Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barca job is a meat grinder for managers. Expectations are huge, a string of bad results and you are thrown in the fire. Pep lost all of his hair at Barca, Lucho went gray, Valverde looks okay, Koeman probably gained more weight managing and Xavi looks insomniac these days with the baggy eyes.

The other place where you'd face such scrutiny is probably Man Utd. Huge fanbase that demands former glory of SAF after a trophyless decade.

It's not necessarily just because of the expectations and pressure.

The politics, croynism in the club and other issues definitely plays a big role too.

Windhook

It's not necessarily just because of the expectations and pressure.

The politics, croynism in the club and other issues definitely plays a big role too.
Yeah, for sure. Politics play huge part in that. Sometimes even private matters like Lucho, who lost his daughter due to cancer.

Horatio

You're welcome
Barca job is a meat grinder for managers. Expectations are huge, a string of bad results and you are thrown in the fire. Pep lost all of his hair at Barca, Lucho went gray, Valverde looks okay, Koeman probably gained more weight managing and Xavi looks insomniac these days with the baggy eyes.

The other place where you'd face such scrutiny is probably Man Utd. Huge fanbase that demands former glory of SAF after a trophyless decade.
I hear ya, but i Feel premier league job is not any easier. Plus klopp has no burden to prove himself, will be considered best coach in years and fans will be grateful to have him regardless, and will likely be given plenty of time. Wife will fall in love with city. If he “fails” people will blame barca.

Windhook

I hear ya, but i Feel premier league job is not any easier. Plus klopp has no burden to prove himself, will be considered best coach in years and likely will be given time.
Liverpool in pre-Klopp era were a sleeping giant. When you have buying power to fill the missing links in the squad make it easier.

Also Liverpool don't have the historical pressure to win 10 league titles or more to catch up with their struggling rival Man Utd.

Barca is much more complex and stressful. You'd always have Real Madrid rivalry, because historically the club is a dozen of titles behind in glory. Real M domination is a hard pill to swallow, pulling away with more and more domestic and international trophies. Barca being labelled circa 2010 "the greatest team of all times" didn't help either. It just added more fuel to the tank of other teams. Probably the reason Thomas Muller enjoys winning over Barca more than CL trophy.:lol:

Politics have always been involved in those, like the recent Negreira case. Normal as FC Barcelona is one the symbols of Catalonian pride, but you and I as foreign fans don't truly understand.

Devils

Barca job isn't as stressfull these days as most fans and media have accepted that this Barca wont compete for a the CL and no longer hold dominance over la liga.

Xavi is coming up on 3 years here and he's a bottom of the barrel manager.

khaled_a_d

Klopp had to compete with Pep for 8 years while the later had unlimited resources, had to face RM who owned him for half of his CL career there, had a board who didn't support him enough with the signings, had a fanbase who are more passionate than Camp Nou and Socios ever was.
Spare me the "Pressure of Barca Job" commenst ffs.
The pressure happened when a guy like Pep was obsessed about his job and put the pressure on himself, after that the club became obsessed with the "Pep way" and we have Messi, so we must win everything assumptions.
Now, we are the laughing stock of Europe for over half decade, would have been over a decade if it wasn't for 2015, and a club that is in the news because of the struggles more than the wins.

Fans are defending Xavi after 3rd consecutive classico loss, 10-2 collectively, and media moved on fromit quickly.
We are desperate folks, gone are the days when Barca were the spoiled club.

Klopp won't have a pressure here more than Liverpool, if anything the club will be at pressure to give him support.

RM job is probably the more "under pressure " one atm, they are more demanding than us

Windhook

RM job is probably the more "under pressure " one atm, they are more demanding than us
Florentino didn't sack Ancelotti last season for the trophyless season. They were confident in strenghtening the squad and they did. They had the buying power and aware of the missing ingredient.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

I swear some of the Barca fans here are shaking at the thought of Klopp managing Barca. Making any old excuse as to why he won't join.

Lot of them pining for him to join Madrid as well. Subconsciously hoping Barca will stay in the shitter so that they can continue moaning 24/7 up in here. A successful Barca is their worst nightmare.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We've been outplayed by mediocre teams this season, and that's not because Xavi has had to play a couple of kids.

It's because Xavi is a mediocre manager. The amount of excuses made for Xavi....unbelievable.

Fwiw as some of you are dumb, Athletic not a mediocre team and Ernie not a mediocre manager, although he certainly made us look more like Granada than Barcelona.

BJJ

,, Laporta has denied all rumors surrounding Klopp as he believes Xavi is better and better suited for the Barcelona coach job " [sport]
If this is true, Laporta should be exiled to Madrid. Unbelievable.
I don't think Klopp will come here due to multiple issues. He's tired and wants a break. Barca club politics, club atmosphere, finances and current squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans