Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porque

Has he lost the dressing room yet?

So far, only this guy.

giphy.gif

fergus90

Napoli are pretty shit this season. Napoli of last year would brush past the current Barca side but right now Barca should definitely win.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Football has left Barcelona by. It's evolved, we haven't. We are the Jose Mourinho of football. We expect what once worked 15 years ago to work now.

Perhaps the thing that highlights our idiocy the most is the fact that we insist on playing 4 3 3. Every other club on the planet asks managers to come in and play THEIR system. Here, managers come in and have to adapt and play the ' Barcelona way'.

Every other club on the planet plays a formation which most complements their squad. Here you have to play 4 fucking 3 3 even though it's clear as day that our squad is far more suited to a 3-5-2 formation.

There are so many Barcelonaisms holding the club back from being successful rather then helping it, that it is no surprise that the only period of European domination the club experienced, it had to have the best team of all time, best manager of all time and best player of all time.

If that's what it takes to be dominant, it's little surprise that the club is so often a plethora of mediocrity.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Xavi: 'If I hadn't won the la liga last season, I wouldn't still be here. I'll never be a problem for Barça. The moment I'm told that I'm a problem, I'm already gone.'

Xavi about criticism: 'I do not give an opinion on opinions. All opinions are respectable. We are closer to victory than defeat and are halfway there. I know where I am and I understand the criticism. I'm the first to be disappointed when a final is lost - especially against Madrid. But I don't see any disillusionment among the fans. We are much closer to success than failure. That is my reality.

serghei

Don't worry, Xavi is not some carboard legend, nor some bitter type imo. He is gonna leave on his own if he feels the team cannot improve past this moment.

The only thing to be decided imo is to analyze if the team is in a recoverable phase of bad form, or this is the end of Xavi's cycle. Both are possible at this point.

The performances vs the smaller sides are gonna be key. I consider Napoli a slightly inferior side too, so the team should advance in CL quarters. And go far in Copa. Doubt top 4 in Spain is in danger.

serghei

Napoli are pretty shit this season. Napoli of last year would brush past the current Barca side but right now Barca should definitely win.

Cup competitions are differrent to league formats. Napoli got badly beaten by Milan in CL last season.

JamDav1982

Xavi: 'If I hadn't won the la liga last season, I wouldn't still be here. I'll never be a problem for Barça. The moment I'm told that I'm a problem, I'm already gone.'

Xavi about criticism: 'I do not give an opinion on opinions. All opinions are respectable. We are closer to victory than defeat and are halfway there. I know where I am and I understand the criticism. I'm the first to be disappointed when a final is lost - especially against Madrid. But I don't see any disillusionment among the fans. We are much closer to success than failure. That is my reality.
The fans have been whistling a fair bit in games this season..and this is from those that bother to turn up to watch his teams huff an puff.

Lose to Betis and top four could start being at risk very quickly.

Bilbao are in good form and dont have European games to worry about and so far been looked the best coached side along with Girona.. Williams brothers need to stay fit for them and miss a CF though.

serghei

Fans hit the streets in celebrations 6 months ago, and now they are unhappy and pissed off. Quite normal, such is the job of the manager, and the life of a club that still considers itself to be top of the line. Managers know it's not supposed to be cozy.

JamDav1982

Fans hit the streets in celebrations 6 months ago, and now they are unhappy and pissed off. Quite normal, such is the job of the manager, and the life of a club that still considers itself to be top of the line. Managers know it's not supposed to be cozy.

Yes but the point is he is making out fans are not unhappy when that clearly has not been the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans