Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iniesta Ultra

When's the last time Barca started a season with two new transfer starting forwards and third forward who scored less than 5 goals previous season?

iniestaGOAT

He is starting to become like a spoiled kid asking for some new Lego shit.

Except hes been asking for the same players the start. Which the board hasnt been able to deliver. But thats also understandable why they havet been able to .

Especially since the donkey de jong wont leave

xXKonan

Xavi is leaning on player quality to cover up the cracks in this system/philosophy at this point.

It's fine to an extent, but he also needs to bring the goods himself. But so far, going by the final part of last season and vs Rayo, feels like nothing has changed. All we did was just swiped out the bad and brought in much better players and we are playing the same way, Poorly.

He's trying to cut corners in his management career so far. Like a novice guitar player, thinking buying the best guitars, effects, and sound equipment would somehow make him a better guitar player, instead of doing the hard work in understanding the Fundamentals needed to be good.

serghei

Xavi is leaning on player quality to cover up the cracks in this system/philosophy at this point.

It's fine to an extent, but he also needs to bring the goods himself. But so far, going by the final part of last season and vs Rayo, feels like nothing has changed. All we did was just swiped out the bad and brought in much better players and we are playing the same way, Poorly.

He's trying to cut corners in his management career so far. Like a novice guitar player, thinking buying the best guitars, effects, and sound equipment would somehow make him a better guitar player, instead of doing the hard work in understanding the Fundamentals needed to be good.

Agreed. Good comment. He has to show his style and vision are well rooted in the current football climate. And if it they are not, it's fine, everybody starts with some idealized version of what they want to achieve in pure theoretical form, at which point reality sets in and he has to adapt.

He is starting to look like someone straight out of some sort of Harvard type of school, and suddenly he sees that his ideas are not all that practical in regards to what life is about in general.

Next 12 months are gonna be critical for Xavi.

Bobo32

^good post by [MENTION=19222]xXKonan[/MENTION]

So far, a bit underwhelmed by Xavi. I really shilled for him, a long time before it finally happened, but so far he didn't show much. I think he speaks well still, but he seems unable to grasp the big picture of the game, too focused on details maybe and not able to get it all to function together. I think this is usually where bad coaches fail, they all have good ideas to an extent, but it is getting it all to work together that is the difficult part, which seem so natural for good or brilliant coaches.

I think with the sums spent, and how many of his first choices he seems to have gotten, Xavi must really show a lot this season.

Windhook

As a guitar player myself I love this point you're making. But you describe Xavi as this novice coach who took the shortcut to glory managing a great squad of players, which is far from the truth. It's a new team and it takes time for many to adapt. Personally I don't see our current squad as fantastic as Laporta says. We have a bit more edge on attacking side, but I'd be amazed if we reach 1/2 finals of CL this season.

That Pep miracle season of 2008/09 having great squad and youngsters was once in 20-30 years phenomenon, like Ajax's triumph in 1994/95. Just check the winners of CL since 2015 and how many home-grown talents they have on their squad.

In the end it doesn't matter whether Xavi or Ancelotti is managing Barca, they all will demand players from other clubs.

Bobo32

As a guitar player myself I love this point you're making. But you describe Xavi as this novice coach who took the shortcut to glory managing a great squad of players, which is far from the truth. It's a new team and it takes time for many to adapt. Personally I don't see our current squad as fantastic as Laporta says. We have a bit more edge on attacking side, but I'd be amazed if we reach 1/2 finals of CL this season.

That Pep miracle season of 2008/09 having great squad and youngsters was once in 20-30 years phenomenon, like Ajax's triumph in 1994/95. Just check the winners of CL since 2015 and how many home-grown talents they have on their squad.

In the end it doesn't matter whether Xavi or Ancelotti is managing Barca, they all will demand players from other clubs.

Of course it is better that Xavi manages than that Ancelotti does. But Xavi might get more of what he demands, so if his demands are a bit shit, then in some ways Ancelotti might be better still in some ways in the long term...

Your point about Pep and Ajax is after the fact. I do not think these teams are uniquely talented in that way, the right eyes were needed to realize the potential. Both Cruyff and Pep got players who were questionable to reach pro level to world class level, because they had special vision. Xavi has shown NO special vision so far, but only relied on reputation.

Barcilliant

Agreed. Good comment. He has to show his style and vision are well rooted in the current football climate. And if it they are not, it's fine, everybody starts with some idealized version of what they want to achieve in pure theoretical form, at which point reality sets in and he has to adapt.

He is starting to look like someone straight out of some sort of Harvard type of school, and suddenly he sees that his ideas are not all that practical in regards to what life is about in general.

Next 12 months are gonna be critical for Xavi.

I'd be surprised if he lasts 12 months. I'm thinking December because there is no proper plan on how to play or the players simply don't get it.
Xavi hasn't paid his dues. Jumped to the head of the queue based on legend status. Next three months will be critical for him. Also Laporta won't accept Copa. It's Liga or Cl. Hell, even Koeman won a Copa.

ajnotkeith

As a manager, for me, he seems entitled despite not having proved anything.

Not only have we given him one of our best transfer windows ever, it has also come during a time of economic crisis where significant sacrifices were made for it, and he allegedly expects the club to bring him 2 more top full-backs and Bernardo Silva. Who does he think our owners are? We aren't PSG or City. Even City haven't had a window like that as they usually have some outgoings. We have only sold Coutinho for 20m.

And then the excuses and whinging after every game, grass was long, ref was biased, they parked the bus and didn't want to play, we had nothing to play for, they were fouling too much, the team was tired etc. It does seem like he thinks everyone is at fault but himself. The club for not net spending 300m in one window, the ref for being corrupt, grass etc.

He's so convinced of his king Busi game model that he never thinks the problem is tactics.

Last edited:

ryuken

Seemingly a spoiled brat that keep asking for new toys while his results are plainly bad lol. Wonder how long will Laporta continue to keep up with this shit. All talk no action. When you cant even score 1 against Rayo at freaking Camp Nou then you cant demand shit.

Kul_z

If he starts benching amigos, i believe he is on the mission. Relying on old guard for whole season is a disaster in making.

JohnN

As a manager, for me, he seems entitled despite not having proved anything.

Not only have we given him one of our best transfer windows ever, it has also come during a time of economic crisis where significant sacrifices were made for it, and he allegedly expects the club to bring him 2 more top full-backs and Bernardo Silva. Who does he think our owners are? We aren't PSG or City. Even City haven't had a window like that as they usually have some outgoings. We have only sold Coutinho for 20m.

And then the excuses and whinging after every game, grass was long, ref was biased, they parked the bus and didn't want to play, we had nothing to play for, they were fouling too much, the team was tired etc. It does seem like he thinks everyone is at fault but himself. The club for not net spending 300m in one window, the ref for being corrupt, grass etc.

He's so convinced of his king Busi game model that he never thinks the problem is tactics.

After the first game he said "we need to play better", so not such excuses were made.

Asking for needed players (full backs in this case) is ok, it's the board that will set the financial boundaries, not xavi. FB is our weakest position by far and Will undermine the whole sporting project this season.
Xavi also played the top performing players last season, dropping the likes of lenglet, miguenza, braith, Puig, dest (even though he gave them chances to change his mind).

Busi is the only red flag for me, But, he is unfortunately integral to his game plan, which of course needs improvement to work properly, but it's just early days for the season.
Also, every single coach of Barca and Spanish NT has used him as much as they could the last years, even if many of us here say he is done at top level. If it was just one manager that has this fixation with him you could argue he is mistaken, but perhaps it is us, the fans that aren't professional coaches, that are wrong.

iniestaGOAT

If he starts benching amigos, i believe he is on the mission. Relying on old guard for whole season is a disaster in making.

He has benched pique

Busquets is starting.

Balde definitely should not be starting. We will see if Alonso performs when he comes, and If alba still starts then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans