Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

They won't make it there 'easily' but it's not impossible they stumble their way through like they often do even if they're the worse side.

Of course anything is possible.

But for me folk over rate them and their ability to progress if play like last year and a year older.

KingLeo10

Klopp's Liverpool and Pep's City have been consistently good to elite sides.

You can't earn the title of a great team without consistent success in the premier competition in Europe (CL) or at least European success/league success double.

Sorry. Absolute no one would consider Pep's Barca or 14-15 MSN a great side if they didn't dominate Europe in addition to dominating Spain.

Neeraj

It's not surprising that people 'over-estimate' Real relative to their team and performance this year. They've won CL playing like hot garbage for the first half of the season twice, and once while being average , in the last few years. Mentality and rising to the occasion combined with experienced players - it's a thing.

Of course, it has to end some time, they can't keep winning like this. But until that does happen and they do go off a cliff, you'd be crazy to write them off as heavy underdogs. Fool me once, shame on you....

JamDav1982

It's not surprising that people 'over-estimate' Real relative to their team and performance this year. They've won CL playing like hot garbage for the first half of the season twice, and once while being average , in the last few years. Mentality and rising to the occasion combined with experienced players - it's a thing.

Of course, it has to end some time, they can't keep winning like this. But until that does happen and they do go off a cliff, you'd be crazy to write them off as heavy underdogs. Fool me once, shame on you....

The have been out in last 16 more than have been in final last 4 years.

Folk act like they go far and win it every season.

Make money and back them if such great odds.

They had a far better squad when winning 3 of 4 even if had some dips in league.

Last edited:

jamrock

No shit they've been out in the last 16 more than the final, what kinda stat is that lol.

The chiefs has made it to the AFC championship game more than they've made it to the super bowl over the last 4 years.

Who is the favourite for the Superbowl the last 4 years & this year? You guessed it, the chiefs.

Has much as it seems to be the case with Madrid, teams don't just make it to final after final in perpetuity.

Tucker Carlos levels of spin.

jamrock

Yep at this rate, until they are out, you can't count them out, their 13/14 CL titles tells us as much, they know how to do knock out football.

Andresito

Staff member
They were underdogs less than a year ago but still made it. That's what er have in our memories. Had last year not happened then people would be more certain they won't win. But Madrid showed that they're still capable of those voodoo wins. I don't think they'll do it again, but then again I didn't last year either. Anything can happen.

JamDav1982

Cant count anyone out until knocked out.

But the argument is how likely folk think they are to repeat last year.

Dont think they will scud Liverpool in way some make out.

Lets see.

Liverpool are being over ran by team in midfield at moment.. Real wont do that to them.

Neeraj

The have been out in last 16 more than have been in final last 4 years.

Folk act like they go far and win it every season.

Make money and back them if such great odds.

They had a far better squad when winning 3 of 4 even if had some dips in league.

Don't understand the point here. They're also winners + semi finalists in the last 2 years when they have been older and 'worse' than the preceding two years when they were knocked out in R16. Or 2xwinner + semi finalists in last 5 years.

Can pick and choose years all you want - the point still stands that they defy expectations given their team and performances through the season, with last year being another clear example.

JamDav1982

Don't understand the point here. They're also winners + semi finalists in the last 2 years when they have been older and 'worse' than the preceding two years when they were knocked out in R16. Or 2xwinner + semi finalists in last 5 years.

Can pick and choose years all you want - the point still stands that they defy expectations given their team and performances through the season, with last year being another clear example.

They have 'defied' expectations once in four years.

Chelsea done same in that time.

Liverpool won one then also.

Over rating them as shit scared win.

Lets see if you are right. Not for me.

What are your predictions for Real in CL this season?

jamrock

exactly the point is just putting words together that sounds okish.

Birdy

Klopp's Liverpool and Pep's City have been consistently good to elite sides.

You can't earn the title of a great team without consistent success in the premier competition in Europe (CL) or at least European success/league success double.

Sorry. Absolute no one would consider Pep's Barca or 14-15 MSN a great side if they didn't dominate Europe in addition to dominating Spain.

It's not only about the number of titles these sides won.
It's about how they changed/defined the game, and about the level of domination they showed

You can win a cup and be shite (look at RM)
You can win a cup and be the indisputable best team in the world (like Barca MSN)
There are levels between, and your take is obliterating the difference

fergus90

If I was a betting man I'd put my money on Bayern this year. But it depends on many factors for any team doesn't it: injuries, suspensions etc.

But the last couple months before the world cup they were playing some brilliant football, it's all started to tick for them under Nagelsmann. Shame that when they were playing shite, we were the only team they beat :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans