Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neeraj

:lol: forgot about this one, yikes

And what about trying to force FDJ out? That, while it didn't materialize because of FDJ himself, is the biggest crime of it all. But serghei and the usual posters of course will skirt the issue given it didn't actually go through :lol: And if it did, you can bet your house the Xavi apologists would be talking about how he's not that great of a player and was overhyped etc. Man is by far the best player in the team :lol:

iniestaGOAT

Utd have 20 league titles, Liverpool 19. Utd have 3 cl, Liverpool have 6. Liverpool are the bigger club. Utd are overhyped due to their marketing. No-one gives a flying fuck about Utd. Their fan base is mostly in South east Asia.

Wrong again. It's a accepted in England that united is the biggest club there .

There fan base is all over england.

In fact I was listening to talksport, they even said Manchester United is bigger than real Madrid and Barcelona.

delancey

Wrong again. It's a accepted in England that united is the biggest club there .

There fan base is all over england.

In fact I was listening to talksport, they even said Manchester United is bigger than real Madrid and Barcelona.

So because talksport says something, it becomes truth? :lol:

serghei

What does bayern buying multiple players over multiple years mean exactly? that doesn't prove anything. The amount you pay for a player isn't necessarily indicative of the quality of said player, dont conflate the two. Also us choosing not to spend money on our defence doesn't validate the point you tried to prove lol...

Since you seem to think spending money is the key indicator of quality breakdown done for fun below.

Bayern:

19/20
Pavard - 35
Lucas Hernandez - 80

21/22
Upamecano - 42.5

22/23
De Ligt - 67

all up : 224m

Barca:
19/20
Giezman:120m +15m
FDJ: 86m

21/22
torres: 60m

22/23
Raphina:58m
kounde:50m
lewy:45m

so we could somewhat compete financially over those same years we just wasted the money.
Lucky we dont even go further back because we absolutely dwarf bayern.

Net transfers
Year - Bayern - barca
19/20 - 139m - 298m
20/21 - 66m - 112m
21/22 - 57m - 69.5m
22/23 - 145m - 158m
total - 407m - 637m

even in the most fucked years we spent more or at least as much as them.
so we should be ~230m better than bayern. lol

Why do you think everyone here hates Bartomeu? Because he spent all that money on shit players like Coutinho, Grizmann or overrated players like Dembele who are always injured.

Where you don't make any sense is blaming this on Xavi.

Bayern has been managed way better than Barca under Bartomeu. Laporta and Xavi are trying to improve the situation and get us back to compete, but between our financial problems and La Liga fighting against us, it's gonna take time and money.

That's all there is to it.

It's not rocket science. The main reason for the current problems is the ruinous presidency of Bartomeu. A Presidency that left the club in shambles financially, with a depleted squad filled with overpriced bums and amigos on insane wages. We are now trying to improve the situation, and we are improving this season, by winning our first major title in 3 years.

You can't compare the squad we have with elite teams like Bayern, Madrid, who have been run expertly all these years.

serghei

Bayern's net spend per year pretty much never surpasses 60 or 70m and is frequently close to zero. They don't spend that much, they aren't a great example if you want to talk about big financial giants who we can't compete against.

A lot of their players were very cheap too.

They spend a lot of money, they just spend it well.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Why do you think everyone here hates Bartomeu? Because he spent all that money on shit players like Coutinho, Grizmann or overrated players like Dembele who are always injured.

Where you don't make any sense is blaming this on Xavi.

Bayern has been managed way better than Barca under Bartomeu. Laporta and Xavi are trying to improve the situation and get us back to compete, but between our financial problems and La Liga fighting against us, it's gonna take time and money.

That's all there is to it.

It's not rocket science. The main reason for the current problems is the ruinous presidency of Bartomeu. A Presidency that left the club in shambles financially, with a depleted squad filled with overpriced bums and amigos on insane wages. We are now trying to improve the situation, and we are improving this season, by winning our first major title in 3 years.

You can't compare the squad we have with elite teams like Bayern, Madrid, who have been run expertly all these years.

I wasn't blaming it on xavi or laporta in that part of the post, thought it was pretty self-explanatory.

You literally mentioned Bayern having 200m+ worth of defenders (ignoring they were purchased over 4 seasons) and then only mention Kounde in 22/23 being bought in defence to infer we haven't spent as much as they have and are poor and xavi has been somehow hamstrung by not having a 200x super team instead of a 100x super team against most other teams. You keep harping on about amounts spent but that was just highlighting it doesn't mean much and those stats were for lols more than any genuine response to highlight the remarks and defence you want to take to protect xavi.

We genuinely spent more than bayern in the same time frame since xavi and laporta have come in while getting Christensen, balde and Arujo who were basically free and imo (some) are better and may command a higher fee in the market than their Bayern counterparts. Spending isn't a valid excuse to lose and draw to teams who have inferior squads to us eg CL and EL.

The state of the club im well aware of how fucked we are, We are recovering but mistakes have been made in the transfer market with positions not being addressed and targets being mis-profiled. We didnt need torres, we didnt need a high risk transfer for lewy for 45m+ and an insane salary at his age. Kounde is not it for me, Raphina is not a good fit for the style xavi wants to play and is being misused (while still delivering decent results).

You should also know that I've been anti barto and valverde since I've been on this forum because of nuances. Valverdedists use to ignore any context and make the same arguments you make for xavi by justifying the result and ignoring all else.

I'd personally be way more inclined to not be as harsh on xavi if we didnt sell future revenue to splurge on signings for a novice manager who has made some big mistakes in high stakes games. I genuinely dont know how you can watch the games and not think this is basically Atletico Madrid stuff against teams whith 1% of the budget (would just like to make it clear against better teams im not judging being more defensive). Its all the nuance that makes me think xavi is the limiting factor in this team. He's doing an ok job at best and ill leave it at that.

serghei

I wasn't blaming it on xavi or laporta in that part of the post, thought it was pretty self-explanatory.

You literally mentioned Bayern having 200m+ worth of defenders (ignoring they were purchased over 4 seasons) and then only mention Kounde in 22/23 being bought in defence to infer we haven't spent as much as they have and are poor and xavi has been somehow hamstrung by not having a 200x super team instead of a 100x super team against most other teams. You keep harping on about amounts spent but that was just highlighting it doesn't mean much and those stats were for lols more than any genuine response to highlight the remarks and defence you want to take to protect xavi.

We genuinely spent more than bayern in the same time frame since xavi and laporta have come in while getting Christensen, balde and Arujo who were basically free and imo (some) are better and may command a higher fee in the market than their Bayern counterparts. Spending isn't a valid excuse to lose and draw to teams who have inferior squads to us eg CL and EL.

The state of the club im well aware of how fucked we are, We are recovering but mistakes have been made in the transfer market with positions not being addressed and targets being mis-profiled. We didnt need torres, we didnt need a high risk transfer for lewy for 45m+ and an insane salary at his age. Kounde is not it for me, Raphina is not a good fit for the style xavi wants to play and is being misused (while still delivering decent results).

You should also know that I've been anti barto and valverde since I've been on this forum because of nuances. Valverdedists use to ignore any context and make the same arguments you make for xavi by justifying the result and ignoring all else.

I'd personally be way more inclined to not be as harsh on xavi if we didnt sell future revenue to splurge on signings for a novice manage who has made some big mistakes in high stakes games. I genuinely dont know how you can watch the games and not think this is basically Atletico Madrid stuff against teams whith 1% of the budget (would just like to make it clear against better teams im not judging being more defensive). Its all the nuance that makes me think xavi is the limiting factor in this team.

Not many mistakes have been made last summer, or in the winter before that. Only Ferran Torres. This is why we are this close to win a big title in our very first year after only a summer of serious investments since the new board took over.

The team only lost clearly this season against Bayern and Madrid. That's it. Both 0-3 and 0-4 losses happened with multiple players missing, 3 or 4 starters.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Not many mistakes have been made last summer, or in the winter before that. Only Ferran Torres. This is why we are this close to win a big title in our very first year after only a summer of serious investments since the new board took over.

The team only lost clearly this season against Bayern and Madrid. That's it. Both 0-3 and 0-4 losses happened with multiple players missing, 3 or 4 starters.

transfers:
vs most la liga teams agree
vs decent teams in tier 1 & 2 disagree

maybe id change my mind on those transfers if we had a more experienced and tactically astute manager.

but let's agree to Disagree.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Madrid is tier 1 and we've beaten them 3 times this season. So not even here do you have a point.

outside of madrid (we just seem to have their number for the most part) we have lost to tier 2 and tier 3 teams in europe lol
as for those wins, winnig the supercup was nice because it was against them but i dont count it as a real competition.

That Madrid win broke records btw.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Marcos Alonso was not a good signing btw. Him being a free transfer doesn't mean shit. They could have decided to simply not sign him. He's our third best LB and our 4th or 5th best CB.

Got completely exposed in Europe with Xavi's obsession of starting him over Balde and Alba.

If the club lets Xavi handpick his transfers they will end up regretting it a year later leading to a lot of people being fired. Although seems like it's already started with the signing of Inigo Martinez who looks painfully average these days, and in a weak La Liga too. Now imagine in Europe.

iniestaGOAT

Marcos Alonso was not a good signing btw. Him being a free transfer doesn't mean shit. They could have decided to simply not sign him. He's our third best LB and our 4th or 5th best CB.

Got completely exposed in Europe with Xavi's obsession of starting him over Balde and Alba.

If the club lets Xavi handpick his transfers they will end up regretting it a year later leading to a lot of people being fired. Although seems like it's already started with the signing of Inigo Martinez who looks painfully average these days, and in a weak La Liga too. Now imagine in Europe.

It obivously does mean shit cause anybody bought could not be registered einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans