Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
But when koeman used the 'rebuilding' as an excuse you in here were slaughtering him

He was rebuilding Barcelona right into 10th place while shitting on the President for not signing Gini Wijnaldum so yeah if you're fine with that then that's your problem.

Go and play with your xG graphs Birdy.

Birdy

He was rebuilding Barcelona right into 10th place while shitting on the President for not signing Gini Wijnaldum so yeah if you're fine with that then that's your problem.

Go and play with your xG graphs Birdy.

Same old propagandist crap
-10th place when you have 6 or 7 pts difference from the 2nd place is rather misleading to cite
- he was shitting on Laporta only after he got sacked

I had several problems with him, but truth has to be said:
he was rebuilding as well, and much harder (w/o all these transfers Xavi has, with the burdens of Griezzy and Cou, and unable to change much due to Messi still being around)

DonAK

Same old propagandist crap
-10th place when you have 6 or 7 pts difference from the 2nd place is rather misleading to cite
- he was shitting on Laporta only after he got sacked

I had several problems with him, but truth has to be said:
he was rebuilding as well, and much harder (w/o all these transfers Xavi has, with the burdens of Griezzy and Cou, and unable to change much due to Messi still being around)

So what do you want? A cookie?

DonAK

Birdy want to be the smartest man in the room all the time so badly he doesn't even know what he's trying to argue half the time. He should start with his Darwin > Haaland & Sergino Dest is Barca's future RB takes first though.

Richard.H

I think the bigger question is whether a new coach will make any difference. If barca hired Tuchel tomorrow, do you think this team will change at all? I am afraid we have a cultural issue here that will take at least 4-5 more years to get over. Clubs like Arsenal and AC Milan are finally back after rebuilding for a while and a few coaches.

DonAK

I think the bigger question is whether a new coach will make any difference. If barca hired Tuchel tomorrow, do you think this team will change at all? I am afraid we have a cultural issue here that will take at least 4-5 more years to get over. Clubs like Arsenal and AC Milan are finally back after rebuilding for a while and a few coaches.

It is a cultural issue as well as a mentality one which is why I would like for them to bring in someone from outside if Xavi is unable to turn it around. No more of this Barca DNA/Former Barca player BS.

Xavi will get the entire season regardless but the wheels could come off pretty quickly within the next few weeks.

Birdy

Birdy want to be the smartest man in the room all the time so badly he doesn't even know what he's trying to argue half the time. He should start with his Darwin > Haaland & Sergino Dest is Barca's future RB takes first though.

Dude you are super confused.
Find one post of mine where I said that Darwin>Haaland

As for Dest, having him yesterday to play Vinicius would have saved us at least one goal on the break

Birdy

So he is consistent? I mean he is now slaughtering Xavi since he started using that term.
How is that bad?

I said 'you in here' referring not to DonAK in particular, as many here were not accepting rebuilding as an excuse for Koeman, but they accept it for Xavi despite having 100 times better squad

Barcilliant

Yes, it's a cultural and mental issue. Standards have been lowered due to all the humiliations suffered.
At least KOEMAN has some excuse. Xavi has none. Board has backed him massively from day one. We must have gotten around 10 new players in since Xavi came. How many did KOEMAN get?2,3??
Imo we just need the right coach now. Someone who will turn things around rapidly and won't take any crap from board or players. I don't care if we have to change managers every season until we get the right one. All the big clubs do it anyway. Pep and Klopp are exempt but they are a different level so clubs have backed them.
It's time for club to act and run in a professional way. This is not some family business where you rope in family and friends.
Imagine Laporta wants to make further signings in January. If he does that and Xavi is sacked a new manager will be stuck with some players he doesn't want plus he won't be able to sign new players.

Klysmakabouter

Xavi in 50 games
28 wins
11 losses
11 draws
94 goals made and 51 conceited

Koeman in Games
33 wins
7 losses
10 draws
117 goals made and 53 conceited

Koeman clearly did better, with less material and without Laporta leveraging the clubs future for him. Koeman got totally destroyed here.

Xavi gets the pass because the standards are lowered and he is Catalonian.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans