Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinBarcelonafan

Raphinha is not such a big issue. Top class teams have 50-60m. rotation players all the time. The problem is delusional Barca fans still think that sum is destined for starter forwards. They are behind of current football market by 10-15 years.

News-flash, elite attackers are 100m and 50-60m can bring you a good squad player.

Truth. The prices have gone up a lot.

malvolio

Inter missing out on Brozovic & lukaku who basically hasn't played a game this season is world's apart from us messing our two starting CB, not even close really & it showed it that game at the camp Nou, were we literally gave them two goals.

If they had there two missing players & we ours, I'm putting big money on his winning that game, our loses at CB had a much bigger impact.

The two games against inter is what cost us the CL, glorious round of 16 and but for bad calls & injuries, the 4 points would have been for us, not Them.

Fine margins.

Fine margins my ass. Two years in a row we got dumped in the exact same manner.

Now we got this starting miraculous defense and we get dumped from the Europa League. Excuses for losers if you ask me.

And its not even the first time we get dumped from CL groups and EL KOs. We fearing likes of Benfica, Frankfurt and Inter now.

serghei

This is true, that rotation didn't make sense.

I agree, but with a big caveat. We don't know how these players behave on day to day basis. Xavi could see some players being tired after the big effort put in vs Villareal for a hard fought 3 points, and in this case, considering EL was the last objective, it makes sense to rotate and don't risk anything considering we still have some big games coming up vs Bilbao and Madrid away.

I think that if the United tie was a semis instead of a play-off for a last 16 place, we would have gone full strenght for the whole tie be what it may. Considering Pedri got injured vs United, I think there are clear signgs that the first 11 are tired. Xavi has played them a lot due to the squad being weak in terms of options from the bench and the schedule being very difficult with away games to top 6-8 teams one after another almost.

That's the practical situation we are facing. These are not "excuses", but the hardships of being involved on 4 fronts with a thin squad filled with young players not used to playing so many games in such a hectic schedule.

Last edited:

Rory

Just can't get my head around not starting our settled and strongest defence in the first leg against united. I know it's been mentioned to death by everyone but I just can't understand it. It's the home game and the first leg, where you want to build momentum in the tie. Look at all of our goals vs united and none of them are due to attacking tactics. That's what should worry people.

Had to score from a corner, a cross that very fortunately ended up in the goal and a penalty. So Xavi has not been clued up on our defensive play (not starting best defence in first leg), nor did he show any promise in an attacking sense. Don't worry though we'll scrape a 1-0 vs Almeria tomorrow after Xavi tells everyone how difficult a game it will be.

fergus90

Our performances over the two years with Xavi in Europe have been miles off it. Napoli away being the only exception. The Bayern first half at the Allianz was very good, should have been leading but second half they returned the favour and won comfortably come the final whistle.

There is just something missing in the club in general, many of the players have become accustomed to losing now. That does eventually bleed into the squad, belief you can compete just isn't there. There is no obligation or will to believe you can win.

Any team that goes 1-0 up, do you ever feel confident the team can bring it back? Even in EL it doesn't seem possible.

This was a problem before Xavi arrived too btw, but barring the 18/19 season until Anfield, this has been the case for best part of 6-7 years. Like the club borrowed it's fighting spirit for one night against QSG for the next 10 years :lol:

Last edited:

jamrock

Fine margins my ass. Two years in a row we got dumped in the exact same manner.

Now we got this starting miraculous defense and we get dumped from the Europa League. Excuses for losers if you ask me.

And its not even the first time we get dumped from CL groups and EL KOs. We fearing likes of Benfica, Frankfurt and Inter now.

Fine margins bro, our two CBs are fit, we win.

Last season is a wash, after all that BS in that season, it doesn't really matter what happens.

32 teams start the CL group stage, 1 win.
So 31 teams are "losers" that's just the way it works out.

malvolio

Fine margins bro, our two CBs are fit, we win.

Last season is a wash, after all that BS in that season, it doesn't really matter what happens.

32 teams start the CL group stage, 1 win.
So 31 teams are "losers" that's just the way it works out.

Really? You can't win if you don't score, which was a major problem for us in Bayern and Inter matches. Put several chances away in first half and you are able to dictate the tempo of the game at least.

We luckily scored at Old Trafford and with our so called best defense in Europe we conceded two to go out and we couldn't fight back at all.

It's easy to say we missed X player, or refs robbed us. But we are currently in a cycle of European losses. If it was a one off maybe you could have shrugged it off and moved on. But we are a rich club, regardless of the doom and gloom. And I refuse to believe Benfica, Inter and Frankfurt are suddenly superior teams.

jamrock

Really? You can't win if you don't score, which was a major problem for us in Bayern and Inter matches. Put several chances away in first half and you are able to dictate the tempo of the game at least.

We luckily scored at Old Trafford and with our so called best defense in Europe we conceded two to go out and we couldn't fight back at all.

It's easy to say we missed X player, or refs robbed us. But we are currently in a cycle of European losses. If it was a one off maybe you could have shrugged it off and moved on. But we are a rich club, regardless of the doom and gloom. And I refuse to believe Benfica, Inter and Frankfurt are suddenly superior teams.

Not that they are superior teams, teams lose to inferior teams all the time, Madrid winning 5 CL is evidence of that, they were inferior in a lot of those & still won.

Like you said we are going through a rough cycle, I'm not blaming the ref or injuries to take anything away from inter or Bayern, these things are a part of the game, but doesn't change the fact that they happened.

We are going through a rebuild right now, if we make anything less than say the QF next season, then I'll be right there with you about Europe.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's tough for the defenders to work when they're under pressure most of the game because the midfield is useless and the forwards struggle to create chances and score.

We seriously need to look into first of all sign a Busquets replacement, but also a more creative midfielder as Pedri is currently the only one who is able to create chances or play key passes consistently.

Also need to get a starting caliber LW.

The more I think about it, the more I believe our priority need to be: LW, CDM, AM, RB in that order. Now if you can add Vitor Roque or someone else as a future Lewandowski replacement in between that would be great too.

vegitot

If win today, Madrid will surely surrender in the league.

That said if somehow he bottles 10 points lead, that will be the biggest bottle job in history of Liga. Won't happen though (hope so)

Devils

If win today, Madrid will surely surrender in the league.

That said if somehow he bottles 10 points lead, that will be the biggest bottle job in history of Liga. Won't happen though (hope so)

Doubt he bottles the league.

I think he will lose to Madrid in Copa though.

Givenchy

Sack him sack him sack him fucking sack him. Don't even waste another minute on this amateur. Stood on the touchline clapping like a twat making himself look busy.

We mortgaged the clubs future to give this guy shit signing after shit signing. You can't even blame the quality of players when this clown requested them :lol:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This game was not really that much different to previous games this season.

Only difference being we usually won those 1-0. Instead we lost 1-0 here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans