Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnotkeith

OK, I confused the years. Point taken.

I already told you. If you avoid bad luck you can get to a QF in CL.

Nobody is gonna praise Xavi to heavens if we get a piss easy group, win it, and then get some Brugges team in Last 16 just because we hit a CL QF. Relax.
I'm definitely not saying he deserves praise for that, I'm saying it's likely to happen, especially as a Pot1.
If we draw City in the 16 and we go out acquitting ourselves decently nobody is going to get at him too much. The issue is we've been knocked out by these teams such as Frankfurt, United, Inter under him that we should be beating.
Usually in the quarters and round of 16 you face much worse teams that you can beat easily though.

serghei

I'm definitely not saying he deserves praise for that, I'm saying it's likely to happen, especially as a Pot1.
If we draw City in the 16 and we go out acquitting ourselves decently nobody is going to get at him too much. The issue is we've been knocked out by these teams such as Frankfurt, United, Inter under him that we should be beating.

Nah, we got a terible CL group last season. 3rd seed made the final FFS. How can you have a seeding system so fucked up is anyone's guess.

The year before the team was shit and the fans sold out their tickets to Frankfurt fans, so the germans played two home games instead of one.

serghei

Let's see the draw first. The draw in the current format makes a huge difference. Some groups are stacked, others can be easy to get 1st spot in.

Madrid can get Feyenoord from Pot 1 and Shakhtar from Pot 3 :lol:. And we can get Arsenal from Pot 2, and Milan from Pot 3.

It's likely Newcastle is gonna be Pot 4. They are two times stronger than most Pot 2 teams.

ajnotkeith

Let's see the draw first. The draw in the current format makes a huge difference. Some groups are stacked, others can be easy to get 1st spot in.
Agree, but even if we draw the worst group possible (that is, Arsenal, Milan, Newcastle) I would still expect us to qualify over Milan and Newcastle.

However, the odds of that are highly unlikely, usually as a Pot 1 team you get at least a decent group. Would be shocked if we drew the hardest group again 2 years in a row.

JamDav1982

You're extremely optimistc.

Whats your latest?

Newcastle and Milan have better squads than Barca? Arsenal also..

Usual.

Usually mouthing off about 'CL experience' etc... Barca have more of that than all of those.

That another 'rule' that gets applied when fit I suppose..

serghei

They have this little thing called money that allows you to buy the best players every summer.

But, seriously, from Pot 2, only Arsenal are better than us, and United are very close to us, probably 50-50 that one. If we avoid these two teams, we should win the group.

Newcastle can beat anyone one their day obviously, especially at home.

JamDav1982

They have this little thing called money that allows you to buy the best players every summer.

But, seriously, from Pot 2, only Arsenal are better than us, and United are very close to us, probably 50-50 that one.

Newcastle can beat anyone one their day obviously.

Who is buying 'the best players'?

Dont talk nonsense.

Barca have better players.

Rice better than Gundo? Who from Arsenal other than that been bought that gets in Barcas team?

JamDav1982

Then, as said, it's easy. We should just chill. 1st place guaranteed no matter the draw. We'll smash everyone.

Nah in terms of squad Barca have the best.

Barca had better squad than Frankfurt, Man Utd and Inter also....

What 'best players' have those teams bought?

serghei

Nah in terms of squad Barca have the best.

Barca had better squad than Frankfurt, Man Utd and Inter also....

What 'best players' have those teams bought?

If Barca have the best squad, and a manager that outsmarted Ancelotti last season, 3 time CL winner, then it's easy peasy.

Just relax and see us smashing these fools in CL.

Unless you talk shit as usual.

JamDav1982

If Barca have the best squad, and a manager that outsmarted Ancelotti last season, 3 time CL winner, then it's easy peasy.

Just relax and see us smashing these fools in CL.

Unless you talk shit as usual.

You are the one constantly talking shit and proven on it.

Xavi failed in Europe last year.

Has squad to beat those teams mentioned.

Who are the 'best players' these teams have bought?

You claiming Havertz is top class again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans