Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Xavi: "Pedri did very well in midfield and Gavi and Ferran played well between the lines. I'm happy for the victory."

jamrock

Once fati gets fit, start him, get a RB and like today actually have someone your DM can pass the ball to and play off.

But the last one he already accept, said the interiors where too high the last game.

We should be fine with this adjustments.

JamDav1982

Pedri played in a double pivot with FDJ with Gavi/Ferran on front of them.

Anyone thinking Pedri played 'CM but dropped deeper than last week' is clueless.

My point is he was the first man on ball playing there tonight very often and I dont think that works with Busi nearly as effectively as waiting to get ball through Busi with his chronic legs and poor passing isnt way to go.

Only way Pedri gets the ball earlier is if he is main man hunting it and not Busi... which would mean Busi in a two as the second wheel which would be a fucking joke.

Xavi is heading back towards Koemans tactics in that great run of form in his season.

Last edited:

jamrock

Central midfielder dropping "deep" getting the ball.

Stunning.

Not something every central midfielder does as they link the Midfield go attack, since the beginning of everything.

Remember xavi? Lol

JamDav1982

Central midfielder dropping "deep" getting the ball.

Stunning.

Not something every central midfielder does as they link the Midfield go attack, since the beginning of everything.

Remember xavi? Lol

Nope...Pedri was in a double pivot with FDJ tonight.

Not a CM dropping deep and he wont play same way with Busi who cant move and his passing it woeful too often.

jamrock

He would play exactly the same way, deeper like a proper central midfielder should, as xavi said the last game.

We had issues with the interiors or something along those lines.

Busquets starts he still comes deeper to link the play, again like a midfielder should, Instead of playing closer to the opposition box like last game.

That adjustment would have been made even if we took edmilson out of retirement to replace busquets today, had nothing to do do with de jong, it was the obvious weakness in our last game.

Midfield was completely disjointed.

Simple stuff really.

JamDav1982

Nah it isnt.

Busquets in a two will dominate ball and slow it down. If Pedri is man on ball more as I would want it to be then other one needs to be more mobile and ready to react to situations both offensively and defensively. That aint Busi.

Will just end up being Busi as DM ball goes through and others trying to react to him and not Pedri.

Even if that is better than his horror shows as a singe DM.

Simple stuff to understand and how much Pedri waiting for ball through Busi too often prevents performances like tonight.

But be desperate to get Busi in...its never his fault.

Team play better after a Busi all time horror show v Rayo and its everyone elses fault and Busi needs to come straight back in.

Clueless.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
LOL
In 3atb formations the guys playing on the flank are wingers in attack, and wing-backs in defense.

I believe you know that

Yes, that's literally why I said and I quote myself: "Dembele as a wing-back :lol:"

It's stupid.

Hakimi is a wing-back. Dembele and Raphinha are wingers and should therefore never be put in a position where we have to rely on them understanding their defensive duties playing that position.

Birdy

Yes, that's literally why I said and I quote myself: "Dembele as a wing-back :lol:"

It's stupid.

Hakimi is a wing-back. Dembele and Raphinha are wingers.

No it's not stupid, because that's the only position Dembele and Raphinia can play in 3atb formations.
Especially dembele
Not a CF, not an SS, not a midfielder

The team has to make sure they dominate possession so he is creating on the wing, rather than defending

Horatio

You're welcome
Anyone noticing how people are starting to criticize Xavi protecting his players in the media while half a year ago that was brought up as one of the things that made him so great compared to Koeman? Funny how these things tend to go sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans