KingLeo10

february schedule:

Atletico de madrid h
espanyol a
napoli h
valencia a
napoli a
athletic bilbao h

starts at 6th of february btw, 6 games in 22 days.

This will be the real challenge for him where he has to prove himself

d l d l l d

Going to exposed as the discount EV that he is as a manager.

Loved him as a player (2nd or 3rd favorite player ever so I'm not hating for the sake of hating). I just don't like his football vision, even if he has average players (as a whole).

freetocan

As a former cm himself, cant understand why he doesnt instruct mf's to be more compact, closer to each other. Everybody fucking marches in our half, easily. Ferran seems like he could be useful in build up, so cant understand why isolate him that much on the wing. Fine to make pitch wider, but when the defence is shut down we could use some players going in to combine with pedri, and that are capable of doint it. Abde is a tragedy, had 2 ocassions wherehe could back pass to pedri who was little out of 16m zone. Ruined every attack

Abde is a catastrophe footballer but very good for Xavi. Not sure if clueless couch really understand what he is doing. Honestly.

xXKonan

As a CM he was a genius and one of the greatest to ever grace the game.

But as a coach? at the moment I'm not liking what he's offering. It seemed like things were going in a better direction at first but lately, we have been significantly worse. He requested Ferran but he looks clueless on how to use him even though Pep and Lucho have laid it out on a plate for him out to use him instead he insists on trying to use him as a pure winger even though he looks much better close to the box as a forward.

Alves is not the RB Savior, Xavi really thinks he is. Other than a few good moments with the ball, he's been woeful and largely down to the fact he's 38 years old. Can't make runs/overlap and can't defend due to not having legs which leave us exposed especially later in the game when he gets tired.

Busi, Pique, Alba topic everyone knows the issues those three have and make it worse when you field those three and Alves together at the same time it feels like we have an anchor weighing us down.

I'd rather play FDJ at DM or in a double pivot with someone like Nico, at least those two would have the energy to track back at least and not be completely fucking stupid with moving up the pitch like Busi currently does. Alba? I'd rather play a corpse at LB than that dipshit and Pique? Looks okay at the moment out of the Vets but not exactly great either.

Let see what happens when it's all said in done and if we make Top 4 and we have the funds for the Summer, I better not hear "Derp Busi, Pique, Alba are to important to sell/leave Blah Blah Blah".

iniestaGOAT

As a CM he was a genius and one of the greatest to ever grace the game.

But as a coach? at the moment I'm not liking what he's offering. It seemed like things were going in a better direction at first but lately, we have been significantly worse. He requested Ferran but he looks clueless on how to use him even though Pep and Lucho have laid it out on a plate for him out to use him instead he insists on trying to use him as a pure winger even though he looks much better close to the box as a forward.

Alves is not the RB Savior, Xavi really thinks he is. Other than a few good moments with the ball, he's been woeful and largely down to the fact he's 38 years old. Can't make runs/overlap and can't defend due to not having legs which leave us exposed especially later in the game when he gets tired.

Busi, Pique, Alba topic everyone knows the issues those three have and make it worse when you field those three and Alves together at the same time it feels like we have an anchor weighing us down.

I'd rather play FDJ at DM or in a double pivot with someone like Nico, at least those two would have the energy to track back at least and not be completely fucking stupid with moving up the pitch like Busi currently does. Alba? I'd rather play a corpse at LB than that dipshit and Pique? Looks okay at the moment out of the Vets but not exactly great either.

Let see what happens when it's all said in done and if we make Top 4 and we have the funds for the Summer, I better not hear "Derp Busi, Pique, Alba are to important to sell/leave Blah Blah Blah".

If you were Liverpool owners you would have sacked klopp first year

FinBarcelonafan

Abde is a catastrophe footballer but very good for Xavi. Not sure if clueless couch really understand what he is doing. Honestly.

Xavi likes quick wingers. That's actually one positive. Earlier we used to play these weak and slow wingers and it was total disaster. At least one thing he got right imo.

Abde might not have enough quality but we need quicker wingers and fullbacks..

El Guaje

Not wasted

Coutinho and Greizmann likely to recoup about 90m

Dembele can likely be sold for around 20m

Overall

110m return on 400m high risk investments

Not a disaster anymore

Bruh how can that not be an enormous disaster? The 400m, or even the 300m loss if we somehow recoup about 100m is enough money for 4-5 high cost transfers of 70m each. That is money enough for Haaland buyout, De Ligt or another expensive CB, LB and a midfielder or attacker that we are in need of.

delancey

-Not impressed by his static tactics over the last few games.
-keeps playing the fossils when alternatives exist.
-singles out foreign players (Dest) when homegrown Catalan seniors are underperforming too.
-Static, slow and boring. Reminds me of Valverde ball. Without Messi and Suarez to finish off the chances. 😴
- tactics need to improve. Intensity! Make the opponent think twice before pressing high up the field. At some point, they were pressing and playing better than us. Which leads me to my next point....

Quick transitions and fewer back passes. We could focus less on rondos in the midfield and quickly transition when the opponent least expects it. At least mix it up a bit instead of holding onto the ball in midfield and continuously passing it back to our seniors. I cannot believe I?m suggesting quick counter attacking tactics at Barcelona, but considering our situation and the lack of quality up front, why not add it to our arsenal? Make teams think twice before.... anyhow, A beautiful goal scored from a fast transition is a hell of a lot more action than 85 minutes of rondos in the midfield against teams that park the bus. We need more goals, more intensity, fewer rondos, and fewer fossils. Don?t give teams the chance to reorganize their defense when they lose the ball.

Andresito

Staff member
NT break now. But it seems like it's only the Americas playing, meaning everyone but Araujo, Alves and Dest get 2 weeks of rest.

A good opportunity for Xavi to work on specific aspects to improve upon.

A must win game vs Atleti coming up. Can't be satisfied with a draw.

Kul_z

NT break now. But it seems like it's only the Americas playing, meaning everyone but Araujo, Alves and Dest get 2 weeks of rest.

A good opportunity for Xavi to work on specific aspects to improve upon.

A must win game vs Atleti coming up. Can't be satisfied with a draw.

Its time to win against someone who matters. I think it could do wonders to mental game. But cant see it happening with alves, busi, pique and alba in line up.

Porque

Madrid drew twice to Elche in the space of a few days infact (could have been two losses infact) so the result here does not look terrible in hindsight. The Saudi trip and games clearly took something from these teams.

Terrible performance yesterday, bad conditions and a front line from ourselves that if Alaves had, we would not question.

We're still struggling with our identity, attacking plays and defensive movement. Basically on every line, add to that intensity and confidence which has been missed for years bar a few performances.

But the big one is the identity as we haven't really seen anything different in how Xavi wants us to play. Sure the wingers are touching the line, the fullbacks push up less, but the team is not attacking with the idea of a block, nor defending as one.

Let's see how we get to work over the break. The other thing which we have seen for a year and a half is also that Pedri-Busi-FdJ do not know how to play together in midfield well. I was going to say it was a Pedri-FdJ connection thing as both are quite static in possession, but then we saw in summer that with inferior 3rd midfield partners (in theory) than FdJ that they excellled with Spain. Hmm.

It is a bit of a shame because in the first few games Nico looked excellent, so Xavi will really have to think how he manages the midfield which is the only place where we have an abundance of talent and no injuries. He may have to alter the setup to accommodate this.

Gari

De Boer: "Sometimes coaches and clubs hold on to players who had to step down a long time ago. The future in Barcelona is De Jong, Gavi, Pedri and Nico.. with these they have an amazing midfield.Busquets is holding the whole team. Busquets hinders de Jong's development."
And these opinions are now expressed by different football people. Others say that it is easy to play against Barcelona, they are slow with the ball. And this does not last for a year or two. Maybe it's time to move on, especially since the task this season is minimal, four.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

De Boer: "Sometimes coaches and clubs hold on to players who had to step down a long time ago. The future in Barcelona is De Jong, Gavi, Pedri and Nico.. with these they have an amazing midfield.Busquets is holding the whole team. Busquets hinders de Jong's development."
And these opinions are now expressed by different football people. Others say that it is easy to play against Barcelona, they are slow with the ball. And this does not last for a year or two. Maybe it's time to move on, especially since the task this season is minimal, four.

Sadly outsiders have to say these things because Barca itself won't get it. Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans