Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zidane82

Great comeback.

You have no clue or are a troll.

Either way im oot.

Learns the rules of football be a good starts and when think that is not a red... says it all.
I do not pretend to know all the rules but surely in the past if someone is fouled after the flag goes up or play stopes then the foul does not count .
That is what FDJ was saying to the ref incidentally . Are you calling FDJ a troll also or suggesting that he does not know the rules ?

ajnotkeith

I do not pretend to know all the rules but surely in the past if someone is fouled after the flag goes up or play stopes then the foul does not count .
That is what FDJ was saying to the ref incidentally . Are you calling FDJ a troll also or suggesting that he does not know the rules ?

The play had not been stopped for offside yet, so no, but anyhow it wouldn't be relevant because a player stamping on another player's leg for no reason is an act of aggression, which is punishable out of active play also.

JamDav1982

No it makes no difference if offside.

Cant start going in with high studs after ref gives offside thinking it wont count.

A red for dangerous play will stand even if player was offside.

It is not some loophole to allow dangerous tackles.

If Barca players were claiming that they dont know the rules.

Best example is last season when Pickford cleaned out VVD and did his knee but the play was offside. The ref had to apologise for not giving red when should have been due to dangerous manner of play regardless if it was offside or not.

If you are right Barca will appeal it and get it overturned... not a word from anyone on that though for a reason.

Zidane82

The play had not been stopped for offside yet, so no, but anyhow it wouldn't be relevant because a player stamping on another player's leg for no reason is an act of aggression, which is punishable out of active play also.

He did not stamp ..

The flag was up and the nearest Madrid player who had the ball stopped in his tracks a split second before Alves made contact soooooo

Messigician

Dani Alves: "The foul was not intentional. I didn't want to put my foot down like that. I was worried I had hurt him."

Alves confirms was a stamp

Zidane82

Dani Alves: "The foul was not intentional. I didn't want to put my foot down like that. I was worried I had hurt him."

Alves confirms was a stamp

Well it was not .. it was a coming together .. Alves was at fault for lunging but it was not intentional nor a stamp.

A guy accidentally stood on Diaz knee today at Liverpool but it was not intentional and it was not a stamp .

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
90 minute player ratings

Looks like it is you that is trolling

I do not agree with their rating for Alves - far too harsh - he was influential, great assist for Alba and scored a great goal ffs

Marc-Andre ter Stegen (GK) - 5/10 - Beaten again on his fragile right hand side.

Gerard Pique (CB) - 7/10 - Punching the ball into midfield with a purpose that permeated throughout the team.

Sergio Busquets (CM) - 6/10 - Not the only anchor in midfield with Alves often cropping up behind him, although he peppered his performance with a few uncharacteristically sloppy moments.

Jordi Alba (LB) - 8/10 - Superbly provided the width on the left hand side as Gavi drifted in field.

Ronald Araujo (CB) - 6/10 - A stride behind Carrasco for the game's opening goal, Araujo took his goal well but was grateful for some generous finishing from Felix at times.

Dani Alves (RB) - 3/10 - Undid all his good work with a boneheaded and bizarre attempted tackle.

Agree, Dani clearly had a huge influence on the match - even before the sending off. I loved how he played as an inverted FB - outnumbering Atletico in midfield and providing great passing options to stretch the defense. It worked over & over, plus he was making runs into the box even prior to his goal. All of this unsettles a defense that are trying to close down attackers and eventually open it up to someone in a position of danger

Jordi - the player that most cules love/hate in equal measure reminded us he remains a lethal weapon

Which brings me to Adama - the player that has gotten so much rebuke, especially on this forum, over the years. Mr. No end product proved once again you don't have to score goals to be a protagonist. He constantly stretched the defense and perhaps my favorite moment of his wasn't even when he was ragdolling Hermoso out wide but rather when he dribbled into the middle of the pitch and drove the attack centrally leaving Koke in his wake. He creates advantages and this is Barca football

Disappointing turnovers from Busquets but no question I am most pleased with the contributions of Frenkie - I saw a different player, motivated and active at both ends. Even cleaning up after Busi's blunders

Watching how effortlessly Pedri maneuvers in that final third reminds me of what coulda been had Leo been able to stay a bit longer, he failed to finish some moves or connect on a golden scoring chance but he is regularly unlocking the opposition and as the team develops rhythm we will really appreciate his genius

Araujo at fault, for me, on the early Carrasco goal (What a pass from Suarez) but I thought we should've been more efficient in possession ahead of the turnover that led to the goal

Tactically however, this was textbook Pep/Cruyff/Xavi football and I think we have a lot to be excited about going forward

Auba came on under less than ideal circumstances for his debut but palpably obvious he is going to be a monster player for us - his runs, his touch and confidence in the attacking third is head & shoulders above any forward we have added to Barca since Suarez

Windhook

That's the spirit!

I was expecting at some point things to start clicking at the club, but man, what a change Xavi brought in those two weeks of rest. With this intensity we would have destroyed Alaves, not suffer until the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans