Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Jay

Defensively, I think some of the problems can be mitigated by having a healthy Araujo-Kounde as the CB partnership, getting an actual good RB, and also replacing Busquets.

Bigger concern is the attack has been toothless for several games now. Dembele and Raphinha hardly create anything of substance. They've been marked out in all the big games this season. That's extremely concerning, especially when the club spent $70 mil recently on Raphinha.

Ferran and Raphinha is $120 mil on the front line by the new regime and the returns haven't been there.

I think our wings are too insulated. They have no help from the full-backs. We have too many players in the middle and regardless, it looks bad. Xavi needs to get the full-backs back to play full-backs, not midfielders. They have to make it easier for the wings who, when they receive the ball, have 3 options, to return it to the midfielder, make a cross to Lewandowski who is alone among at least 2 centre backs, or to try to dribble past 2+ players themselves, which is an impossible mission.

i_bleed_blaugrana

At this stage, the criticism is inevitable and there are certain decisions so far from Xavi himself that I also have not been a fan of:

- Insisting on Busi especially at the expense of Frenkie just absolutely needs to end after today. Lucho made the tough call with him when it wasnt working with him and Iniesta, played Raki and used Xavi as a sub to kill of matches when we had the lead. The time has come to do the same with Busi and especially post-WC if he is still starting and we continue to drop points, my patience with Xavi will run thin as well. It is just too apparent now whenever Busi is absent from the pitch that our football improves, our ball circulation quickens and it is quite baffling how Xavi isnt seeing it. I dont think he is that blind, I think he is giving him a chance to catch form for Spain, all honesty. Only thing that makes sense so if he doesnt phase him after that, by all means then sack away Laporta

- The offensive signings just arent sticking for real. I will give him credit for Auba because that worked better than both Xavi and the player get credit for due to circumstances but outside of that, Lewy, Ferran and Raphinha have all been big and expensive Ls so far. Being pretty broke while losing your carry for the last decade has doubled down on the need to get this right so the problem in general isnt entirely on Xavi. That said, his inability to get the best out of these attackers for the most part and the trust he placed in Dembele blowing up in his face is on him

In terms of criticism around this season, that is what I see as valid to lay on Xavi. What I do not think is valid however is giving up on him, this project and our sporting philosophy due to this month alone. I wont do rounds with anyone over this but he is categorically the best manager we have had since at least Valverde and we are improving.

Bayern alone: last season it was boys against men in the first match in the CL at home. Never even close in that match. This season at the Allianz, we were very unlucky to not come out with a draw at least. Bit more clinical in our finishing and some tighter marking and we come out with the 3 points. New arrivals and young players are going to be a bit inconsistent in a situation like this so I dont see why you blame Xavi when our players make silly mistakes in key moments or underperform.

I just think if you are going to come for Xavis throat right now, you have to acknowledge we have had a particularly bad run of luck here. Especially when it comes to the CL: not only do we get by far the worst pot 2 draw imaginable with two other massive clubs, we get one who we have a horrific recent history with and the other a team tailor made tactically to frustrate us. Then you throw in an injury crisis in there at the beginning of the most important stretch of the start of the season, you can say excuses but whatever, any project like this is going to wobble when you lose two of the most important defensive pieces of your XI, their backup and three class squad players. It really has been a perfect storm of shit at the worst possible time and you cant tell me we looked THAT unconvincing prior to this shit to warrant him getting sacked.

Final thoughts for this season: La Liga is over next May and there is no telling how anyone is going to come back from the World Cup. In the CL, we have been pretty unlucky to be in this situation and if we end up in just about any other group, I think we would be in a far more comfortable situation overall. No manager can fix mental problems like this with a single window so I think the severity of this is being blown out of proportion a bit.

Sailor Mars

I think our wings are too insulated. They have no help from the full-backs. We have too many players in the middle and regardless, it looks bad. Xavi needs to get the full-backs back to play full-backs, not midfielders. They have to make it easier for the wings who, when they receive the ball, have 3 options, to return it to the midfielder, make a cross to Lewandowski who is alone among at least 2 centre backs, or to try to dribble past 2+ players themselves, which is an impossible mission.

Full-backs can be improved, but having isolated wingers just seems to Xavis's tactics. Having the winger by himself on the touchline so he can try and pull out the opposition's defenders and stretch the backline. Then either trying a dribble where if you are successful, you can have some space or good passing options, or sending in a cross to teammates in the box who should theoretically have space to work with because of a theoretically stretched backline.

Jay Jay

Full-backs can be improved, but having isolated wingers just seems to Xavis's tactics. Having the winger by himself on the touchline so he can try and pull out the opposition's defenders and stretch the backline. Then either trying a dribble where if you are successful, you can have some space or good passing options, or sending in a cross to teammates in the box who should theoretically have space to work with because of a theoretically stretched backline.

Yes, I understand that, but obviosly it doesnt't work that well, or Xavi doesn't have capacity to make that work. What does Robert or Alonso bring in the middle? I don't know, but Xavi is not far from me :D He needs to change tactics. Maybe 4231 formation, without Busquets, maybe 343...

M3ls

This is just a nightmare. The team missed the same goal as in the match against inter.

I don't understand why these idiots run in the box and do not follow the opponent's second attack rate.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Xavi has the worst record of the recent managers that reached 50 games coaching the club... all the while the squad was built to his desires... Yet, people keep asking for time and patience...

Barcilliant

A madritista friend of mine pointed out to this.
Xavi simply thought he was controlling the game and had Madrid where they want them to be, when in fact Ancelotti was the one in control, and had Xavi play where he wants.

Xavi is a stupid, delusional idiot. If he doesn't get that Madrid purposely set up and played that way he should be sacked ASAP.

People were bagging Koeman but his record with a much shittier squad is better than Xavis. That's all you need to know about this buffoon.

And what is Laporta doing trying to get to the refs dressing room???

He should be more concerned about the shit show we are. Bayern will come and give us another reality check. Can't wait to see the stupid excuses Xavi comes up with.

Devils

Never in my life have I been in favour of selling this club to an oil money sheikh or consortium.

These Catalans are going to destroy this club and it's unfair for all the people who support this club globally and who don't live in delusion.

FinBarcelonafan

Never in my life have I been in favour of selling this club to an oil money sheikh or consortium.

These Catalans are going to destroy this club and it's unfair for all the people who support this club globally and who don't live in delusion.

Those oilies would probably destroy it too. In the end, Catalans also built the team.

freetocan

Defensively, I think some of the problems can be mitigated by having a healthy Araujo-Kounde as the CB partnership, getting an actual good RB, and also replacing Busquets.

Bigger concern is the attack has been toothless for several games now. Dembele and Raphinha hardly create anything of substance. They've been marked out in all the big games this season. That's extremely concerning, especially when the club spent $70 mil recently on Raphinha.

Ferran and Raphinha is $120 mil on the front line by the new regime and the returns haven't been there.
Fully agree. Both ferran and raphinia are ver weak. I do not quality in any one in special ferran. Total useless.

jairzinho

The next 3 games could potentially determine his future. Villareal, Bilbao and Bayern are going to be difficult to beat considering the form we are in. I want to see if he has the capacity to motivate the players to get out of this slump and rectify the tactical issues or if it's going to be the same old trash with Busquets as his centre piece in midfield. He has to win the Bayern game next week. If we continue to lose ground to Madrid and get dumped to Europa league he has to be sacked.

Barcilliant

For the next game, play 4-2-3-1

MATS---Bob, Kounde, Garcia, Balde---Gavi, FDJ---Dembele, Pedri, Fati---Lewy

Xavi is married to certain ideals and won't compromise on them. I want three at the back. 352 would serve this team well but it won't happen. Xavi would rather fall on his sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans