Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windhook

Upamecano had the perfect game, I should mention that. He destroyed most of our efforts in the second half. The guy is a beast.

Asylum15

Upamecano had the perfect game, I should mention that. He destroyed most of our efforts in the second half. The guy is a beast.

I read on the Bayern forum that Upamecano had bullied Lewa in training alot apparently.
Seemed so tonight. He was physically stronger and always a step ahead.

Asylum15

He's a fucking retarded person if he thinks Ferret is the man to be his first sub to turn things around. Didn't even bother to watch after this cunt was introduced.

Having vented I do not think we played bad. We were clearly better team up until we conceded.

Especially with Ansu sitting beside him... :(

Barcilliant

We made a positive showing, and a much better face (as we should given the difference in the 11s!) than the same tie last season.

With that being said, Bayern are not in their best moment domestically and we could see in this game where part of our improvement was also down to their decrease in quality.

A few points
-In VAR football, you shouldn't have to account for ignored penalties. Yet here we are. Atrocious decision which possibly influenced the result.

-We showed good intensity and matched Bayern physically without being overrun (bar a few short periods which is normal in the momentum shifts inside a football match). 117km vs 119km run.

-Good showing by Christensen. On the other hand Eric come on with added intensity and also looked like he should have started. Nice problem to have, but I think Garcia deserved it and is showing this season that he has been working hard on his mental game.

-Xavi should trust Kessie more, give him more opportunities and bring him on earlier.

-Xavi should trust Busquets less and bring him off earlier. He was good in the first 45 and then solid for a further 15 but then naturally the game catches up with him. The same way he like for liked Gavi for Frenkie (wrong midfielder imo, Gavi still had juice), Eric for Christensen, Ferran for Raphinha then he should have a 60 option (its Frenkie right now) for Busquets.

-Wingers didn't have good games, but they were tasked with having to create individually as the fullbacks did not back them up offensively (excluding the last 15).

Overall we can take alot of positives from this match. No excuse not to secure a top 2 finish in this group and have a run in the tournament with the right draw.

Yes, actually trust Kessie. He was bought for these types of games. He needs to realize that Busquets should only be used against second tier Liga opposition. Kessie should have started with Pedri and Gavi. Torres should go out on loan in January. Back to fucking City. Those assholes made a fool out of us.

Joan

Yup.

High time he finds his starting backline. Bayern's 2nd goal was a product of poor chemistry in the backline. Not surprising since 3/4 players are new and have barely played together. Constant rotations between Kounde and Araujo didn't help either.

freetocan

Yes, actually trust Kessie. He was bought for these types of games. He needs to realize that Busquets should only be used against second tier Liga opposition. Kessie should have started with Pedri and Gavi. Torres should go out on loan in January. Back to fucking City. Those assholes made a fool out of us.

Torres should had never be bought in any circumstances. Zero quality. And we paid a lot for him. Should be sold as soon as possible or never adde to this team. He is the worst player in our team BY FAR.
I was always questioned why Xavi does not see that this guy is nowhere. Very very strange!

Joan

I was always questioned why Xavi does not see that this guy is nowhere. Very very strange!

Torres was requested by Xavi, he was Xavi's first choice and the club decided to back him. Now Xavi doesn't want to give up on him and wants to be proven right.

And with Xavi being as stubborn as he is, expect a lot more of Torres.

soul24rage

Yup.

High time he finds his starting backline. Bayern's 2nd goal was a product of poor chemistry in the backline. Not surprising since 3/4 players are new and have barely played together. Constant rotations between Kounde and Araujo didn't help either.

Very true, backline is the one area that needs a lot of consistency especially with some new players like Kounde, Christensen and Marcos A.

Xavi should really play the same back 4 for the majority of the season.

Richard.H

The big question that lingers in my mind: If he fails (no trophies, 2nd place, early CL exit), does he get the sack? Rather, should he get the sack?

Barcilliant

The big question that lingers in my mind: If he fails (no trophies, 2nd place, early CL exit), does he get the sack? Rather, should he get the sack?

If he makes the cl final, close second in la Liga. Keep him. If we exit group stage cl sack ASAP. It shouldn't even be up for discussion. The reason why I rate cl highly us because you meet the cream of Europe in a high stakes game. The league is more about being a flat track bully and consistently beating inferior opposition.
It's time we step up to the plate and start bearing the big boys. No more excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans