Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegitot

Didn't Mou and Zidane say before that winning the league is harder than UCL??? Though Liga back then was much stronger and better.

Liga is low now but winning the league is always good. Just not good at all when you lose too early in Europe like this season (UCL group stage and UEL playoff).

Morten

Didn't Mou and Zidane say before that winning the league is harder than UCL??? Though Liga back then was much stronger and better.

Liga is low now but winning the league is always good. Just not good at all when you lose too early in Europe like this season (UCL group stage and UEL playoff).

Doesn't matter as it isn't, statistics are clear, RM in the last 10 years or so is the outlier, not the norm.

Richard.H

We are talking like he has already won La Liga, let's not jump the gun. I bet the team will shit the bed and be pussified again when it gets closer to the end of the season. Pressure increases a lot when you get to March-April and we all know how this Barca deals with pressure...

Barcilliant

How do we block someone I honestly can't deal with barcaillant just constant negativity, Jesus fuckin Christ.

Winning la Liga shows we can beat the likes elche & gefates, no shit you fucking idiot, that's why it's called a league title, it's the same everywhere.

It's called reality. Suck it up drama queen! 🤣🤣

Barcilliant

What are you talking about, "RM cant even do it"? Mate, we are the last team to rely on defending a league title, its just not something we do, you would have to go back 15 years for that.

Ironically, the last time we did that, we were absolutely useless in Europe.

At least for an outsider it seems to me that RM prioritise the CL. It's the competition they have the most hunger for. If Madrid face Barca in CL watch how Madrid will own Barca. They prefer high pressure,high intensity competition. We've seen them slack off in the league many times against lesser teams. Barca are just good at consistently beating lesser teams under less pressure. Madrid are more of a cup team, Barca are more of a league team.

The Copa tie is going to be very interesting.

fergus90

Madrid have more league titles than anyone in Spain so they obviously prioritise it. They wouldn?t pack out Cibeles in their thousands to celebrate if they didn?t care about it.

Every season there will be new signings/youngsters in a team hungry for their first title. If Barca win the league they should be packing out the Camp Nou and celebrating in style. Especially when you consider where the club was 18 months ago.

Gari

Madrid celebrated the Copa del Rey with parades and marches. It's strange to see the praise of Real Madrid. Real Madrid is strong because they don't care about titles, they just always praise themselves. Even without titles. And we always scold ourselves. Psychology.

iniestaGOAT

Madrid celebrated the Copa del Rey with parades and marches. It's strange to see the praise of Real Madrid. Real Madrid is strong because they don't care about titles, they just always praise themselves. Even without titles. And we always scold ourselves. Psychology.

There are many undercover Madrid fans here that's why you see them praise Madrid 24/7

Like bracilliant

Barcilliant

����

No undercover fan. Just respect for their achievements. I enjoy it as much as any Barca fan when we beat them.
In the most prestigious team competition in the world they have 14 titles. That speaks for itself.

serghei

This forum... I swear... :lol:

When all is said and done, the reality is we are not even a full season since we got on board with the rebuild project, and got rid of overpaid oldies like Messi, Suarez, Pique, now pushing Alba to a rotation role, and sold the deadwood like Coutinho, Griezmann etc.

And in barely one full season, with Xavi as manager and this medium-long term plan focused on free transfers, some signings and mostly youngsters like Gavi, Pedri, Balde, we are close to win all domestic titles in play.

But all of this doesn't count because bla, bla, La Liga is shit and whatnot.

And despite all this people want to sack the manager because they have discovered the earth shattering reality that in you can't really compete in CL against wealthier clubs with bigger squads so early in your project, while we are yet to play our best 11 in any of these matches almost.

All I can say is I am glad we have Laporta in charge. He seems smart enough to stick with Xavi and recognize the big progress done this season, on this very good path we are on, with so many roadblocks against us set by La Liga and previous disastrous board.

This club has 2 things to correct to get back on top in Europe as well. a) Find ways to spend money like the competitors do every summer to build a bigger quality squad and deal with injuries better, and b) Sign better players with those money.

The manager, the youngsters, tactical elements in the team (pressing, positioning, physicality, defensive setup), are developing at an incredibly fast rate. Fixing a) and b) are hard to do because we don't have the luxury of forking 200m in the summer.

The doom and gloom brigade around here are so delusional, they can't even appreciate how hard earned this title will be if we get it done. How much will it actually take in terms of focus and commitment from Xavi and the youngsters, work put in each week, to win a title so early in our rebuild. Even if it's against such trash teams such as Real Madrid in this terrible league.

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

����

No undercover fan. Just respect for their achievements. I enjoy it as much as any Barca fan when we beat them.
In the most prestigious team competition in the world they have 14 titles. That speaks for itself.

Nobody cares and no one respects them

go support them if you love them so much

We know you already do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans