Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

iniestaGOAT

Iniestagoat is either a stupid troll or a complete idiot.

I am neither you buffoon.

TEN HAAG is about to go out from UCL in a fooking easier group than XAVI had last season playing DREADFUL football.

Keep the same energy.

I am just here to hold all the buffoons accoutable.

In short.. I am your DADDY.

delancey

I don’t adhere to this idea that a separation of duties is absolutely essential for team success. You mean to tell me that Tottenham’s manager can make a team click and play well (with great results), but cannot identify players who fit into his style of play? Yet Conte struggled with the very same players, as I believe Fergus pointed out the other day.

It’s hardly a coincidence that essentially every single player that Manchester City recruits fits better than a glove on OJs hand. Contrast this with Manchester United, who buy some of the greatest players, proven on the big stage, yet cannot perform?

Simply put, some managers have it; others do not. They can identify great talent, and integrate them into their great system seamlessly. Pep brought Busi and Pedro to the A-team, when 99% of other managers would have kept the big names in our squad. But if a system is strong, even lesser talents will perform. Of this I am convinced. Man U’s last PL title is an example of this (one of many). Ferguson won his last EPL title with a VERY average squad. Either you have it, or you don’t.

Now where I think having a Recruitment Director becomes more important is finding great deals, ex Pedri or Araujo. And ensuring that these players are a good mental fit for the team (attitude, lifestyle, etc). Manchester U. recruit and/or promote players who rebel against the Manager, and/or beat their spouses, etc. And this is also on ETH, as he seems to be someone who commands respect without consideration for how he makes his own players feel. Sancho, Ronaldo… so far.

To reiterate, if a Manager has a strong system, with a great style of play, intensity, attacking patterns, strong man-management, etc, I see no reason why he cannot be involved in recruitment (in tandem with a SD who weeds out bad attitude, unhealthy lifestyle, poor mental health and illegal activity).

Having a SD who finds great deals is essential for teams with a lower budget.

Beyond all of this… hey, it’s a Manager’s job to do the best with what he’s got.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans