Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Name me teams in 2019 clearly better than Barca that season. remember the season existed before Annfield. Liverpool, (arguably their beat iteration of modern times) got smashed 3-0, as everyone else we encountered.
in terms of liverpool they had a lot of chances to score, 3-0 looked better than it was...

man city was also better, tottenham was better, im sure even ajax would have dominated this crap midfield

it was miracle to win ll and reaching semi final, thanks to EV!

JamDav1982

I told you. Arsenal, one of the best sides last season was not in the competition. Not much else in the competition for Madrid to face in terms of top teams except for City.

And maybe Bayern. But then Bayern were a mess last season and should have even lost Bundesliga title to Dortmund. Not so sure they count as a top team, considering that in the season before they were knocked out by Villareal.

Arsenal fought for title and yes they were better than Chelsea and Liverpool... as were Man Utd.

Last season you claimed Milan et were one of top sides in Europe based on that season.

You claim Arsenal...based on that season.

When comes to Real... you make out Chelsea and Liverpool were top sides based on previous season.

Neither were in top four in EPL and were not top sides.

First top side Real met they bottled it.

Bayern were better than Real last season also.

serghei

in terms of liverpool they had a lot of chances to score, 3-0 looked better than it was...

man city was also better, tottenham was better, im sure even ajax would have dominated this crap midfield

:lol:

City were in their shit CL days. Lost to fecking Lyon the season after. They were not the City of today, more like meme material in defense still.

serghei

Arsenal fought for title and yes they were better than Chelsea and Liverpool... as were Man Utd.

Last season you claimed Milan et were one of top sides in Europe based on that season.

You claim Arsenal...based on that season.

When comes to Real... you make out Chelsea and Liverpool were top sides based on previous season.

Neither were in top four in EPL and were not top sides.

First top side Real met they bottled it.

Man United lost 8-0 vs Liverpool :lol:. Come on... stop trolling.

You still don't understand the logic of CL. You can only face teams that play in the competition. City, Liverpool and Chelsea were the best sides EPL had to offer for CL that season.

EPL is the best league in Europe, then La Liga. So, other than City, Madrid played some of the strongest sides. It's their own fault that they played like shit in those games and got humiliated.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

:lol:

City were in their shit CL days. Lost to fecking Lyon the season after. They were not the City of today.

That were typical city braindead moments in cl knockout stage, i remember that match very well, city had way more chances, sterling missed an open goal and lyon scored 2-1 because of GK mistake... but in terms of strenght City was terrific

JohnN

I remember us smacking Tottenham at England and then playing second team for a draw at home. same team that won ajax and were pretty equal.
so you mentioned two teams who we clearly could outscore ( we did actually) and then Liverpool and City. that leaves us at top 3, just as I said.

JamDav1982

This lil golem should be whipped for saying EV was the reason for our 18/19 and not Messi.

Both were.. it is coaches job to make sure having Messi matters.

Something only EV did in Messis last 5 seasons and something only lately have Argentina done.

Messi loved him.. in large part I would guess to how much EV realised he had to pander to amigos to have any chance to win and no one at club wanted a revolution away from that.

Really I think EV squeezed the last life out that squad and was limited to how much could change.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I remember us smacking Tottenham at England and then playing second team for a draw at home. same team that won ajax and were pretty equal.
so you mentioned two teams who we clearly could outscore ( we did actually) and then Liverpool and City. that leaves us at top 3, just as I said.

tottenham peaked in second half of the season and has beaten city in cl...

for example if xavi would have coached in 2019 do you really think Barca would have got into semi final? on paper we would easily beat frankfurt but in reality they won so getting into the semi final of cl with this midfield was a miracle

Givenchy

Gonna give him a lot of credit for today, team played well vs tough opposition and there was actually some patterns in our play, if Lewa wasn't in tractor mode this would of been a comfortable win.

mc_lovin

Good stuff. Next one is Girona, Xavi and the team would have done incredibly well if we win that as well.

Team Xavi (Me, IniestaGOAT? and Serghei :lol:) to have a good Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans