Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windhook

Fantastic first half, pressed all over the pitch, but individual slowness, you know who I mean, cost us the game. We lost control of the match for 15 minutes from 45' to 60' and the whole thing collapsed. First goal being corner of course is always a roulette, but the second one was classic Barca being outpaced in midfield.

Nonetheless I saw some brilliant teamplay in many episodes. If Xavi manages to build this squad chemistry the team is destined for great achievements, but still early days. Also we have few new players unfamiliar with the club and CL inexperience.

Sailor Mars

Good game today despite the loss.

The frontline were outmuscled today and the wingers in particular couldn't create much.
Pedri was great in the midfield. Busi and Gavi were solid but are not elite level players- room to improve on those positions.
Backline is lacking 2 top fullbacks(maybe Balde can grow into one) and would rather see Kounde and Araujo as the CB pairing.

Overall some nice progess so far this season, but still atleast 3 or so positions to upgrade in upcoming transfer windows

iniestaGOAT

Fantastic first half, pressed all over the pitch, but individual slowness, you know who I mean, cost us the game. We lost control of the match for 15 minutes from 45' to 60' and the whole thing collapsed. First goal being corner of course is always a roulette, but the second one was classic Barca being outpaced in midfield.

Nonetheless I saw some brilliant teamplay in many episodes. If Xavi manages to build this squad chemistry the team is destined for great achievements, but still early days. Also we have few new players unfamiliar with the club and CL inexperience.

Second goal is inexcusable. Dont even care aboout the first.

Wonder who was at fault for the second.

Jay Jay

Xavi: "We have been better than Bayern in many aspects. We have matched them in intensity, rhythm and physicality. In the first half with the ball we were excellent, but I'm angry because today was a day to win here, not to tie."

On point.

Porque

We made a positive showing, and a much better face (as we should given the difference in the 11s!) than the same tie last season.

With that being said, Bayern are not in their best moment domestically and we could see in this game where part of our improvement was also down to their decrease in quality.

A few points
-In VAR football, you shouldn't have to account for ignored penalties. Yet here we are. Atrocious decision which possibly influenced the result.

-We showed good intensity and matched Bayern physically without being overrun (bar a few short periods which is normal in the momentum shifts inside a football match). 117km vs 119km run.

-Good showing by Christensen. On the other hand Eric come on with added intensity and also looked like he should have started. Nice problem to have, but I think Garcia deserved it and is showing this season that he has been working hard on his mental game.

-Xavi should trust Kessie more, give him more opportunities and bring him on earlier.

-Xavi should trust Busquets less and bring him off earlier. He was good in the first 45 and then solid for a further 15 but then naturally the game catches up with him. The same way he like for liked Gavi for Frenkie (wrong midfielder imo, Gavi still had juice), Eric for Christensen, Ferran for Raphinha then he should have a 60 option (its Frenkie right now) for Busquets.

-Wingers didn't have good games, but they were tasked with having to create individually as the fullbacks did not back them up offensively (excluding the last 15).

Overall we can take alot of positives from this match. No excuse not to secure a top 2 finish in this group and have a run in the tournament with the right draw.

Porque

Xavi: "We have been better than Bayern in many aspects. We have matched them in intensity, rhythm and physicality. In the first half with the ball we were excellent, but I'm angry because today was a day to win here, not to tie."

On point.

Yep. But someone has to tell him we didn't tie. But I get that these days that a 2-0 away CL loss feels like a draw.

serghei

We made a positive showing, and a much better face (as we should given the difference in the 11s!) than the same tie last season.

With that being said, Bayern are not in their best moment domestically and we could see in this game where part of our improvement was also down to their decrease in quality.

A few points
-In VAR football, you shouldn't have to account for ignored penalties. Yet here we are. Atrocious decision which possibly influenced the result.

-We showed good intensity and matched Bayern physically without being overrun (bar a few short periods which is normal in the momentum shifts inside a football match). 117km vs 119km run.

-Good showing by Christensen. On the other hand Eric come on with added intensity and also looked like he should have started. Nice problem to have, but I think Garcia deserved it and is showing this season that he has been working hard on his mental game.

-Xavi should trust Kessie more, give him more opportunities and bring him on earlier.

-Xavi should trust Busquets less and bring him off earlier. He was good in the first 45 and then solid for a further 15 but then naturally the game catches up with him. The same way he like for liked Gavi for Frenkie (wrong midfielder imo, Gavi still had juice), Eric for Christensen, Ferran for Raphinha then he should have a 60 option (its Frenkie right now) for Busquets.

-Wingers didn't have good games, but they were tasked with having to create individually as the fullbacks did not back them up offensively (excluding the last 15).

Overall we can take alot of positives from this match. No excuse not to secure a top 2 finish in this group and have a run in the tournament with the right draw.

Good post, covered most points.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He's a fucking retarded person if he thinks Ferret is the man to be his first sub to turn things around. Didn't even bother to watch after this cunt was introduced.

Having vented I do not think we played bad. We were clearly better team up until we conceded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans