Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
As for Xavi's coaching staff then Pep also had an inexperienced coaching staff, HOWEVER, Pep was more prepared as he had even traveled to obscure places in South America to learn about coaching, and he's an exception.

Although even Pep recently have leaned on the experience of Juanma Lillo on his coaching staff to keep him honest. Lillo wasn't a great manager himself, but by all accounts is a great assistant with loads of experience.

Porque

I got nothing against a young in experienced team if they are full of new ideas, educated, highly motivated and hardworking

Issue here is that this teams testing ground was in Qatar, and it wasn't even a case of them practicing their football innovations over there. It was a case of them just having better fundamentals than the local league and coasting on good salaries.

Nothing against that obviously, but not deserving of a top tier job back in Europe and very entitled/egotistical to expect so.

Compare that to Xavi Alonso route and it is night and day.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lack of experience in Europe is really the big issue for Xavi himself and his staff.

Alonso's coaching staff is young too, but some of those guys there have been around for 5-10+ years at mid-table teams in Europe at least so has some sense of how football have developed here.
And well I guess Alonso hasn't really hired his own brother or some family member either. Interestingly he brought over or retained Alberto Encinas though, was Pimienta's assistant at Barca B.

delancey

How is Xavi related to and/or acquainted with the rest of the coaching staff? Seems odd that he’d hire on match and opponent analysts from St Andrew U-19. Bet they’re cousins or some shit! 🫠 :lol:

xXKonan

it's been coming for awhile now.

And it's up to Xavi to put in the effort to right the ship and instead of just kicking the can down the road.

JamDav1982

If they lose away to Betis I think that will be curtains for him.

They would most likely be out of the top four and heading towards a run of must win games...

(H) Villareal
(H) Osasuna
(A) Alaves
(H) Granada
(A) Celta

Need at least 4 wins there or top 4 is in doubt because the CL games come along and then start playing the other top teams and have all four of current top 5 away

fergus90

I got nothing against a young in experienced team if they are full of new ideas, educated, highly motivated and hardworking

Issue here is that this teams testing ground was in Qatar, and it wasn't even a case of them practicing their football innovations over there. It was a case of them just having better fundamentals than the local league and coasting on good salaries.

Nothing against that obviously, but not deserving of a top tier job back in Europe and very entitled/egotistical to expect so.

Compare that to Xavi Alonso route and it is night and day.
100%. Basically every manager either coached the youth categories at the same club, has been an assistant manager or coached elsewhere in Europe before landing a 'big' club. You can play under as many top managers as you like as a player that doesn't necessarily translate to you being able to able to replicate it on the bench.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

I'd take Big Ange. Shown enough that he would come in and implement his style of play and system. Football would be great to watch as well. Showed naivety Vs Chelsea, but every manager bar Pep has his faults.

Things in football can turn around very quickly. Tottenham are night and day from where they were as little as 6 months ago.

Not advocating for him but Peter Bosz is having one of the best seasons in European history at PSV right now. 17 games, 17 wins. +52 GD. Insane stuff.

Porque

100%. Basically every manager either coached the youth categories at the same club, has been an assistant manager or coached elsewhere in Europe before landing a 'big' club. You can play under as many top managers as you like as a player that doesn't necessarily translate to you being able to able to replicate it on the bench.

In his defence he won the league and has shown moments of setting up great.

So these 2.5 years of sink or swim is enough rocketfuel in experience to fill in the gaps of a learning job so to speak.

What's clearly to me, not helping right now is adding foreign veteran players who have played under elite managers like Gundagon, Lewy, and Cancelo. I imagine this is where the clique of thoughts questioning Xavi ability is coming from.

You can get some young players or those with something to prove and perhaps the squad harmony and trust in Xavi would have been maintained.

Perhaps we would be having a better season too.

Temptation

In his defence he won the league and has shown moments of setting up great.

So these 2.5 years of sink or swim is enough rocketfuel in experience to fill in the gaps of a learning job so to speak.

What's clearly to me, not helping right now is adding foreign veteran players who have played under elite managers like Gundagon, Lewy, and Cancelo. I imagine this is where the clique of thoughts questioning Xavi ability is coming from.

You can get some young players or those with something to prove and perhaps the squad harmony and trust in Xavi would have been maintained.

Perhaps we would be having a better season too.
I said it at the time. I knew there would be problems in the dressing room the moment Xavi subbed off Lewandowski against his wishes. He has a huge ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans