Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porque

Never counted Klopp in the options to succeed Xavi because didn't expect him to step down.

What a huge opportunity if both parties could work out a deal.

Andresito

Staff member
Jürgen Klopp has always been a dream of President Laporta. @sport
Thiago Motta is a serious candidate to replace Xavi in the summer. He's very much to the liking of president Laporta. @carrusel

Loki

Jürgen Klopp has always been a dream of President Laporta. @sport
Sport journalist after reading Klopp resigns in summer: "I have the ultimate idea for a story, I'm a genious"

3ewk9y.jpg

Devils

No chance Laporta pulls Klopp.

Thiago Motta is probably the next in line. New coach who seems to be doing decent and understands the Barca style (whatever the hell that is nowadays).

I can see Laporta pulling the same bullshit he did with Haaland and Messi's renewal for Klopp. Lead the fans on to believe it can happen and then say "we tried but it wasn't feasible" after he fails.

Birdy

Thiago Motta is a serious candidate to replace Xavi in the summer. He's very much to the liking of president Laporta. @carrusel

WTF does Laporta have inside his head?
Someone should tell him that picking a coach is not a roulette or poker game.
You don't take blind shots until you get it right FFS!
What on earth did Barca supporters vote for in 2021?

PS: don't get me wrong.
I value Motta a lot, and he has already shown in Seria A much more than Xavi ever had at Qatar.
But Barca is a club that should always aim for the best professional in every department, and have a solid SD department to make those calls. Not a megalomaniac presi pulling blind shots following his personal obsessions, with no plan whatsoever

Temptation

No chance Laporta pulls Klopp.

Thiago Motta is probably the next in line. New coach who seems to be doing decent and understands the Barca style (whatever the hell that is nowadays).

I can see Laporta pulling the same bullshit he did with Haaland and Messi's renewal for Klopp. Lead the fans on to believe it can happen and then say "we tried but it wasn't feasible" after he fails.
There will be some kind of legendary story of Laporta and Klopp just like Ed Woodward's "Adult Disneyland" proposal to Klopp. :lol:

@Porque come up with some phrase Laporta will use to attract Klopp to the Barca job.

Porque

WTF does Laporta have inside his head?
Someone should tell him that picking a coach is not a roulette or poker game.
You don't take blind shots until you get it right FFS!
What on earth did Barca supporters vote for in 2021?

PS: don't get me wrong.
I value Motta a lot, and he has already shown in Seria A much more than Xavi ever had at Qatar.
But Barca is a club that should always aim for the best professional in every department, and have a solid SD department to make those calls. Not a megalomaniac presi pulling blind shots following his personal obsessions, with no plan whatsoever

As you say, Motta (and Cesc) would be definite options to assess for 2025 if a candidate such as Klopp (or Pep for that matter) didn't suddenly become available.

The whole issue with the Flick, Nagelsmann, Tuchel interest before was that their was financial issues to sack Koeman, buyout these under contract managers and also pay them.

Klopp on a free gives no such issues, so the notion that we couldn't afford him doesn't fly.

Oh. and... Xavi for one more year!?

Last edited:

Windhook

Barca job is a meat grinder for managers. Expectations are huge, a string of bad results and you are thrown in the fire. Pep lost all of his hair at Barca, Lucho went gray, Valverde looks okay, Koeman probably gained more weight managing and Xavi looks insomniac these days with the baggy eyes.

The other place where you'd face such scrutiny is probably Man Utd. Huge fanbase that demands former glory of SAF after a trophyless decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans