Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregorrin10

Lewandowski, Marcos Alonso, Romeu, Ferran Torres, Raphinha all players who were requested by Xavi and we bought in the end because of him. Shambles. Keep this man far away from sporting decisions.
Agree, but keep Ferran's name out of this list. He doesn't deserve to be mentioned beside them. Not this season at least.

khaled_a_d

It's going to be one of those situations where he will never get a big job in Europe again and then ends up somewhere like Kuwait national team manager.

Nah, you are underestimating the lack of standards in coaching in Europe man. He is still a Liga winning coach and he will get another chance or two in Europe.
If even Setien could get Villarreal while he is in his 60's, then so should Xavi. Teams like Villarreal, Betis etc can talk themselves into hiring him. Maybe even a desperate EPL team.
And tbh, I think Xavi will prefer being a pundit on being rather than taking middle eastern coaching job after Barca, though you never know.

When was the last time we heard some meaningful comments from Xavi about the tactical side of the game?

All we seem to hear from him these days is some platitudes about intensity or mentality or wanting it more like a broken record every press conference.

Its genuinely like he sees no problem at all with his own approaches and thinks it must all be the players or not having enough money or the referees or some other excuse.

tbh, media itself isn't very interested in those tactical questions and managers don't like going there either. This one isn't a Xavi issue tbh.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
If you take Real Madrid, Bayern or Man City squad and Xavi managed either of them the same way he’s managing Barca they would be a shadow of what they are. His inexperience is finally showing as other teams managers are seeing the major flaws on how we play. Hence why even most games we win we only winning by a goal with pure luck. I miss Gavi massively but he basically covered up how inexperienced Xavi is. If we didn’t have a Gavi in the first place no doubt Xavi would be long gone.

Andresito

Staff member
Not sure if this has been posted:

Xavi has lost 43% of his champions league ties, the most of any Barcelona coach

Xavi has become the Spanish coach with the most defeats in Barcelona's #UCL history:
- Xavi: 6 defeats in 14 games (43%)
- Luis Enrique: 6 defeats in 33 (18%)
- Pep Guardiola: 6 defeats in 52 games (12%) (via @LaLigaenDirecto)

delancey

Nah, you are underestimating the lack of standards in coaching in Europe man. He is still a Liga winning coach and he will get another chance or two in Europe.
If even Setien could get Villarreal while he is in his 60's, then so should Xavi. Teams like Villarreal, Betis etc can talk themselves into hiring him. Maybe even a desperate EPL team.
And tbh, I think Xavi will prefer being a pundit on being rather than taking middle eastern coaching job after Barca, though you never know.

tbh, media itself isn't very interested in those tactical questions and managers don't like going there either. This one isn't a Xavi issue tbh.
I don’t think Xavi will get a chance at one of the big guns in Europe. Not without proving himself first. His appointment at Barca had everything to do with nepotism. Correct me if I’m wrong, but our entire management team is inexperienced, undeserving of their respective positions at our beautiful club. Who are these dudes in charge?

Brothers, cousins, and friends? :lol:

While I could see another La Liga team hiring him on, that’s about it. He would fail so miserably in the EPL. He is our very own Lampard or OGS.

He should have done a year or two under Pep as an assistant. Worked his way up. Earned his chance with a solid foundation. It’s hardly coincidental that managers under Pep who have broken do well. Nagelsmann, Arteta.

delancey

[Fabrizio Romano] Lazio manager Maurizio Sarri: "I'd like to face Barcelona at UCL round of 16, honestly". "It'd be my pick as I've never faced Barça as a coach and it'd be wonderful experience", told Sky Sport.

Loki

Not sure if this has been posted:

Xavi has lost 43% of his champions league ties, the most of any Barcelona coach

Xavi has become the Spanish coach with the most defeats in Barcelona's #UCL history:
- Xavi: 6 defeats in 14 games (43%)
- Luis Enrique: 6 defeats in 33 (18%)
- Pep Guardiola: 6 defeats in 52 games (12%) (via @LaLigaenDirecto)
As of right now, it'll be 8 defeats in 16 games in February, no matter who we draw in the Ro16.

JohnN

we used to win games like this playing only the b team at a time no serious talent existed in our academy. you could see the same patterns of play, attitude and philosophy no matter what players we fielded, even though the level was lower.
Now there is nothing.
losing against this level of opposition is shameful.
can't wait for xavi to go. we are wasting time with him.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

"Yes, I'm worried," Xavi confirmed at full time. "It is normal."

"The team isn't feeling comfortable. We have had a bad streak of negative results. We have to be critical. The opposition is generating a lot [of chances against] us and it is costing us too much. The positive point is that we are in the round of 16," he added.

Probed on his dismal away record in the Champions League which has seen his side victorious in just two out of seven road trips, Xavi said that the competition is "hard for everybody".

"We're coming off a difficult few years for the club, but now we're in the round of 16, which was one of the goals we set at the start of the season.

khaled_a_d

I don’t think Xavi will get a chance at one of the big guns in Europe. Not without proving himself first. His appointment at Barca had everything to do with nepotism. Correct me if I’m wrong, but our entire management team is inexperienced, undeserving of their respective positions at our beautiful club. Who are these dudes in charge?

Brothers, cousins, and friends? :lol:

While I could see another La Liga team hiring him on, that’s about it. He would fail so miserably in the EPL. He is our very own Lampard or OGS.

He should have done a year or two under Pep as an assistant. Worked his way up. Earned his chance with a solid foundation. It’s hardly coincidental that managers under Pep who have broken do well. Nagelsmann, Arteta.

I would agree with top gigs, at best it will be as a caretaker.
tbh, Xavi brought some good things here, and he isn't a terrible coach if we are being entirely honest. But he is simply a short term manager rather than a long term or even middle term coach. The drop off this season from last one is telling tbh.
Sad thing to say, but Xavi actually misses the presence of Busquets in the midfield which in itself a red flag.

Rory

I mean not exactly lose, but we don't win it. What did you think, that group stage wins don't bring money?
When the games are as easy as shakhtar and Antwerp I consider it losing money to not win it. I knew you get money for advancing from the group stage. Didn’t think you get additional money for each win/draw in the group

ajnotkeith

He isn't in the joke category of managers (yet). His time here, if he gets sacked soon, can be classed as fairly successful given he won a LaLiga title.

I could see him going to Man United.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans