Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

wisconsincule

Losing yesterday is meh, we are missing some key players and you can't win every Clasico, it's just the way that it happened, losing 4-0 at home is embarrassing.

People need to stop feeling embarrassed or humiliated when this team takes a bad loss. You literally have zero control of the outcome. Don?t let some strangers on the internet bully your feelings.

I?m sure the players aren?t feeling embarrassed so there is zero reason a fan should.

iniestaGOAT

People need to stop feeling embarrassed or humiliated when this team takes a bad loss. You literally have zero control of the outcome. Don?t let some strangers on the internet bully your feelings.

I?m sure the players aren?t feeling embarrassed so there is zero reason a fan should.

Why shouldn't be feel embarrassed

They are representing my club

JamDav1982

Frenkie and Christensen played in both legs.

Those are their best players other than Rashford and Casimero. Should have been a cakewalk to knock them out if you think their most important players are 'random'.

Also not sure why you're playing up Dembele after calling him shit the entire season.

It is the usual.

Barca were being called as underdogs against Man Utd by some when had full team.. Pedri was over rated, Dembele over rated etc.

Then Man Utd knock out Barca and it is all about the players like Pedri and Dembele who were missing from same folk that were getting in as early as could with excuses about how much better Man Utds squad was.

Barcilliant

The problem is the culture and lowering of standards at the club. What was once unacceptable has now become the norm. Those clowns Barto and shitverde really let the rot set in and now when we get thrashed everyone just shrugs their shoulders and moves on.
La liga is terrible at the moment. Sevilla, Valencia,Atleti are all shite. Firstly we haven't won the title. Everyone knows we are very capable of choking and losing it. Secondly this title would be hollow. As mentioned previously we are a meme club. No-one respects us in Europe anymore.
How much longer do we have to put up with Xavi? This is a guy who essentially paid big money for two right wingers when we had Dembele. Not to mention his Spanish fetish and hard on for the amigos. We are short of money and 200 million spent and barring Christensen no player has shined.
Next season will be worse. 8f Laporta has any sense will fire him at the end of the season.

iniestaGOAT

The problem is the culture and lowering of standards at the club. What was once unacceptable has now become the norm. Those clowns Barto and shitverde really let the rot set in and now when we get thrashed everyone just shrugs their shoulders and moves on.
La liga is terrible at the moment. Sevilla, Valencia,Atleti are all shite. Firstly we haven't won the title. Everyone knows we are very capable of choking and losing it. Secondly this title would be hollow. As mentioned previously we are a meme club. No-one respects us in Europe anymore.
How much longer do we have to put up with Xavi? This is a guy who essentially paid big money for two right wingers when we had Dembele. Not to mention his Spanish fetish and hard on for the amigos. We are short of money and 200 million spent and barring Christensen no player has shined.
Next season will be worse. 8f Laporta has any sense will fire him at the end of the season.

This title is only hollow for you becauase we won it with more than 10 games to go.

Bro I am owning these clown ass Xavi haters right now, none of them have got anything left to say.

I am simply the GOAT postetr

Birdy

PAges after pages of people arguing about the quality of the squad.

Whoever doesn't understand that the team lost the plot and their minds after the 0-2, simply didn't get what happened in the game.
The very same players were controlling Madrid for 45' and could have been 1-0 up. Similar players won in Copa 1st leg and last Classico.
Wake up

PS: Excluding people like Serghei who always has an agenda and will write the same things no matter what happened on the pitch

mc_lovin

Was honestly surprised how well we played in the first half. Second half is quite inexplicable to me, but our intensity seemed to drop to zero for whatever reason. All players fell of a cliff, so no point dishing out individual blame (Kessie did a good Lenglet impression though). The 2nd goal was one of the worst I have seen us concede.

Hopefully a needed reality check for the club.

Birdy

Was honestly surprised how well we played in the first half. Second half is quite inexplicable to me, but our intensity seemed to drop to zero for whatever reason. All players fell of a cliff, so no point dishing out individual blame (Kessie did a good Lenglet impression though). The 2nd goal was one of the worst I have seen us concede.

Hopefully a needed reality check for the club.

It's explicable.
Roberto explained it in the post match presser. Madrid's goal 'hit our morale'
Meaning our crybabes snowflakes become emotionally destabilized because things didn't go our way

Horatio

You're welcome
Hit our morale because of a goal conceded. &?&) off conceded bunch. That?s football. What kind of athletes are these thinking like that as soon as they face adversity. Should be opposite. Should motivate them. That?s why we ain?t winning CL. Find players that think like that and it will change. We have a handful with right attitude though.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
People need to stop for a minute and think about where we are currently and where we were a few years ago. I find it strange some do not see signs of improvement or development when it comes to how we play on the pitch, the pattern of play, our overall shape and tactical strength and crucially the calibre of players we have now. It stings, I was certainly surprised and fuming watching that 2nd half but we can go all the back to Lucho and name matches where we have gotten slapped like that. Especially with the risks we take in our high press, if we are not executing well on either side of the ball, we will get punished. It is just a reality of football now; does this result mean we toss out the baby with the bath water and pull the plug on Xavi? Hell fucking no and being reactionary after these sort of results never helps.

I said it last night on Twitter: the depth of this project has been exposed. Depth is a key reason why Real, season after season now, pick up form at the business end of the season. It is not just Xavi here; too many managers over the years have been asked to run 11-14 players into the ground each season and it inevitably continues to burn us through injury and player fatigue in these clutch, do or die matches.

I am convinced and I think it is clear we are making progress and headed in the right direction. A key intangible we are missing at the moment is ruthlessness; we are so wasteful with our chances and it really has been a theme in our play since Pep, the difference is we used to have Eto, Messi, Henry, David Villa and prime Xaviniesta creating high xG chance after chance. I am not even going to try and compare our attackers currently to any of those legends. It would be disrespectful; point being we are not at the level to where we can afford to be this wasteful with our chances and when we have momentum in a game. It has been a consistent theme in our play, all season, when we have been poor and when we have looked unplayable, which believe it or not, has happened plenty of times this season.

Barring exceptionally talented greats like Messi and Busquets (barely these days) I am pretty convinced the football Xavi wants just cannot work with 30+ players who do not have the legs to cover each blade of grass throughout the 90. Consistently the players we praise are our younger players, continually the players we criticize are these so called experienced older players. Not saying we only play 21 year olds each game, the Robertos of the world can handle the Elches and Getafes but if we cant sign quality depth players to fill in when our starters cant, I would rather give a shot to a Pablo Torre or Alex Garrido who can actually fulfill the demands of a role in a big match than someone like Roberto who can only do maybe 60-70% of what is needed.

Xavi is too trusting of players like Marcos Alonso and Roberto, to the point of whether the dreaded Spanish bias question is relevant again and he has to be ruthless with certain players (looking at that Polish fraud first and foremost) and start instilling a more clinical, ruthless nature in this squad. He needs to trust the youth; it has continually bailed us out year after year despite our disastrous squad planning.

He has shown signs of learning. It is a shame we kept being handicapped with missing key players on these big matches so we can actually get a good idea of if this can really work or not. From what I have seen this season, I think it is more positive than negative with Xavi. People have Pep ideals and standards in their heads. I think we can all now appreciate how special and lucky that was but in terms of trajectory, it is giving me a bit of Rijkaard vibes during his first two season; stuttering here and there but trending in the right direction.

Always hurts to lose a cup competition to Real but La Liga was always the priority and hopefully Xavi sees he just cant trust these dusted Spanish abuelos in the big matches. If that continues into next season with better squad players, I will start turning on him but I still think he is doing a solid job. With the right squad tweaks, a certain GOAT returning and lessening the gap between our depth players and starters, we will be more competitive across all fronts rather than just in the league next season.

Do brighton have a better squad? because they don't need all time great level players to play the way they do. Not one person has asked for pep/barca ~2010 levels but Xavists like to use strawman arguments to defend his performances and its hilarious. Not even asking for tiki taka here...
It's always the same absurd rhetoric...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans