Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raketa10

Even if we sign a world class RB, DM and a winger that wouldn't change the fact that we are horribly managed. I was all in for Xavi. However, the lack of improvement is more than obvious. Great managers can significantly improve an average squad while managers without a clear idea can't do shit. According to Xavi, there is always someone else to blame; pitch, referee, bad luck or bad draw. It's a shame that he has no self criticism and probably no knowledge to turn this around.

Majority of our old and new players believed in his bullshiting last summer but this won't last for much longer. What bothers me the most is his constant nagging how we failed to score from our chances. What fucking chances??? A wast majority of our chances are created from crossing or when someone like Dembele or Pedri create chance on there own. There is no visible idea how to play in attack and 90% of the time we just circle the ball from one side to other without any movement. In attack Lewa is trying to play a role that doesn't suit him at all. For wast majority of time he isn't even present in the box and in the same time our wingers are just crossing the ball.

Furthermore, what is there to say about the manager who claims that the pillars of his project are 34y old Busi and 34y old Lewa. I am even not sure anymore if he is blind or just dumb. We are all aware that the club has no money and than he goes and spends 115 mil EUR on Torres and Raphinha. He than benched De Jong in the begging of this season in order to play Imhotep 90 minutes every single game. Furthermore he wanted to sign a 33y old Azpiliqueta but thanks to Chelsea stupidity we failed to do that. In the end, the only "Barca level player" we signed last summer (Kounde) is now playing as a RB. Unbelievable things!

Last edited:

serghei

Let's say that we can spend 150M next season, without selling anyone for money.
Which realistic transfers withsuch money would immediately make us a top 3 CL contenders under current set up with Xavi of coarse

We won't be top 3 that soon, it's gonna take some years to develop the main core of the team that is made out of young and/or unexperienced players. Even if we do find the funds and are allowed to register new top players.

Don't agree with much of the moaning about Xavi. Fighting for the league with Madrid, which we are currently doing, is about the most that can be achieved with the current team, realistically speaking. If we win the league, Xavi would have exceeded expectations even.

As it's been said by some posters, it's pretty obvious. Most here who trash Xavi gratuitously most of the time backed Lucho, and his results with Spain at the World Cup, using this main Barca core, basically led to his sacking. That's what can be done under current constrains. It is not a great generation of Spanish players. The main players that could have a great future (read could not will) are pretty raw. The 24-30 years old players that should carry the heavy load are pretty ordinary compared to past years.

Barca have the same problem. The only player we have that is world class or close and in his prime is De Jong. Almost all others, are either not that great, or too old. And please don't call Dembele world class, he's not even close.

Last edited:

Raketa10

We won't be top 3 that soon, it's gonna take some years to develop the main core of the team that is made out of young and/or unexperienced players.

In order to develop a team you need to have a clear idea how you want to play. Furthermore, you can't spend money on average or old players that don't even suit your style of play. You also need to have a bit of self criticism and in the end you need to stop relying on finished players and tactics from the past. I currently don't believe Xavi can do that.

Just look at the Arsenal starting 11 and honestly tell me who of those players would you like to see at Barca? That's the difference between a good manager and an average one. A good manger utilizes his players in the best possible way while on the other side a bad manager enhances their flaws with wrong tactics and the lack of ideas. After Lucho left all of our managers were far bellow the level this club needs and deserves.

Last edited:

Rory

Xavi has had more than enough time and more than enough money to have made an imprint on this team. I don't think we've gone forward since his arrival. League position is deceiving. Teams around us have hugely fell off, just look at Sevilla this season. Difference is they don't have 200m to throw at the team.

Looks like we could announce a starting xi and just tell them to win the game and this is how they'd try and play. The difference in squad level between us and every other la liga team except Real and Atletico is staggering. And yet rarely do we end a game where I'm thinking we're really unlucky to have not won that. On the contrary, when we have won I've thought thank god we finally scored it never looked like happening.

The board could really capitalise on the squad demographics we have and employ someone like Tuchel. There's not an obvious spanish clique in the team yet. Spanish senior players like Alba and Busquets are on the way out. The real core of the team with experience will be players like Mats, Lewa, Frenkie, even Christensen could become that core. We have a chance to go the way of Real Madrid and employ the best available option and not be hyper focused on spanish/catalan players.

khaled_a_d

We won't be top 3 that soon, it's gonna take some years to develop the main core of the team that is made out of young and/or unexperienced players. Even if we do find the funds and allow to register new top players.

Don't agree with much of the moaning about Xavi. Fighting for the league with Madrid, which we are currently doing, is about the most that can be achieved with the current team, realistically speaking. If we win the league, Xavi would have exceeded expectations even.

You are the one who claimed that if he can get "could spend 150m or so in the summer and land some top players in about 2-3 positions, the team would show a higher level and get closer to likes of Madrid, Bayern" not any of us.

Xavi already spent 200M on transfers, that is by club own admission was handpicked by him, and those were on top of already existing players (Pedri/Gavi/FDJ/MATS/Araujo/Balde/Dembele) and solid free agent signings like Kessi and Christensen, and now you claim that even if he gets another 150M we won't be elite that soon? 350M assumed splash on players in 2 years and we won't be that elite soon while also claiming "Players are used well."?

I mean Klopp splashed fraction of that and he we was CL finalist in his 3rd season (equivalent to Xavi's next year), you don't feel you are giving him excuses here :lol:

I mean sure, he isn't exactly awful, although esthetics of the team are terrible but there is clear problems there.

Raketa10

Xavi has had more than enough time and more than enough money to have made an imprint on this team. I don't think we've gone forward since his arrival. League position is deceiving. Teams around us have hugely fell off, just look at Sevilla this season. Difference is they don't have 200m to throw at the team.

Looks like we could announce a starting xi and just tell them to win the game and this is how they'd try and play. The difference in squad level between us and every other la liga team except Real and Atletico is staggering. And yet rarely do we end a game where I'm thinking we're really unlucky to have not won that. On the contrary, when we have won I've thought thank god we finally scored it never looked like happening.

The board could really capitalise on the squad demographics we have and employ someone like Tuchel. There's not an obvious spanish clique in the team yet. Spanish senior players like Alba and Busquets are on the way out. The real core of the team with experience will be players like Mats, Lewa, Frenkie, even Christensen could become that core. We have a chance to go the way of Real Madrid and employ the best available option and not be hyper focused on spanish/catalan players.

IMHO this is by far the biggest problem we currently have.

serghei

You are the one who claimed that if he can get "could spend 150m or so in the summer and land some top players in about 2-3 positions, the team would show a higher level and get closer to likes of Madrid, Bayern" not any of us.

Xavi already spent 200M on transfers, that is by club own admission was handpicked by him, and those were on top of already existing players (Pedri/Gavi/FDJ/MATS/Araujo/Balde/Dembele) and solid free agent signings like Kessi and Christensen, and now you claim that even if he gets another 150M we won't be elite that soon? 350M assumed splash on players in 2 years and we won't be that elite soon while also claiming "Players are used well."?

I mean Klopp splashed fraction of that and he we was CL finalist in his 3rd season (equivalent to Xavi's next year), you don't feel you are giving him excuses here :lol:

I mean sure, he isn't exactly awful, although esthetics of the team are terrible but there is clear problems there.

Of course we will get closer to the top teams if we address some of the big issues we have, but that doesn't mean you are top 3, nor have I said that.

Existing players are not good enough for the time being.

Comparisons with Klopp and Pep will surely help us right now :lol:. Come on... ffs... those 2 are in the top 5 managers of the last 30 years.

khaled_a_d

As Most here who trash Xavi gratuitously most of the time backed Lucho, and his results with Spain at the World Cup, using this main Barca core, basically led to his sacking.

I am going to reply to your new edits here.
Lucho had no Lewa, no Dembele, no Kounde, no Raphinha, no Stegen and no Frenkie on his disposal, arguably the only better player he had that Xavi doesn't is Rodri.
And you know what, people actually slammed his work in the World Cup. People praised him when he has done well with a young team with barely any attack, and criticised him when he failed to deliver when it was required.
Same as people were praising Xavi when he has done well with a fairly average team last year, but are criticizing him when he should deliver with a far superior squad.

Barca have the same problem. The only player we have that is world class or close and in his prime is De Jong. Almost all others, are either not that great, or too old. And please don't call Dembele world class, he's not even close.

Xavi had 200M or so on his disposal, if after that he does have only 1 world class player in his prime, it is on him.
And I don't agree with that btw, by same standard RM core is all geriatric or U-25 years old player too.

serghei

Xavi had 200M or so on his disposal, if after that he does have only 1 world class player in his prime, it is on him.
And I don't agree with that btw, by same standard RM core is all geriatric or U-25 years old player too.

You, like others don't understand that 200m doesn't mean that much now, when you need almost a new team.

200m doesn't bring you from playing with Demir, Jutgla, Abde in the previous season, to challenging likes of Liverpool, Bayern etc. :lol:

Hell, how much did United spend in the last 3-4 summers, and they can't even get close to a title challenge in EPL. What are we even talking about here?

Rory

If we signed Mbappe and Haaland I don't think Xavi would have a good tactical plan for them and we'd be just as far away from top 3 ucl contender. At some point it's nothing to do with the players and everything to do with the man in charge of them.

Raketa10

How is even possible that a team consisting of:

FDJ-Pedri-Gavi
Demebele (Torres)-Lewa (Depay)-Raphinha (Fati)

CAN'T create shit in attack??? I am not saying that this team can win a CL or needs to compete with City or PSG but FFS this team can't create shit against Espanyol or Osasuna! This team also drew and lost in 2 games against an average Inter! We seriously need to stop making excuses for Xavi. There is no such thing as a perfect team. His job is to get the best from his players and he is far from doing that. I agree that we don't have a proper RB but in every other position we have players that can compete against majority of European teams. Furthemore, in the end it's his fault that we currently have 3 LB's and two horrible RB's.

Last edited:

serghei

How is even possible that a team consisting of:

FDJ-Pedri-Gavi
Demebele (Torres)-Lewa (Depay)-Raphinha (Fati)

CAN'T create shit in attack??? I am not saying that this team can win a CL or needs to compete with City or PSG but FFS this team can't create shit against Espanyol. This team also drew and lost in 2 games against an average Inter! We seriously need to stop making excuses for Xavi. There is no such thing as a perfect team. His job is to get the best from his players and he is far from doing that.

What games are you referring to?

We created enough chances to score 4-5 goals vs Espanyol. Surely can't be that game. Shots stats indicate something like 21 - 4.

Posting just for the sake of posting...

khaled_a_d

Hell, how much did United spend in the last 3-4 summers, and they can't even get close to a title challenge in EPL. What are we even talking about here?

You don't want me to bring Klopp and Pep to comparison, but proceeds to pick the most disastrous clubs out there :lol:
But it fits, considering Xavi looks like a Spansih Solskjaer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans