Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gari

Joan Laporta: "Xavi insists that if we don't win the league, he will not continue. However, I have transmitted my trust in him, he's doing very well."Xavi takes responsibility. I had no doubts.

gregorrin10

Joan Laporta: "Xavi insists that if we don't win the league, he will not continue. However, I have transmitted my trust in him, he's doing very well."Xavi takes responsibility. I had no doubts.

Hopefully he keeps his word, if/when we bottle it. Although we might manage to hold on just because Madrid is our only competitor, and is so bad too, and especially if they stay occupied in the CL past the 1/4 finals.

Barcilliant

Interesting video on how Klopp countered Man Utds man for man markng in midfield.

Barca did the opposite.. Man Utd pushed man for man on FDJ and Kessie/Busi and Barca had no real tactical alternative to exploit the space it left.

This was mentioned during both matches and how Barca made it far too easy for Fred etc to just push up and try to man mark FDJ without much threat of space he left.

Should have been a field day for likes of Gavi to come inside and find space the way Gakpo does there but Barca didnt adapt an he couldnt find ball enough.

Xavi needs to start learning to deal with in games tactis at top level much better than has.

Done well v Real.. who are fairly one dimensional at time and played them enough to be left with little surprises how they play but far too often out done tactically in Europe.

Xavi and his brother have to show they are learning soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7Q0B97UeEE

Sweet. Thanks for this. It shows the glaring deficiencies Xavi has. He really should have paid his dues before getting the top job. This is not an apprenticeship club. This is the real deal. If he had taken up the Barca B job and succeeded there I would have welcomed him with open arms. He's not only screwing up 8n Europe but hindering the development 9f the youngsters too. I think Pedri,Gavi,Balde would improve alot more under an experienced, world class manager.

iniestaGOAT

Sweet. Thanks for this. It shows the glaring deficiencies Xavi has. He really should have paid his dues before getting the top job. This is not an apprenticeship club. This is the real deal. If he had taken up the Barca B job and succeeded there I would have welcomed him with open arms. He's not only screwing up 8n Europe but hindering the development 9f the youngsters too. I think Pedri,Gavi,Balde would improve alot more under an experienced, world class manager.

Stfu no one cares if you welcome him or not

iniestaGOAT

This is why everyone loves don laporta, rewarded if you're win sacked if you lose

Let's goo

Messigician

🚨| Negreira offered himself to Bar?a after being fired: ?I can help you with the VAR?

In 2020, a La Liga won by Madrid with controversy over the VAR, he told Bar?a board: ?You would have done better with me.?

@elmundoes @partidazocope

JohnN

Since we are analyzing how ETH didn't plan the game well vs Klopp, we should also see how Carlo outplayed Klopp and finally how xavi has already outplayed Carlo twice.
Managers don't get it right all the time. Xavi surely doesn't and klopp is also One of the best managers around.
Also, it's obvious that when you lose 7-0, nothing at all has gone according to plan and shit like that happens to everyone.
I wouldn't make any conclusions based on that.

Messi983

What explanation did he provide? Heard he said there is a hierarchy to penalties. It is agreed upon Ferran is first designated penaltytaker(of the ones on pitch)

From what I've read our main PK takers are

1. Lewy
2. Kessie (he was on the pitch so he should took it)

But they decided before the game to give PK (if we'd get one) to Ferran because it was against his former team and he had family/friends in the stands. Truly pathetic if that's the reason (Can do that shit when up by 3 or 4 goals but in close games always your best/most reliable taker should take responsibility) but both Xavi and Raphinha have confirmed Ferran was choosen by the coaching staff as a PK taker before the game and all players knew that so really no reason for Ansu to get "involved" which probably affected Ferran's concentration.

iniestaGOAT

From what I've read our main PK takers are

1. Lewy
2. Kessie (he was on the pitch so he should took it)

But they decided before the game to give PK (if we'd get one) to Ferran because it was against his former team and he had family/friends in the stands. Truly pathetic if that's the reason (Can do that shit when up by 3 or 4 goals but in close games always your best/most reliable taker should take responsibility) but both Xavi and Raphinha have confirmed Ferran was choosen by the coaching staff as a PK taker before the game and all players knew that so really no reason for Ansu to get "involved" which probably affected Ferran's concentration.

No need, ferran was chosen before the game.

He is a good kciker of the ball, he should continue if hes starting and lewa and kessi arent

serghei

Since we are analyzing how ETH didn't plan the game well vs Klopp, we should also see how Carlo outplayed Klopp and finally how xavi has already outplayed Carlo twice.
Managers don't get it right all the time. Xavi surely doesn't and klopp is also One of the best managers around.
Also, it's obvious that when you lose 7-0, nothing at all has gone according to plan and shit like that happens to everyone.
I wouldn't make any conclusions based on that.

True. Well said.

KingLeo10

I was warming up to ETH in relation to Xavi and then ETH went out and suffered the biggest beatdown of the last few years :lol:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
There are plenty of worse coaches than Xavi. His ideas are solid, but he lacks in-game management and reactions/responses to the opponent for now. But he is a young coach and Barca is his first big job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans