Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcilliant

This fool has no clue about any facet of the game. Attack, midfield, defence. All fucking dire.
I still can't fucking believe that we are looking at consecutive cl group stage exits. I predicted it but I still don't get it.
Hire Tuchel on an interim basis,let Xavi shill for his Qatari buddies at the world cup.

serghei

Everybody calmed down yet? We are not good enough for CL and just months in a rebuild, with the whole defense injured and having to rely on players that the manager doesn't even rate.

The CL group was quarter final level. Inter beat Liverpool away last season in knockout round, not many teams do that.

We scored 3 goals and missed some big chances over that. The defensive howlers cost us the win.

Xavi has to improve and build the midfield around De Jong + work on how he uses the wingers. Until we get a top class player in midfield, Frenkie is the best we have. Gavi and Pedri may be fan favorites, for good reason, but are too raw and timid for this level now, and it is not fair to put so much pressure on them.

We need to move mountains for Pep to come back if Xavi fails. Other managerial choices don't inspire me at all.

Last edited:

blaug

I am extremely disappointed with him as a manager, but will no way insult him. He's the greatest midfielder we have ever had and is a rookie manager. Let's be patient and give him time. The right time to judge him would be once Pique, Alba and Busquets fuck off from this club.

iniestaGOAT

This reminds me of when Real Madrid fans asked Ancelotti to be sacked after he lost to Sheriff in the UCL. Or when he lost to Barcelona by 4-0 at the Bernab?u. And so on.

Also, you are blind and don't remember Koeman's era well if you think Xavi did nothing to improve the team. Xavi immediately improved the team in a 0-0 draw with Benfica. We have seen far more great matches from Xavi's Barcelona, even if we only count last season, than we have ever seen from Koeman's entire tenure!

Can't sack him yet. Gotta wait end of season.

Sacking him now would end the title race as soon as that sacking happens.

iniestaGOAT

[MENTION=29835]iniestaGOAT[/MENTION] Xavi makes every manager look like FOOLS and completely FOOLED Inzaghi. :clown:

Would have officially handed you an L but you probably need to memorize that M comes after L so...... :lol:

Who the fuck cares it's just champions league. I have forgotten about this loss already.

Let's whoop Madrid asses.

Let's go xavi

BusiTheKing

I see no interesting runs, no overlaps, no through balls, no quick combinations. I see a lot of indecision, hestitation and settling into the mindset that the best we can do is a cross from outside the area into a static target. Which we also suck at.

Klysmakabouter

I thought Xavi was supposed to be the savior? Bring in the next one, I guess. Barca is shitting out club legends at a tremendous rate. Maybe Xavi and Koeman can start a club while they wait for the next failure to join them.

Only difference between Xavi and Koeman is that Xavi actually got a big budget to work with. Laporta had to sell the future of the club for it, but he got the budget and the players. No excuses.

Last edited:

.blitzer

I see no interesting runs, no overlaps, no through balls, no quick combinations. I see a lot of indecision, hestitation and settling into the mindset that the best we can do is a cross from outside the area into a static target. Which we also suck at.

True. It wasn't as bad as the 1st game, but still, crossing show for Lewa to fight with 3 CBs.
We had 5 minutes until Inter's 2nd goal where Pedri was very active between the lines and getting the ball in front of their box which is what we should be looking for more often.

fergus90

Hopefully Madrid do us a favour and thrash us so there's an outside chance that Laporta fires this fool.

No mate, this isn’t it. I don’t care how shit the team plays how or what state the club is in but there is just no chance of me ever wanting a Real Madrid Clasico win.

Rory

Everybody calmed down yet? We are not good enough for CL and just months in a rebuild, with the whole defense injured and having to rely on players that the manager doesn't even rate.

The CL group was quarter final level. Inter beat Liverpool away last season in knockout round, not many teams do that.

We scored 3 goals and missed some big chances over that. The defensive howlers cost us the win.

Xavi has to improve and build the midfield around De Jong + work on how he uses the wingers. Until we get a top class player in midfield, Frenkie is the best we have. Gavi and Pedri may be fan favorites, for good reason, but are too raw and timid for this level now, and it is not fair to put so much pressure on them.

We need to move mountains for Pep to come back if Xavi fails. Other managerial choices don't inspire me at all.

Just because you have completely backed Xavi doesn't mean you have to continue to do so, or fail to criticise him when he deserves it. We took 1/6 points vs Inter milan who sit 7th in serie a currently. That isn't good enough for us regardless of injuries.

Horatio

You're welcome
Serghei: "wE aRe NoT gOoD eNoUgh fOr Cl BuT wItH a WoRsE sQuAd LaSt SeAsOn wE WeRe AnD wE dId NoT gEt PaSt GrOuP sTaGe AlL bEcAuSe Of KoEmAn."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans