Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Xavi deserves more time, but if he doesn't get rid of Busi, Pique, Alba and other deadweight in the summer, then he deserves all the shit he gets.

My favorite player ever, but wont fell sorry for him failling, if he continues with the seniors.

It's not a question of replacing Xavi IMO, not now and probably not in the next 2 years. But it's in his best interest to replace the old players that can't play with intensity as soon as possible.

I can understand if he finds it tough right now because the squad is so thin, but in midfield, there is room to replace Busi. Do it.

Horatio

You're welcome
I think it is pointless to replace Xavi. Yes, you might bring in any of the available coaches and he would make better choices tactically(or not) but I think we have a few too many toxic players and said coach would lose the dressing room soon enough. I feel at least Xavi is respected by players, will not go against him as quick and also board will listen to Xavi.

We need to be patient and trust the process.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
@fansjavimiguel : There are five players who as soon as they leave Barca, the better. In no order, Umtiti, Dest, Dembele, Memphis and Demir

Who would have thought, the Catalan journalists don't have a single word to say about the old men who collect a king's ransom in checks and stink up the field

Embarrassing. Expected one Catalan name at least.

Barcilliant

I think it is pointless to replace Xavi. Yes, you might bring in any of the available coaches and he would make better choices tactically(or not) but I think we have a few too many toxic players and said coach would lose the dressing room soon enough. I feel at least Xavi is respected by players, will not go against him as quick and also board will listen to Xavi.

We need to be patient and trust the process.

What process? 😂

BarcaOG

Banned
@fansjavimiguel : There are five players who as soon as they leave Barca, the better. In no order, Umtiti, Dest, Dembele, Memphis and Demir

Who would have thought, the Catalan journalists don't have a single word to say about the old men who collect a king's ransom in checks and stink up the field

pique please

BarcaOG

Banned
It's not a question of replacing Xavi IMO, not now and probably not in the next 2 years. But it's in his best interest to replace the old players that can't play with intensity as soon as possible.

I can understand if he finds it tough right now because the squad is so thin, but in midfield, there is room to replace Busi. Do it.

hundred p

Pepsbarca

Ya’ll are blaming Xavi for the results when the fact of the matter is is that he has a squad that is weaker then any squad we’ve had in 15+ years. It’s going to take a few years to get us back to the level that we should be at. Let’s see what Alemany can do in the summer with departures and new transfers coming in and see what Xavi can do with a better squad. Going to have to have a little patience I’m afraid.

Bobo32

Ya’ll are blaming Xavi for the results when the fact of the matter is is that he has a squad that is weaker then any squad we’ve had in 15+ years. It’s going to take a few years to get us back to the level that we should be at. Let’s see what Alemany can do in the summer with departures and new transfers coming in and see what Xavi can do with a better squad. Going to have to have a little patience I’m afraid.

Is his squad better or worse than Granadas?
Does he have any reason not to use his squad to it's fullest?
Is it someone elses fault that his subs made the team worse?
Is it the players fault for mistaking Xavis subs and his waving backwards for an instruction to move backwards rather than keeping the ball and defending with it?

iniestaGOAT

Is his squad better or worse than Granadas?
Does he have any reason not to use his squad to it's fullest?
Is it someone elses fault that his subs made the team worse?
Is it the players fault for mistaking Xavis subs and his waving backwards for an instruction to move backwards rather than keeping the ball and defending with it?

Lol xavi not using puig must have hurt your feelings bro calm down take a break come back later

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Catalan press are focusing on foreigners who barely play anyway as source of trouble.

Key is to let go of remaining old guard: Alba, Pique and Busquets.

Bobo32

Catalan press are focusing on foreigners who barely play anyway as source of trouble.

Key is to let go of remaining old guard: Alba, Pique and Busquets.

I liked your posts about "global warming" but I dislike this one.
Busquets is crucial and impossible to replace, should stay as long as possible.
Pique is hit/miss but was good yesterday. He should be phased out.
Alba was pretty terrible lately though and might be replaced soon (Cucurella or Grimaldo would be good choices)

It's tough to play worse than Dembele did yesterday, but Depay tried his very best after coming on. Had he been able to get the ball a bit more, he might've succeeded.
Other than that, I think it's only Alves and Stegen who are foreigners, and they are close to impossible to criticize. Lenglet had to play and he was OK I thought.

JamDav1982

If Xavi is standing mistified at the dips in intensity on the sidelines that is a worry.

Busi, Pique, Alaves dont have the legs to play 90 mins football and will pull in team to cover it in latter stages of games and sit back.

It is rich Busquets and Xavi moaning about team being too vertical and not defending with ball when Busi and Pique pull team deep and stop trying to play out from back and move for ball as much. Happy for ball to be passed badk to MATS to be making the passing to get ball out from back that they should be doing.

We are in 2022 and Pique/Xavi/Busi still believe they are top class and others to blame. It is ridiculous.

There are elements of the game that look better under Xavi but the dips and old players still have same issues they have had for years and still have far too much prominence.

Alves as well... fantastic on ball.. but targeted by Granada on his side with Pique.

Xavi is setting up team to cover for old legs too often as every other coach has done as he thinks there is some mystical Barca understanding that only these players have. Then left scratching his head when those players cant compete for a full 90 mins.

To some point there is not much more Xavi can do with players available but the comments after games come across as him having these older players as his core regardless.

Wouldnt be surprised if Busquets gets a new contract.

Last edited:

freetocan

I liked your posts about "global warming" but I dislike this one.
Busquets is crucial and impossible to replace, should stay as long as possible.
Pique is hit/miss but was good yesterday. He should be phased out.
Alba was pretty terrible lately though and might be replaced soon (Cucurella or Grimaldo would be good choices)

It's tough to play worse than Dembele did yesterday, but Depay tried his very best after coming on. Had he been able to get the ball a bit more, he might've succeeded.
Other than that, I think it's only Alves and Stegen who are foreigners, and they are close to impossible to criticize. Lenglet had to play and he was OK I thought.

Bobo32 it is like you read my thoughts. I fully agree with your comments, the only difference could be regarding Depay. This guy is completely out of this game, no quality to mention about him. ZERO.
Xavi should forget this guy forever and Barca should sell him asap luckily if we can get some money for him. I doubt anyway. Hopefully, it might be other(s), more stupid than Barca management, who may think that this guy would fit in their team. Fingers crossed.

Bobo32

Bobo32 it is like you read my thoughts. I fully agree with your comments, the only difference could be regarding Depay. This guy is completely out of this game, no quality to mention about him. ZERO.
Xavi should forget this guy forever and Barca should sell him asap luckily if we can get some money for him. I doubt anyway. Hopefully, it might be other(s), more stupid than Barca management, who may think that this guy would fit in their team. Fingers crossed.

It seems we agree regarding Depay too.
Maybe I worded it in a confusing way - Depay could've succeeded in being even worse than Dembele if he had been able to reach the ball a bit more.

JamDav1982

Barca could get thumped by Real with Pique and Busi exposed as they are in every big game... and could see Xavi thinking it is all the fault of others and Barca not playing in way to get best out of those two.

A scudding from Real might not be worst thing to bring some careers to and end soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans