly playing the veterans

:facepalm:

xavi prob has an unshakable la masia fetishism, hence he cant imagine shipping the old amigos

JamDav1982

All the reports are Busi is untouchable for Xavi, his comments state his importance and his line up/tactics show how much of team Xavi bases on him.

Easy work for the most simple of mentalists.

Jadentheman

There's nothing wrong with keeping experienced players around but we can't continue playing them all every game.

Yesterday our defense had 38 year old Alves, 34 (soon to be 35) year old Pique and 32 (soon to be 33) year old Alba behind 32 year old Busquets :lol:

This can't go on like this, we can't go into next season with an average age of like 32 in defense that's ridiculous.

I hope Xavi realizes what needs to be done, even if it means replacing his friends.

If Xavi is ok with being the new AC Milan than that?s what?s going to happen

MTL_Barca

For this season i can still cut him some slack, because he has limited options and might just think guys like Dest are terrible.

But if he thinks this is the way beyond summer then we're in for another disaster season. If he doesn't push for new starting RB, new CB, new LB then we're gonna :bbztitanic: even further no matter what happens with the forward line and all that Haaland dreaming.

Doesn't even need to be the best solution for every spot because club clearly can't afford it, but just try something please.

Porque

On one hand the bar is so low this season that Xavi could stick with the veterans to imprint how he wants the team to play for the new generation, with their guidance.

On the other hand the bar is so low this season that we can reach it within f'n Pique, Busquests and Alba and use the opportunity to reinvent the team by shock and awe.

For all of us arm chair enthusiasts, Xavi has experienced every in game situation, won everything and played under the best managers of Barcelona over the past 20 years, and also some of the worst. He should know how to respond to in game situations, know from himself when a player hits a decline and needs relief, and lastly has all of the inside modern data that none of us are clued into.

So I think he is very aware of the task in hand, who needs to go in 1,2,3 seasons and who needs to come in. We're moving slower than hoped but we need to have alot more patience.

Barcilliant

😃 Xavi is hilarious. He wants to defend a 1-0 lead with a bunch of traffic cones in defense and aging ones at that.
Busquets has been finished since 2017,Pique and Alba should have been sold after the Liverpool fiasco.
After the Roma debacle heads should have rolled. Any other big club would have wielded the axe and started clearing out the deadwood.
This club though... 🤦
It's fucking horrible. All the fans can see it except for the Catalans.
If we don't qualify for CL Xavi needs to go. In fact I am worried that if we qualify we will be eliminated group stages again with him in charge.
The fact that he brought Alves back and continues to play his buddies is disturbing.
In the meantime Real will boss la liga and challenge for CL. This will become a one horse league like Germany. 🤦*♂️

Barcilliant

On one hand the bar is so low this season that Xavi could stick with the veterans to imprint how he wants the team to play for the new generation, with their guidance.

On the other hand the bar is so low this season that we can reach it within f'n Pique, Busquests and Alba and use the opportunity to reinvent the team by shock and awe.

For all of us arm chair enthusiasts, Xavi has experienced every in game situation, won everything and played under the best managers of Barcelona over the past 20 years, and also some of the worst. He should know how to respond to in game situations, know from himself when a player hits a decline and needs relief, and lastly has all of the inside modern data that none of us are clued into.

So I think he is very aware of the task in hand, who needs to go in 1,2,3 seasons and who needs to come in. We're moving slower than hoped but we need to have alot more patience.

Sorry mate. There is too much patience at this club. That is why we have been subjected to humiliations in the cl year after year. Look at Real. Ruthless. Look at what they did to Casillas and Raul, even Zidane. There is no room for emotion and sentimentality in football. Look at Pep. Ruthless. The reason he left was because he couldn't axe some of these sacred cows.
How can you have patience with one semi final in cl in the last seven years?
I would have patience if I saw a clear plan from Xavi and the willingness to phase out the seniors. That is not happening though.
We will be beaten 3 or 4 nil by Real.

malvolio

Sorry mate. There is too much patience at this club. That is why we have been subjected to humiliations in the cl year after year. Look at Real. Ruthless. Look at what they did to Casillas and Raul, even Zidane. There is no room for emotion and sentimentality in football. Look at Pep. Ruthless. The reason he left was because he couldn't axe some of these sacred cows.
How can you have patience with one semi final in cl in the last seven years?
I would have patience if I saw a clear plan from Xavi and the willingness to phase out the seniors. That is not happening though.
We will be beaten 3 or 4 nil by Real.

You're whining for nothing really. All I see in here is some spoiled brats that yell "veterans", "buddies" and "amigos" 24/7.

Who should have played instead of Alba, Pique, Busquets and Alves vs Granada? We have a shit squad, even shittier than when Valverde got the likes of Dembele, Coutinho and Griezzman and still resorted to the "veterans" as every transfer we made over the past 5-6 years has been shit.

Wanna know the secret why did Real manage to win two Ligas while going through a reconstruction period? It"s because they hire the best managers around(or at least they try) and their transfers are not as shit as ours.

I'm not a fan of Xavi the manager. Maybe he should do better. But current squad is not good enough either.

Barcilliant

You're whining for nothing really. All I see in here is some spoiled brats that yell "veterans", "buddies" and "amigos" 24/7.

Who should have played instead of Alba, Pique, Busquets and Alves vs Granada? We have a shit squad, even shittier than when Valverde got the likes of Dembele, Coutinho and Griezzman and still resorted to the "veterans" as every transfer we made over the past 5-6 years has been shit.

Wanna know the secret why did Real manage to win two Ligas while going through a reconstruction period? It"s because they hire the best managers around(or at least they try) and their transfers are not as shit as ours.

I'm not a fan of Xavi the manager. Maybe he should do better. But current squad is not good enough either.

Yeah, current squad is not good enough but how and what is Xavi trying to achieve style wise?
Play De Jong in the DM role or get another DM Kessie for example. Get another CB or full back.

JamDav1982

The reasons the amigos play is not due to failure to replace them it is because every coach has seen them as pivotal and no players have been bought to replace them bar RBs brought in when Alves gone.

In last couple games Xavi not had much option when it is Sanz/Puig to come on for Busquets but the point still remains... Busi and amigos struggle as have for years on same issues that can be seen in yesterdays game regardless.

The frustration comes from that continuing when there are more options and yesterdays game still feeds into that.

Barcilliant

Yeah, exactly. They hire the best managers around while we hire scrubs or Barca DNA or la liga experience.
This is a club philosophy problem. Obsessed with a certain style of play and a certain type of manager. The club needs to modernize or all our sponsors will either drop us or renegotiate terms. Do you think Nike wants to pay big bucks to a EL level team?
The club has to be more open to various aspects of modern football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans