Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

OGbarca

Banned
Honestly, having the desire back to watch Barca's play is enough for me to thank Xavi, I'm sure trophies will come later.

very much agree. ive been enjoying the last few matches and i hadnt really felt that way for a few years now. so at least theres that!

OGbarca

Banned
tbh im kind of frustrated by this season because we really are not all that far behind Real (assuming we win the game we have on hand). i never rated Koeaman and i think a couple of months of additional xaviball would have actually helped us seriously compete for the title.

next season i suppose!

Iniesta Ultra

Playing almost everything from out wide isn't an optimal strategy. Gavi and FDJ show they're willing to make runs through the middle but the link up play's lacking. Need tiki taka and not only when the other team presses.

Alba and Alves doing too many speculative crosses, need to link with the mids. Probably need Iniesta back to coach our mids.

Last edited:

Windhook

No idea what's going on during Xavi's team talk in the dressing room, but the squad is prepared to fight until the final whistle. Levante game is not the first example of this.

I share the feeling of having this matchday excitement back.

Porque

tbh im kind of frustrated by this season because we really are not all that far behind Real (assuming we win the game we have on hand). i never rated Koeaman and i think a couple of months of additional xaviball would have actually helped us seriously compete for the title.

next season i suppose!

Indeed. Koeman should have won LaLiga last year and Xavi could have won it this year.

It is what it is. :valverde:

No idea what's going on during Xavi's team talk in the dressing room, but the squad is prepared to fight until the final whistle. Levante game is not the first example of this.

I share the feeling of having this matchday excitement back.

He lets Puig handle them.

El Gato

Villarato!
Bit worrying how much joy teams are getting from just hitting channels early as soon as get on ball and exposing Alves legs and space left by Alba. Cant have two full back areas that easy to target.

Could argue wouldn't matter that much if you have two athletic CBs like Liverpool
But yes, need to improve on Alves and Busquets to close these ideally

JamDav1982

Could argue wouldn't matter that much if you have two athletic CBs like Liverpool
But yes, need to improve on Alves and Busquets to close these ideally

Araujo is more athletic than any Liverpool CB. More about the age of the full backs and DM really and at times not keeping ball well enough to stop to many counters.

JamDav1982

Yeah but his partner isnt, right?

Likes of Stones isnt all that athletic either and City and many others get on fine.

More to do with the players around CBs as CBs are not going to step out and stop those balls that turn the defence all that much or Aruajo would be shutting down his side and cant.

serghei

The problem is the wings and the DM. Very old players there with Alves, Busi, and Alba. If you add Pique too, that's just 4 out of 5 players in the defensive end being veterans we should replace. Only Araujo seems like starter quality, and even he has some weak areas.

Dest can work as a RB, but so far the jury is still out.

KingLeo10

Araujo more athletic than VVD? Araujo is up there in the top 3 or even second best at the moment, but not yet the gold standard.

JamDav1982

Liverpool protect their FBs and CBs more than Barca as well.

They more or less play 3 CMs that will often sit and keep shape of team and plug gaps left as much as can.

Never going to stop teams break and targetting the space but when they can do it like Frankfurt and Levant did it is a bit of a worry.

They also breezed past Busi at DM to get into box from midfield too easily.

Windhook

Overall I believe Araujo to be close to the level of VVD, but not there yet. But what a beast season Ronald is having, absolutely amazing. He's been flawless since January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans