Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Reality check in terms of intensity. We lost a lot of duals and looked much much slower than them.

Yea, but it's not that conclusive. We had a tough schedule lately. Winning vs Madrid and Sevilla back to back took a lot of effort both physically and mentally. Plus NT break, some of these players are very young and some are old and slow.

This is why the squad needs a lot of improvement though. Also Frankfurt gave hell to both Dortmund and Bayern this season. It was a good test overall, match was very CL like in terms of intensity, adversity, fans pressure etc.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Xavi brought higher intensity but we need to go higher. Frankfurt destroyed us. We were clueless vs their physical level.

Not as bad as Old Barca vs Bayern though. Improvement in a way.

Yup, we always, always struggled against physical and pacey teams and that's the thing you will see from Buli teams, I remember when we played against Gladbach a few years ago it was the same problem. Don't know what it is going to take for us to overcome that problem, more physical building and preparations and more intensive training perhaps? But I don't know if we will ever get there.

There has to be a way tactically for us to nullify/minimize/counter that.

Iniesta Ultra

Anyone foreseeing a collapse from our side in camp nou?

Even though we won the previous two second legs they were both away matches. We drew in both home legs so I'm thinking Barca feel more pressure at Camp Nou.

Frankfurt only had 35% possession but more than double the shots we did. Our 65% possession means little if we're not linking and creating chances. I think we'll still win but can't say I'm not worried.

malvolio

If this Real Madrid team can play in a semifinal of CL, than i think we, with one or two very good additions, can do the same. Football really regressed so much. Granpa Benzema is currently the best player in the world, at 34. In the generation before, he wasn't even considered top ten. Shows how much footballhas regressed since the decay of Messi and Ronaldo( and their generation).

Real Madrid got lucky vs PSG and was a bit unlucky vs Barca. 4-0 was influenced by them missing Benzema and some tactical blunders by Ancelotti trying to turn it around at the start of the second half. We beat them conclusively but difference between teams isn't that big in the league. I'd wager they still have an edge in CL.

Barca as a squad are not CL semifinal material right now. Sure, a lucky draw, a great performance, a day off for the opposition can get you in semis. But don't think this squad has the quality to be there year after year.

Right now I think we are not one of the top 5 teams, more like one of the other 5 that make up the top 10.

FinBarcelonafan

Anyone foreseeing a collapse from our side in camp nou?

It was probably very hostile for Barca. Frankfurters will shit their pants when they step on Camp Nou.

Like Xavi said, Barca fans needs to make Camp Nou pressure boiler, like Frankfurters did yesterday.

FinBarcelonafan

This ref yesterday went full to their strengths, lets hope it wont be a case in camp nou. And yes, frenkie from the start and no worries, we wont be overruned in mf

What will help is that the pitch will be good, so we can play a normal game. They will run out of their legs in the first 30 min instead of 65 min, like yesterday.

I expect way more passing combinations next week. Yesterday we could hardly do any passing.

Windhook

Frankfurt played the perfect defensive game for 65 minutes, but the intensity of their pressure got to them.

I think Xavi managed the crisis of injured Pique well, without having to pull away Araujo to CB position. Unfortunately Lenglet is still Lenglet, no matter who the coach is.

Birdy

Frankfurt played the perfect defensive game for 65 minutes, but the intensity of their pressure got to them.

I think Xavi managed the crisis of injured Pique well, without having to pull away Araujo to CB position. Unfortunately Lenglet is still Lenglet, no matter who the coach is.

Totally disagree.
It is precisely what showed he didn't manage Pique's injury well.
The game was crying for Araujo at CB, he is the only one who could and can save our defense from that kind of intense bombarding in steals and runs that Frankfurt did.
Eric and Lenglet there was a waiting to happen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans