Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Got it, maybe this is more of a UK phenomenon. I'd be interested in knowing how these UK clubs enforce it? Checking IDs? Checking attires?

Nah not just UK and would imagine most leagues similar and more dangerous than UK for away fans in home end.

Fairly simple.

Wont get in with opposition team colours and wont get away with wearing them in ground in wrong section or to cheer on away team.

Try to keep on record who bought tickets for each seat, try to make sure have a buying history or a member before buy them etc.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Nah not just UK and would imagine most leagues similar and more dangerous than UK for away fans in home end.

Fairly simple.

Wont get in with opposition team colours and wont get away with wearing them in ground in wrong section or to cheer on away team.

Try to keep on record who bought tickets for each seat, try to make sure have a buying history or a member before buy them etc.

I mean how do the clubs control that. But I have heard that it is extremely hard to get tickets to these EPL games (both occasions I paid a lot more on a third-party site), so perhaps there are literally no tickets to be sold to any away fans through the official channels (outside of the allocated tickets for the traveling fans)?

If we have that kind of sold-out capacity support here in Barcelona, I guess we can do that too, but we don't and we do rely on "tourists" more than any other clubs.

JamDav1982

The clubs are in charge of the stewarding who will throw fans out and get police involved if needs be.

They wont let them in ground if have colours on before that.

'Tourists' and away fans are two different things.

There is a ton of threads about how it is a no no to sit in home sections in UK if google it and advise if want to them keep quiet and dont make anyone aware you are.

Wont be just UK either. Other countries can be far more savage.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah, on both occasions I was literally a tourist, not an away fan by any means and I wasn't wearing anything like the away team's jersey etc. so I did not have any problems, but I honestly don't remember them checking my ID.

I prefer the Spanish/German model better, much friendlier to the casual fans. Wouldn't go watch an EPL game live again, so damn scary.

fergus90

So they actually check your attires and match it against your ticket before they let you in? What if somebody put on an away team's jersey later after sitting down? He or she will be thrown out by the home fans?

Luckily I didn't see that in England, granted just two occasions. Kudos to the Arsenal and Southamption fans.

If they could see you're wearing the opposition shirt they'd definitely deny you entry, more for your own safety than anything else. Obviously, if you're just wearing casual gear there's no way they'd know.

But you couldn't openly celebrate a goal.

Even the pubs outside the grounds are divided into home and away pubs with no mixing. It will just guarantee lots of hooliganism otherwise.

JamDav1982

Yeah, on both occasions I was literally a tourist, not an away fan by any means and I wasn't wearing anything like the away team's jersey etc. so I did not have any problems, but I honestly don't remember them checking my ID.

I prefer the Spanish/German model better, much friendlier to the casual fans. Wouldn't go watch an EPL game live again, so damn scary.

What do you think they could check on your ID?

No one gets ID checked here. Not practical.

EPL far better for me than Spain. Too many old cunts that dont make a peep listening to their radios. Atmosphere not the same without the edge.

Depends what prefer suppose.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What do you think they could check on your ID?

No one gets ID checked here. Not practical.

EPL far better for me than Spain. Too many old cunts that dont make a peep listening to their radios. Atmosphere not the same without the edge.

Depends what prefer suppose.

Spain can be like that, agreed, especially in Barcelona and perhaps less so in some other places (for example Valencia is quite tense). But I think Germany strikes the best balance, fanatic football fans that are 100% engaged but also quite friendly and tolerant of the presence of away fans.

Andresito

Staff member
Restricting ticket availability is one solution, but it would be a massive loss for a stadium like Camp Nou as it's almost twice the size of Anfield.

I for one like the simplicity of buying tickets from the official website, without having to pay extra fees etc to third parties.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Restricting ticket availability is one solution, but it would be a massive loss for a stadium like Camp Nou as it's almost twice the size of Anfield.

It wouldn't be feasible unless the tickets are consistently sold out like in some German and English stadiums, AND if most of our season ticket holders actually show up.

Making tickets "nominative" for some high-risk games is a good start from what the club can control. But they really need to put that % threshold in place, instead of just thinking about it. We need to weed out those "fake socis" and season ticket holders who don't want to come.

fergus90

Barcelona is a great tourist destination in general so without the flexibility for tourists to purchase tickets on somewhat of a whim, they're going to be handicapping themselves.

Especially apart from El Clasico, and CL knockout stages, the demand for tickets is not high so you'll be looking at very empty stadiums most of the season.

However, if they can implement a minimum attendance % for season ticket holders it will surely encourage them to attend more.

Last edited:

malvolio

Barcelona is a great tourist destination in general so without the flexibility for tourists to purchase tickets on somewhat of a whim, they're going to be handicapping themselves.

Especially apart from El Clasico, and CL knockout stages, the demand for tickets is not high so you'll be looking at very empty stadiums most of the season.

However, if they can implement a minimum attendance % for season ticket holders it will surely encourage them to attend more.

Exactly. They wouldn?t fill that massive stadium. Maybe they should have thought of lowering the capacity to 75-80k.

khaled_a_d

Regarding Xavi so far:
He has done great job in Liga, but in cup games he has been underwhelming

CL:
Benfica (H) : 0-0
Bayern (A): 0-3

Europa League:
Napoli (H) : 1-1
Napoli (A) : 4-2

Galatasaray (H) : 0-0
Galatasaray (A) : 2-1

Frankfurt (A) : 1-1
Frankfurt (H) : 2-3

Copa del Rey:
Linares (A): 2-1
Bilbao: 2-3

SUPERCOPA:
Real Madrid: 2:3

8 European games with 2 wins, 2 defeats we only faced a superior team once. Non of those wins were at home either.
Domestically 3 games with 2 defeats and 1 win against 3rd division team, we had a great performance against RM but he also lost us the game with very questionable calls.
What is worrying is his dependence on veterans tbh, Pique, Alba, Busquets are starters, Alves and Auba are big paart of his project.
Overall it isn't the time to really judge whether he has done good job or not, as it is early and he has to have a summer with signings and pre-season. But early impressions is that he can lead us to Liga glory but won't be the guy who bring us back as force in CL.
Partially due to being stubborn with his love to some of the veterans.

I think for this season to be at least a success, we need to not choke the top 4 spots.

Edit: One last and very important thing.
Xavi transfers so far:
Alves, Torres, Adama & Auba.
Auba was board choice, as he was pushing for Morata.
Ferran is underwhelming, for 55M player at least.
Adama is a bench player at best, and same for Alves.
I think Xavi really need to others do their job, and not try to enforce his well over Alemany and Jordi. Tell them what exactly you want and let them do the picking

Last edited:

mc_lovin

What is worrying is his dependence on veterans tbh, Pique, Alba, Busquets are starters, Alves and Auba are big paart of his project.

Is that really surprising? You can't force them out without alternatives. It's a pretty simple concept.

Otherwise 2nd place would be a very good debut season for Xavi. When we dropped to EL people here wanted us to throw it to focus on the League.

khaled_a_d

Is that really surprising? You can't force them out without alternatives. It's a pretty simple concept.

Otherwise 2nd place would be a very good debut season for Xavi. When we dropped to EL people here wanted us to throw it to focus on the League.

When you make 4 signings and non of those plays in those positions, and you don't try anyone else, it is a bit worrisome, don't you think.
Maybe a starter isn't the correct word, dependence maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans