Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messigician

What a performance. Those last 5 minutes after that fluke goal where we hoofed the ball was icing on the cake.

Xavi in 2017 the self made hypocrite

Do you think that Godin sends so many balls out to avoid the pressure he feels or does he actually enjoy that?

"Godin is an extraordinary defender. He does not do that because he enjoys it. But we do not play at the same position, so I don't really know. But hey, I do not see where is the pleasure to do that anyway. Do it in the 93rd minute of play, to have control on the result, why not. But in the 60th or the 70th, what is the point? You still have time to find a solution, to take advantage! Clearing the ball is an intellectual defeat: 'Can I really not do anything else there?' When you recover the ball and you lose it again, you give a new possession of ball to the opponent. Don't do that. Find spaces, pass the ball to the goalkeeper, dribble, get a throw-in by shooting the ball on the player you have in front of you. Do something, anything, but do not throw it out! My sense of responsibility prevents me from doing it."
-Xavi Intellectual Defeat Hernandez

BusiTheKing

Any way to tell how many passes Frenkie and Pedri had between them?

I can see the logic behind spreading out the midfield like that but in reality, it's just not working. We can't tiki the taka without concentrating numbers in the same zone.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Horrible game! However, in his defense we basically don't have our entire attack. Without Depay, Fati and Dembele and with Torres who didn't play for 6 months we have a segunda level attack.

The lack of goal scoring power I can understand, I can't understand how we can be so slow and so lackluster in moving the ball around to create chances, and not much improvement in the second half. What did he tell them in during HT?

In my opinion, as a manager, one has to be able to (1) develop and instill tactics to the squad so they understand and play to the gameplan (2) read the game and make changes and adjustment needed and (3) identify problems, issues and make improvement. So far Xavi has failed on all three, for me at least.

Messigician

You are considered like the leader of offensive Football. For you, can defensive football be praised in the same way as attacking football?

Defending well can be an art, just like attacking. That's right, and I respect it. My great sorrow is that the defensive and physical aspects has taken over the attacking one, the technique and the talent. At this rate, we will all be bored watching football.

But are you aware that some people get bored while watching Bar?a?

It's incredible! Which team is boring? Bar?a or the team playing against them?

" Xavi I can only promise attacking football Hernandez

Messigician

If 'Retardo' said this the forum would have destroyed him. But because he talks about attacking football Barcaforum loves him

Xavi: "It's not easy to win in this stadium at all. We're happy with the effort we put in, and the three points."

Xavi: "We suffered a little. We did, but the win is very important. We can be calm in that aspect and happy with the result"

Xavi: "The break coming up is good for us. We need some rest. And we're only 1 point away from the Champions League. We're in the race."

Xavi: "There are very criticized players and the entourage does not help. Jordi Alba, Busquets, Piqu?, and Frenkie played very well today. The Bar?a shirt weighs heavily."

BusiTheKing

I don't mind his positivity. We're not playing at the level we aspire to and everybody can see that. He's pointed it out himself quite a few times.

And it hasn't changed anything. What is he gonna do, just keep criticizing us in the press game after game even though we keep sucking? That would get old very quick and it would be a recipe for disconnect and exhaustion in the coach-player relations.

When you say something repeatedly and it doesn't take, the solution is not to keep saying it. The solution is to learn that this is our level right now and these things like the momentum of positive results are all we have to build on.

serghei

Cult of EV should turn into Cult of Xavi. This game is an easy 3-0 win with Suarez and Messi each scoring 1 goal. But for the casual fan, what good is the win if you play like shit and the game is a snooze fest. This is the type of slow conservative possession football Valverde put everyone to seep with.

At least in EV days, we had some superstars who would score absolute golazos. Now we can watch Luuk and Jutgla donkey-ing around. Was watching Palace earlier, and realized they have a better attack than us. Odsonne Edouard smokes all of Jutgla, Abde or Luuk.

I would personally kick out the slow players even at the risk of losing CL places.

Last edited:

serghei

I don't mind his positivity. We're not playing at the level we aspire to and everybody can see that. He's pointed it out himself quite a few times.

And it hasn't changed anything. What is he gonna do, just keep criticizing us in the press game after game even though we keep sucking? That would get old very quick and it would be a recipe for disconnect and exhaustion in the coach-player relations.

When you say something repeatedly and it doesn't take, the solution is not to keep saying it. The solution is to learn that this is our level right now and these things like the momentum of positive results are all we have to build on.

Indeed. This is the level. Times when you go at Alaves and win 5-0 are over for the time being.

We need to build on this and play better. Yea it's slow football, but no manager wants to play slow, this is the result of the aged squad. For the time being and with just one good transfers, and the injury problems, and having a 2nd rate attack... I'd say the results are better than expected.

Capture.png

Kul_z

As a former cm himself, cant understand why he doesnt instruct mf's to be more compact, closer to each other. Everybody fucking marches in our half, easily. Ferran seems like he could be useful in build up, so cant understand why isolate him that much on the wing. Fine to make pitch wider, but when the defence is shut down we could use some players going in to combine with pedri, and that are capable of doint it. Abde is a tragedy, had 2 ocassions wherehe could back pass to pedri who was little out of 16m zone. Ruined every attack

khaled_a_d

February schedule:

Atletico de Madrid H
Espanyol A
Napoli H
Valencia A
Napoli A
Athletic Bilbao H

Starts at 6th of February btw, 6 games in 22 days.

This will be the real challenge for him where he has to prove himself

Edit: 7 games actually

Last edited:

Barcilliant

February schedule:

Atletico de Madrid H
Espanyol A
Napoli H
Valencia A
Napoli A
Athletic Bilbao H

Starts at 6th of February btw, 6 games in 22 days.

This will be the real challenge for him where he has to prove himself

That's scary. I can easily see us losing at least four of those games. Napoli are going to destroy us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans