Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windhook

Because gavi gives us more control in midfield & his work rate is way higher than fati's for when the game becomes intense.

Exactly. Gavi has the energy to be everywhere on the left. In many episodes of the match he was on the left trying to link up with Lewa, ball was lost and seconds later Gavi was back helping Balde.

He didn't look so happy talking to Laporta at the end of the broadcast.

During the ceremony they congratulated each other, but without emotions. I prefer not to make a big deal of that scene. Where Barca is atm is a good place. Mountains of work lay ahead and Xavi knows that. Same for Laporta facing big financial challenges.

JamDav1982

Gavi was also coming central in midfield at times when possesion was slower to create numbers and 'overload'.. he even popped up on right a couple of times and Pedri/FDJ would react to it.

He seemed to have a free role from left and his energy and space they left he took full advantage of it.

Balde being able to take width on left so easily from front to back helps clearly. He could have had a goal and assist himself.

Porque

Fati has actually been alright in his past 10 or so games if you ignore the WC break. Some decent assists and goals in there.

Gavi had a Chad game, but we all know that Xavi will try this setup in another game and Gavi will be toothless, touch the ball about 6 times and be subbed on the 60.

So, yeah. Buuuuuut it does show that we could give Torre a few chances in the same role as a sub, and maintain the structure.

That way we get the midfield overloads as JamDav pointed, but also a chance to take advantage of that incredible right foot with less risk.

FinBarcelonafan

During the ceremony they congratulated each other, but without emotions. I prefer not to make a big deal of that scene. Where Barca is atm is a good place. Mountains of work lay ahead and Xavi knows that. Same for Laporta facing big financial challenges.

True. This was a small win but nothing else. They both know that. Much needed win though. It's a start.

Horatio

You're welcome
Loved Xavi on the sideline yesterday. Was also smiles with Ancelotti before the game.

Love the moment at 3:20 where Xavi tries to remain stoic but can't help but see Gavi celebrate like mad and smile and let out a vamos.

Horatio

You're welcome
That Gavi turn at 0:30 looks so natural. So simple yet so effective.

Yes. Sometimes I read Gavi is poor on the ball, but I remember him showing great dribbles and movement like this in past games. Talented and does this on instinct. Maybe they referring to his passing and crossing.

JamDav1982

Yes. Sometimes I read Gavi is poor on the ball, but I remember him showing great dribbles and movement like this in past games. Talented and does this on instinct. Maybe they referring to his passing and crossing.

He isnt poor but isnt on the level of Pedri and FDJ at dribbling, passing or finding space in midfield and despite his agresssion can be headless chicken at times.. for me FDJ and Pedri read game better defensively also.

For now that freeer role as a 4th mid probably does suit him and that freedom to go and be aggresive and take chances.

As part of a midfield three and him being the AM in a shape he struggles a bit at times and did for Spain.

Pedri plays that role much better for now for me.

When teams sit deeper he wont get space for those runs in behind but he is brave as they come, decent finisher and maybe can get closer to Lewa in and around box or help be another target. He is even decent in air for his size.

Windhook

I don't know what Xavi told the team after CF Intercity, but these guys are not the ones who drew 1-1 with Espanyol at Camp Nou.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans