Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messigician

Breaking news

Clapi Hernandez has been questioned by police over allegedly harboring a fugitive called Bigfoot Pessi. The fugitive is a mythical creature native to the forests of Argentina but prefers the climate of Barcelona. After being chased out of the country by Laportameu it had taken refuge in France before going missing for several months. No one knows Bigfoot Pessi's current location but it was last seen attempting to illegally board a ship scheduled for Eibar.

Shame on you Clapi for harboring a fugitive

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
But De Boer didn't claim he would do better as Barca coach, niether non of the fans.
He simply talked what should a good SD/Coach do.

Yeah I know. Remember back when Koeman made those comment about having a central spine of 30+ year olds isn't a good idea (he wasn't offered a job from Barca at the time either). And we all saw what he did when he was here.

Joan

Yeah I know. Remember back when Koeman made those comment about having a central spine of 30+ year olds isn't a good idea (he wasn't offered a job from Barca at the time either). And we all saw what he did when he was here.

Thought so myself. If you're eying Barca job, just come out with a statement criticising veterans, get fans' support and wait to be hired to play the very same seniors you've criticised. Worked for 2/2 so far.

iniestaGOAT

Thought so myself. If you're eying Barca job, just come out with a statement criticising veterans, get fans' support and wait to be hired to play the very same seniors you've criticised. Worked for 2/2 so far.

Fans have 0 say on who gets hired and xavi came in praising the veterans.

One they come here the seniors play because they soon realize the younger players we have here are bums

Barcilliant

Madrid drew twice to Elche in the space of a few days infact (could have been two losses infact) so the result here does not look terrible in hindsight. The Saudi trip and games clearly took something from these teams.

Terrible performance yesterday, bad conditions and a front line from ourselves that if Alaves had, we would not question.

We're still struggling with our identity, attacking plays and defensive movement. Basically on every line, add to that intensity and confidence which has been missed for years bar a few performances.

But the big one is the identity as we haven't really seen anything different in how Xavi wants us to play. Sure the wingers are touching the line, the fullbacks push up less, but the team is not attacking with the idea of a block, nor defending as one.

Let's see how we get to work over the break. The other thing which we have seen for a year and a half is also that Pedri-Busi-FdJ do not know how to play together in midfield well. I was going to say it was a Pedri-FdJ connection thing as both are quite static in possession, but then we saw in summer that with inferior 3rd midfield partners (in theory) than FdJ that they excellled with Spain. Hmm.

It is a bit of a shame because in the first few games Nico looked excellent, so Xavi will really have to think how he manages the midfield which is the only place where we have an abundance of talent and no injuries. He may have to alter the setup to accommodate this.
Identity is the key word here.
We have a strange blend of slow passing and then trying to shut up shop when we score. It's like we are pressing the accelerator with one foot and the brake with the other
I get Xavi has a mediocre squad but too four in this poor version of la Liga shouldn't be such an epic struggle.

Andresito

Staff member
picture for ants

FJ8Lt23X0AQiFLF

Catta

I get that Alba and Busi are his friends, but he is now their coach. It seems unprofessional to invite those two for his birthday party, but not the rest of the team. If Koeman did the same with Frenkie and Depay for example, the media would have destroyed him.

Messigician

I get that Alba and Busi are his friends, but he is now their coach. It seems unprofessional to invite those two for his birthday party, but not the rest of the team. If Koeman did the same with Frenkie and Depay for example, the media would have destroyed him.

Where do u draw the line then?

Invite only starters?

Whole team?

B team too? And coaches? What about under 18s

Let the man celebrate how he wants

Andresito

Staff member

Non-issue. Nobody would've cared if Koeman did that.

JamDav1982

Just about any top coach speaks about keeping their distance from players at social level as have to have that for number of reasons.

The top man managers wouldnt be out inviting their best mates in the squads to their birthday parties.

Move on Xavi and realise these are your players not your mates for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans