Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Aye you wanted ETH as Barca coach.

No one 'loves' him and he is discussed as is just as often brought up by those that make out Xavi can do no wrong.

Primarily as was the name mentioned when Xavi got the job.

Yea, like him, but the same way I like Xavi. There's potential to become a top class manager. Not there yet, and like Xavi, has things to improve.

He went to United though, so I hope he flops.

JamDav1982

Yea, like him, but the same way I like Xavi. There's potential to become a top class manager. Not there yet, and like Xavi, has things to improve.

Agree on that they are both learning and both in teams that have a long way to go.

Folk need to realise when Xavi makes a fuck up and highlight what he does good and bad.

End up arguing against this idea Xavi can do no wrong when actually backed him on a lot of things also.

ajnotkeith

Xavi's best point so far into his tenure is firmly backing MATS and Dembele when 99 percent of fans would have released them for free at the end of last season.

They then went on to be key players in a league winning season and undoubtedly two of our best players.

Did get rid of Pique and Alba when some wouldn't have but does need to get past his Busi tunnel vision.

JamDav1982

Xavi's best point so far into his tenure is firmly backing MATS and Dembele when 99 percent of fans would have released them for free at the end of last season.

They then went on to be key players in a league winning season and undoubtedly two of our best players.

Did get rid of Pique and Alba when some wouldn't have but does need to get past his Busi tunnel vision.

MATS, Dembele and realising how drastically wrong he and club were on FDJ who is most importanrt player in the team.

serghei

Got rid of Pique too late, should have sensed he is not up for the job in such a key game as vs Inter. Same goes for Garcia. We lost too much because of Pique's and Garcia's errors. Since then Pique was forced to retire, and Garcia rubbed the bench... but it was too late.

Still, him missing 3 CBs all at once can't be just ignored. In an impossible situation he chose a shit one.

Should have trusted Balde sooner, even if he had no experience. Instead of playing Pique - Garcia - Alonso, you move Alonso for Pique and play Balde vs Inter. All of those things he corrected later... but we paid a big price vs Inter.

JamDav1982

Got rid of Pique too late, should have sensed he is not up for the job in such a key game as vs Inter. Same goes for Garcia. We lost too much because of Pique's and Garcia's errors. Since then Pique was forced to retire, and Garcia rubbed the bench... but it was too late.

Still, him missing 3 CBs all at once can't be just ignored. In an impossible situation he chose a shit one.
Busi made huge errors in that game as he did away to Inter and Bayern as chased ball miles out os position and lost it in poor places.

But game after game Xavi played him and thinks of him as best DM going.

Was not an impossible situation at all.

Barca were favs to win that game v Inter even with the injuries.

Against Man Utd his home selection was moronic and took too long to change things.

His team selections v Frankfurt last season were just as bad.

jamrock

He has no weaknesses he's perfect, I don't know who ever said that, but someone at some point in the history of everything will utter those words, so I might as well make it reality.

Imma go buy the lotto next maybe I'll get lucky.

JamDav1982

He has no weaknesses he's perfect, I don't know who ever said that, but someone at some point in the history of everything will utter those words, so I might as well make it reality.

Imma go buy the lotto next maybe I'll get lucky.

Yeah pretty much the way you lads make it out to be.

Porque

The fuck question is that. Who cares?

If you want to play hypotheticals, Ten Hag wouldn't have done better than Xavi at Barcelona this season. That I'm sure of.

When it comes down to it, most managers would have done better than Xavi continental stints. That's the big issue with him right now.

I'm with you that Xavi is the best choice for the nature of what the club is right now. Especially where it seems like Laporta is the one dicking around with the return of Messi and forcing into into the team. Most top managers would walk with that, just as Pep shut the door for him to City because he saw the bigger picture sporting wise.

Shouldn't get renewed before the new year though. Needs to get us out of the group stage for that imo.

JamDav1982

Xavi 100% wants Messi back.

This is not Laporta forcing anything on him.

There is no reason at all to renew him now. Moronic decision just to give some idea of stability and positive news for some.

All politics before actual sane decisions.

Porque

I'm not so sure. But it's my opinion so could be wrong.

I think it's more of the board decision, part to save face and part for the financial benefits while the manager has to go along with it.

Laporta has shown this tendency before, back in 2007 when he got Henry and Rijkaard had to fit in Ronaldinho, Etoo, Messi and Henry and basically had to try and make it work.

JamDav1982

I'm not so sure. But it's my opinion so could be wrong.

I think it's more of the board decision, part to save face and part for the financial benefits while the manager has to go along with it.

Laporta has shown this tendency before, back in 2007 when he got Henry and Rijkaard had to fit in Ronaldinho, Etoo, Messi and Henry and basically had to try and make it work.

Rijkaard wanted Henry in 2007 and Barca thought he could play CF.

Etoo had fallen out with Rijkaard and club were being said to being open to sell him.

Not quite the same.

iniestaGOAT

Ten Haag has embarrassed himself ebot this season. And has proven to be clueless in lots of occasions.

This muppet is not what we need

BJJ

Ten Hag is a great manager, not sure what's funny. There is more challenge for top 4 in the PL than for the La Liga title, shows how 'incredible' this league win is.

Put Ten Hag in charge of Barca and we win the league, put Xavi in charge of United and they would be Chelsea levels of bad.

I know you will post about United spending big, can spend more than Barca yada yada but when you spend that money on duds like Antony and Maguire, it's clear Xavi has superior players despite money spent.

The next excuse is "Well we are rebuilding, can't expect to do well in the CL" then why on earth did we waste 50mil on a 34 yr old Lewa if not for instant success? I do wonder how you'll react when Xavi re-signs old man Messi.. I remember you, myself and a few others took a lot of stick for calling out Messi and his half arsed walking around club de amigo antics.
Exactly. Xavi is lucky in the sense that la liga is shit. Only Madrid left in CL and I have no idea about EL. In the 30 plus years I've been watching la liga I've never seen such low quality teams.

BJJ

Ten Haag has embarrassed himself ebot this season. And has proven to be clueless in lots of occasions.

This muppet is not what we need
How has he embarrassed himself? Won a trophy, 4th in a highly competitive league, still in EL and also FA CUP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans