Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

You don't want me to bring Klopp and Pep to comparison, but proceeds to pick the most disastrous clubs out there :lol:
But it fits, considering Xavi looks like a Spansih Solskjaer

I'm picking clubs that no longer are at the top and have to come from behind. United, Chelsea. Surely you can't pick oil clubs as a comparison stick.

We probably have more disastrous financial situation than any other big club.

Even if you look at Arsenal. This is the first year they are challenging for something serious. After 3 years of pretty bad results. You lot would have sacked Arteta years ago...

Last season for bottling top 4 for sure.

Last edited:

Rory

6 shots on target. Half of those shots on target were the result of corners. Our goal wasn't some clever tactical play, it came from a corner.

khaled_a_d

I'm picking clubs that no longer are at the top and have to come from behind. United, Chelsea. Surely you can't pick oil clubs as a comparison stick.

We probably have more disastrous financial situation than any other big club.

Liverpool,Bayern and Chelsea did well under Klopp, Flick & Tuchel. RM did well after getting Zidane twice.
We weren't as far behind as United though, never was really.

khaled_a_d

6 shots on target. Half of those shots on target were the result of corners. Our goal wasn't some clever tactical play, it came from a corner.

And the subs were awful, hindered us back.
There was no sense of urgency at the end, the team allowed the referee to take them out of the game when they knew exactly what he was.
There was no reason for the awful showing in 2nd half either, which is a theme in many games.

serghei

Impressive. 100% more than City's 3 vs Everton.

Also, if a player doesn't hit the target from 7-8m like Lewa's header and Alonso in the first half... that's still a huge chance. Even if it's not a shot on target lol. Can't believe I have to explain this.

Anyway, picking Espanyol game to prove your point shows me this is another useless witch hunt. This was a game we should have easily won 4-1 or something. And this is picked to illustrate how we don't create chances... :lol:.

Last edited:

Rory

Same game city weren't very good in? So our standard is to play as well as one of the worst games an elite club has played? What even are these points, you accused someone of posting for the sake of it earlier. This is essentially what you're doing now.

Raketa10

What games are you referring to?

We created enough chances to score 4-5 goals vs Espanyol. Surely can't be that game. Shots stats indicate something like 21 - 4.

Posting just for the sake of posting...

4-5 goals??? What the hell? Shots stat's is on of the dumbest stats in the world. I can remember only one proper chance that was created from the play and that was in 87th minute when Lewa missed it. Everything else was created from crossing the ball. If your idea of how Barca should play is "cross the ball to Lewa" than OK it's my bad.

serghei

4-5 goals??? What the hell? Shots stat's is on of the dumbest stats in the world. I can remember only one proper chance that was created from the play and that was in 87th minute when Lewa missed it. Everything else was created from crossing the ball.

Lol.

Is crossing the ball now forbidden? :lol:

What are these arguments?

Let me refresh your memory.

Big chances: Alonso first half free shot from close range wide, Raphinha missed 1 vs 1, Lewandowski header 2nd half, and another free shot missed. Not counting the lower-grade chances, only the very big ones and you get 4 not counting the goal.

Watch again.

Last edited:

Rory

Also, if a player doesn't hit the target from 7-8m like Lewa's header and Alonso in the first half... that's still a huge chance. Even if it's not a shot on target lol. Can't believe I have to explain this.

Anyway, picking Espanyol game to prove your point shows me this is another useless witch hunt. This was a game we should have easily won 4-1 or something. And this is picked to illustrate how we don't create chances... :lol:.

You know instead of editing posts to make it look like someone hasn't addressed everything you've said you can just hit the reply button. But then you'd have a post showing the initial foolish point you made I guess.

You're the one who used shots as a metric so I put it back at you by showing how half of the shots on target were from corners. More than aware shots off target can be the result of a very good chance. Alonso miss was from another corner situation. We're creating very little and having to rely on corners for big chances created.

It's not a witch hunt, it's a progressive loss of trust in a manager who hasn't shown he's capable of creating any sort of working system for the players he has at his disposal. Most managers in the world would bite your hand off if you offered them a squad with the players we have. But poor old xavi needs just 200m more.

Espanyol are a shocking side, yes we should have won but not because of how we played. We should win because the value of one of our signings could buy the entirety of Espanyol's club.

Raketa10

Lol.

Is crossing the ball now forbidden? :lol:

What are these arguments?

Let me refresh your memory.

Big chances: Alonso first half free shot from close range wide, Raphinha missed 1 vs 1, Lewandowski header 2nd half, and another free shot missed. Not counting the lower-grade chances, only the very big ones and you get 4 not counting the goal.

Watch again.

Jesus serghei you are now pulling this out of context, people slaughtered Koeman for creating chances only by crossing the ball and now when Xavi does exactly the same, now it's acceptable. Of course crossing is a valid method of play but if you can create chances ONLY by crossing the ball than something just ain't right. We can't create anything trough the middle and if crossing the ball is our only way of creating chances than LDJ was our best attacking option by far. Can you honestly say that you can see clear mechanisms in our attack? Can you honestly say that Xavi has a clear idea how to use our expensive attackers? Do our attackers move well without the ball? Come on be honest.

EDIT: One more thing. I am definitely not for sacking Xavi right now. Every manager needs time and I hope he improves. However, I honestly don't like how he utilizes our players. In addition to that he needs to stop with that renewal nonsense concerning old guard Busi and Roberto. Both of them, together with Alba need to go next summer.

Last edited:

serghei

Jesus serghei you are now pulling this out of context, people slaughtered Koeman for creating chances only by crossing the ball and now when Xavi does exactly the same, now it's acceptable. Of course crossing is a valid method of play but if you can create chances ONLY by crossing the ball than something just ain't right. We can't create anything trough the middle and if crossing the ball is our only way of creating chances than LDJ was our best attacking option by far. Can you honestly say that you can see clear mechanisms in our attack? Can you honestly say that Xavi has a clear idea how to use our expensive attackers? Do our attackers move well without the ball? Come on be honest.

EDIT: One more thing. I am definitely not for sacking Xavi right now. Every manager needs time and I hope he improves. However, I honestly don't like how he utilizes our players. In addition to that he needs to stop with that renewal nonsense concerning old guard Busi and Roberto. Both of them, together with Alba need to go next summer.

We didn't create chances only by crossing the ball, this is simply false.

Raphinha miss in the first half which he should have scored tbh, and the Lewandowski miss at the end were both created with through balls. The team created plenty of chances vs an Espanyol who parked the bus the whole game almost.

Criticizing the manager is fair game, but not after this game. After games like Celta home, Mallorca, sure, but vs Espanyol the shitstorm after the game is mostly moaning around for no reason, but the usual forum hate. We dominated the game, the rival barely had any chances, and should have won by 2-3 goals difference.

What will happen in the future we shall see.

Last edited:

Raketa10

We didn't create chances only by crossing the ball, this is simply false.

Raphinha miss in the first half which he should have scored tbh, and the Lewandowski miss at the end were both created with through balls. The team created plenty of chances vs an Espanyol who parked the bus the whole game almost.

Criticizing the manager is fair game, but not after this game. After games like Celta home, Mallorca, sure, but vs Espanyol the shitstorm after the game is mostly moaning around for no reason, but the usual forum hate. We dominated the game, the rival barely had any chances, and should have won by 2-3 goals difference.

What will happen in the future we shall see.

You misunderstood me. I am not criticizing him for Espanyol game alone. This entire season I can't see any signs of improvement. We have spent a lot of money and we are definitely under-performing in big games. In CL we under-performed heavily. We were great in that first game against Bayern but we were underwhelming in both games against Inter and especially against Bayern at home. I will be the first one to admit that he lacked entire defense during that time but against an average Inter we simply needed to show much more. IMHO we were playing much better football from the moment he took over and until that away game against Real. After that 4-0 win we basically stopped improving.

Another problem for me are our signings and potential signings during his time here.

Lewa - too old and too expensive player with too long contract. He is under-performing in big games and I suppose he was brought in for those big games.
Auba - probably the best signing in the last couple of years.
Raphinha - he definitely needs to show more and was way too expensive
Torres - same as Raphinha
Kessie - he was free but IMHO he doesn't suit our way of playing and should be sold ASAP
Christensen - OK signing so far
Kounde - IMHO he is a great signing but can not be used as a RB anymore
Alonso - a player who can only be a good LB backup for Barca but ended up playing as a CB

Xavi also wanted to sign Azpiliqueta - a 33y old finished player. He also wanted to send Balde on a loan and it turned out he is now our best LB in the squad.

In addition to that we are now chasing finished players like Kante or Jorghinho and tying to persuade Busquets to renew for another season. Furthermore, I am 99% certain that we would splash additional 60 mil on Zubimendi right now if we could. That's just a bad planing and horrible decision making. Try to acknowledge that we have paid around 115 mil for Raphinha and Torres while in the same time Benfica signed Enzo Fernandez for 14 mil and City signed Julian Alvarez for 21 mil! That's just mental.

Barca is broke so we need to spend wisely. However, we have spent a huge amount of money on old or average players that don't suit our style of play. All of that was done with Xavi's blessing so that also has to be taken into a consideration when we evaluate his work here.

Last edited:

jamrock

Tchouameni:80m
Bellingham: 130
Endrink: 75m
Mbappe: 170m

Coutinho: 160
Dembele: 120
Cheeseman: 130
De jong: 80

490m

Just a reminder of why we are where we are right now, and that 90% of those acting as if 180m, to get 4 players in, is some great number, are the same ones who use to say bartomeau is a good president & knew what he was doing re our finances.

Xavi needs a lotta work, he probably isn't the man for the job, personally I said I thought it was too soon for him, but don't expect miracles coming from where we were, with a tiny bit of money spent in today's market.

To be competitive in the league, is all we can ask for at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans