Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gari

And how do they explain to themselves? Before that, there were these shameful defeats with the players. I came, left everything as it was, left the same defenders, bought another 38 year old. The tactics remain the same, transverse, slow rolling of the ball. But now things they’ll go, it’s me who came, but before there were stupid managers. If you don’t change anything, you get the same thing, but lower, time goes by. Koeman is the same. Settien gave up. Valverde squeezed what he could. Today, the most shameful defense of the League is Barcelona. If there are no attackers, you don’t have to put garbage, they won’t help out anyway. Well, Busquets is the pinnacle of Xavi.

mc_lovin

See there's the Problem.

Xavi with Amigos can't work. He won't bench his friends

This season it is/was naive as fuck to think anything would happen with the amigos. We need a goat tier transfer window in Summer, so much is clear. No coach would have benched Busquets, Alba or Pique (who's been good recently to be fair) in this situation. We start nearly every game with 2 B team forwards ffs (who truly perform like B players as well...).

For me it's simple. Xavi gets CL and he should stay. He doesn't and he needs to go. Season has been a trainwreck anyway.

MTL_Barca

We're getting overrun for years, and nothing changed besides adding 38 year old Alves back to the line-up :lol: This club man.

Should've just bought one half decent defender and a new DM with the 400M that were wasted on the bum trident but as a wise man once said it is what it is.

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

And how do they explain to themselves? Before that, there were these shameful defeats with the players. I came, left everything as it was, left the same defenders, bought another 38 year old. The tactics remain the same, transverse, slow rolling of the ball. But now things they?ll go, it?s me who came, but before there were stupid managers. If you don?t change anything, you get the same thing, but lower, time goes by. Koeman is the same. Settien gave up. Valverde squeezed what he could. Today, the most shameful defense of the League is Barcelona. If there are no attackers, you don?t have to put garbage, they won?t help out anyway. Well, Busquets is the pinnacle of Xavi.

More like the league should be ashamed if this Barcelona finish top 4 which we will

Porque

Our run of fixtures
Real Madrid - 2-3
Bilbao - 2-3

Alaves (a)
Atl Madrid (h)
Espanyol (a)
Napoli (h)
Valencia (a)
Napoli (a)
Bilbao (h)
Elche (a)
Osasuna (h)
Real Madrid (a)
Sevilla (h)

Tough run of games for us.

Catta

“They beat us because of their intensity”

If he says this, and starts the next game again with Busi, Pique, Alba and Alves, he deserves the sack.

Rory

Not sure I even understand Xavi's plan with the team and especially Busquets. He hasn't told him to just sit in that hole and be available in front of the defence all game, or Busquets hasn't listened if he has told him. As a result he's going forward and leaving the same old gap where teams can counter for fun.

I could slightly understand Busquets' inclusion if he purely kept his position. Why not have an always available safe pair of hands in front of the defence to transition the ball? But if that player isn't in that position it all falls apart. Let Pedri/Gavi/Nico/Frenkie do the running ahead. But don't "run" forward and then expect them to save you each time a counter is on.

For a captain he doesn't take on much responsibility. Shameful really.

George_Costanza

See there's the Problem.

Xavi with Amigos can't work. He won't bench his friends

I said it before, Xavi can be an excellent coach for us after a few years not now, not while the amigos are still ruling the club.

Gallardo or Ten Hag would have been better hiring if they do have the backing of Laporta to exercise political power over any player.

mc_lovin

There's too much focus on the amigos. Our squad is shit - with or without them.

Survive this season (meaning CL) and hope for a goat transfer window in Summer with real consequences for some players hopefully. There's nothing I blame Xavi for (yet).

Devils

There's too much focus on the amigos. Our squad is shit - with or without them.

Survive this season (meaning CL) and hope for a goat transfer window in Summer with real consequences for some players hopefully. There's nothing I blame Xavi for (yet).

He could TRY Garcia/Lenglet with Araujo CB pairing

He could try FDJ as a DM with Pedri and Gavi/Nico as CMS.

He could try Dest in the at LB/RB to at least give some youth and energy in the FB positions instead of having fossilized Alba and Alves as starters.

While we still wouldnt be winning any trophies, at least we wont be trying the same shit we've been doing and failing for the last 5 years.

Xavi is just embarrassing himself at this point.

Last edited:

soul24rage

He could TRY Garcia/Lenglet with Araujo CB pairing

He could try FDJ as a DM with Pedri and Gavi/Nico as CMS.

He could try Dest in the at LB/RB to at least give some youth and energy in the FB positions instead of having fossilized Alba and Alves as starters.

While we still wouldnt be winning any trophies, at least we wont be trying the same shit we've been doing and failing for the last 5 years.

Agreed. At least try something different when things are not going that well.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He could try a lot of diff combos but he never will. Something like this in a game vs a mid table team at home for example:

ter Stegen
Alves - Araujo - Garcia - Dest
Frenkie - Gavi/Nico
Pedri
Ferran - Luuk/Depay - Ansu/Abde

One of Alba/Alves need to be benched so here I opted for Alves since well?.I cannot stand Jordi Alba

This is a double pivot where Pedri plays a bit more advanced as a CAM almost.

Would it work? Maybe not, but could provide some more protection for the backline where our FBs could technically try to provide some width instead of having our wingers planted out wide.

Doesnt matter though as Busquets is the best CDM in the World, Alba and Pique are World Class and we have to play like we’re in 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans