Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

For me, if you take the fan emotion out of it and stop daydreaming, the club is doing pretty well under the circumstances. The panic is exaggerated and driven by emotions, not reason.

Got 2 titles last season, now 1st place in the group in CL. Move on and roll with it.

Birdy

I didn't watch another tactical masterclass by the Catalan Frankie Lampard

BUT, he still managed to irritate me, as he started Lewa and subbed in Pedri Gundogan Cancelo etc

Is he an utter idiot?
Either you go with the kids and write the game off as you have sealed whatever you want from the group,
OR you play a proper team

This was just idiocy

Rory

I had no idea we lose money by losing games in the group, apparently 5.6m in total because of these two losses. I think a swift exit in the round of 16 and the board pulls the plug. We've had Atletico, Real, Bilbao, Sevilla and Girona all at home and we're still 7 points off top. Second half of the season looks bleak.

Birdy

For me, if you take the fan emotion out of it and stop daydreaming, the club is doing pretty well under the circumstances. The panic is exaggerated and driven by emotions, not reason.

Got 2 titles last season, now 1st place in the group in CL. Move on and roll with it.

Stop BSing and irritating everyone here with such crap.

We won only 1 important title since Xavi took over, LL last season, and that was mainly for two reasons:
1) LL level is trash. We face meager competition from only 1.5 teams (Madrid and occasionally Atleti).
No other team can win the title. If Madrid is not well, it's a free run for whoever is the coach

2) an unbelieable luck, summed up well in the streak of lucky 1-0s that got us the title

Nothing because of progress on the pitch, in tactics, in development of the squad.
It's actually regression on all fronts since March '22.
Now it's becoming a free fall

AND ALL THAT DESPITE THE LEVELS and the TRANSFERS Xavi personally HANDPICKEd

JamDav1982

The form of Garcia and Romeu this season is just one of the many factors that embarrass Barca/Xavi and level of coaching these players are getting.

ajnotkeith

Joan Fontes : There is a group of players who have grown tired of Xavi targeting them in press conferences. Ter Stegen, Lewandowski, De Jong, Ilkay Gundogan, Raphinha and Ferran are the most tired of Xavi Hernández's management and his lack of self-criticism. Laporta's interference has further undermined Xavi's success

JamDav1982

Joan Fontes : There is a group of players who have grown tired of Xavi targeting them in press conferences. Ter Stegen, Lewandowski, De Jong, Ilkay Gundogan, Raphinha and Ferran are the most tired of Xavi Hernández's management and his lack of self-criticism. Laporta's interference has further undermined Xavi's success

Can quite believe it.

Xavi and his team always blame something or someone else and never address what has led to the losses.

Those lot are winners and experienced far better coaching than currently being offered up at Barca.

It is a festering situation as some of those players need to look at themselves also...but that is another signal of a dressing room not in right shape.

Likes of FDJ etc should really not be renewing for good of his career.

fergus90

Gundogan basically let slip the standards of the club after just spending several years at a club who basically have been managed better than Barca in every department for the last decade.

Only surprise was it only took him like two months to be compelled to say something.

serghei

Ah, the City comparisons... what can we do about those. Other than sell the club to some sheik...

I bet Pep would come back too in that case.

JamDav1982

imagine being Gundogan and going from Pep to a coach who thinks Romeu is good enough and keeps making excuses and giving him chances...

Xavi comes across as having little charisma or self reflection.. always an excuse and it feels like more and more at club are getting close to having had enough of it.

Players speaking up, players throwing arms up at one another and bench constantly, Deco contradictiing Xavi, Laporta over ruling him,

ajnotkeith

Among the things he said tonight: "I think we are much better mentally than last year."

You have to wonder if he is trolling or not
Its just still missing the point really and he continues to do that in his declarations.
He addresses intensity or mentality or 'individual errors' but never actually talks football, never talks about tactics or admits he proposed a bad approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans