Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windhook

Totally disagree.
It is precisely what showed he didn't manage Pique's injury well.
The game was crying for Araujo at CB, he is the only one who could and can save our defense from that kind of intense bombarding in steals and runs that Frankfurt did.
Eric and Lenglet there was a waiting to happen...

I disagree with you, respectfully, as you may have not noticed yourself, the biggest threat Frankfurt had was their LM/LW Filip Kostic. Araujo had to contain the guy, cannot even imagine the tragedy of Eric Garcia marking this guy.

Birdy

I disagree with you, respectfully, as you may have not noticed yourself, the biggest threat Frankfurt had was their LM/LW Filip Kostic. Araujo had to contain the guy, cannot even imagine the tragedy of Eric Garcia marking this guy.

You mean their biggest theat on paper?
Because from what we saw yesterday all their attackers and md were dangerous in breaking in numbers, with crazy runs

Besides, I never said Eric should mark that guy.
Mingueza is my choice for the return, I explained it in the match thread

Birdy

Not on paper, on pitch.

I would still have Eric as RB instead of Mingueza, who seems to have fallen off from Xavi's plans and he's very poor this season as RB.

Eric as RB is a suicide.
Don't think he was poor at all vs Napoli at home. He was very good in stopping their counters from his side

We don't have many choices

Windhook

Eric as RB is a suicide.
Don't think he was poor at all vs Napoli at home. He was very good in stopping their counters from his side

We don't have many choices

Agree, without Dest and ineligible Alves we have to sacrifice other positions.

freetocan

As opposed to being fucked v lower league teams with Puig.

Pedri and Ferran have been very good under Xavi. Hence he keeps playing them.

Pedri is with at least 3 classes over Torres. For me Torres is a mediocre footballer, that is the reaso Guardiola accepted to sell to us as he did not see any good player in him. He was very clever and foul us asking 55mil Euro for him. You do not have to agree with me, just the time will tell.

aragorn

It was probably very hostile for Barca. Frankfurters will shit their pants when they step on Camp Nou.

Like Xavi said, Barca fans needs to make Camp Nou pressure boiler, like Frankfurters did yesterday.
Agree with this; the fans made it such a great atmosphere to play at; and definitely a hell for the opponents

behindbrowneyes

Frankfurt fans did the same like Gala fans did the night before the away game: Igniting fireworks in front of the team's hotel, probably waking up players in their main sleep phase. That in combination with the tough game against Sevilla might have been a big reason why Barca looked so bad for Xaviball standards.

Should really consider to discard training at away grounds the night before the game and travel the day of the game instead if things like that comtinue to happen.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Frankfurt fans did the same like Gala fans did the night before the away game: Igniting fireworks in front of the team's hotel, probably waking up players in their main sleep phase. That in combination with the tough game against Sevilla might have been a big reason why Barca looked so bad for Xaviball standards.

Should really consider to discard training at away grounds the night before the game and travel the day of the game instead if things like that comtinue to happen.

That happens all the time, has been happening for decades for all clubs playing in Europe away. It's a widespread practice and a non-story really. No one really complains about it so I guess it's not a big deal for players. Surely top-end hotels have solid noiseproofing.

The feeling of being "tired" in away games probably just comes from travelling by plane, readjusting, and having to come up against a team that plays more intensely due to home support.

Windhook

The fireworks have minimal effect. This trick rarely works, as visiting teams leave with positive result most of the time.

Catta

Don't you remember. We always traveled on the day of the game, until that f*cking volcano before the Inter game. After that we started going a day before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans