Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Substitutions should of been made at the 60 minute mark as it was clear that a few players were out of energy. The Press wasn't as quick ands players weren't making recovery runs as much. Christensen should never play in the middle, i keep saying this buts its much easier for a DM to become a cb than a cb become a DM.

Not sure who we can get for DM since we probably cant afford a zubimendi.

Having said all that Napoli are a very poor side this year and losing to them is unforgivable. (we better not lose this tie)

Porque

In isolation a 1-1 away with the second leg at home is a decent European result. Pep hardly won an away game with us, but those were different times I guess with away goal pressure.

But really, Napoli were poor tonight and we should have taken the game to their throat after the 1-0 and put it to bed. In the end we went conservative and it cost us a goal. Then for the final 10 until injury time Napoli were closer to a 2nd then we were the whole match.

Xavi is clearly running on empty. It's sad to see but he is out of ideas and out of will. He is hoping that announcing he is leaving will open the door to some sort of Hollywood miracle.

The worst thing is, I'm not even confident we will win at home.

Birdy

Its unclear just in what form Xavi thinks we dominated the game, as it is not at all clear.

He thinks we dominated possession, circulated the ball, and entered deep areas.

To be fair, we did most of that, and Napoli were not threatening at all on the break, besides Osimen's goal, which was an individual fumble.

But Xavi doesn't understand that if you don't create good chances, you are not winning games just by circulating ball. Our play in the final third was poor

Blanco

You were the better team for sure for 65 minutes. Xavi didnt respond to the changes Napoli made and they turn the match around.

BJJ

Rafa Marquez would probably be an upgrade on this fraud. He is bad, really bad. The players look confused, even or especially when we go up by a goal. It's like they're wondering whether to shut up shop or attack.
Can't wait to get rid of him. I'm just hoping Laporta doesn't hire someone who's even worse. Anything is possible with this club.

ajnotkeith

He thinks we dominated possession, circulated the ball, and entered deep areas.

To be fair, we did most of that, and Napoli were not threatening at all on the break, besides Osimen's goal, which was an individual fumble.

But Xavi doesn't understand that if you don't create good chances, you are not winning games just by circulating ball. Our play in the final third was poor
I don't even agree with that tbh. We were the better team on the ball up to the 60th minute and then we couldn't get out of our half after that.
Napoli 49% ball, Barca 51%... Their 30 minutes at the end kind of outweighed everything we did.

delancey

remember the good old days when we used to encircle the opponent’s final third, and pass the ball around outside of the box until an opening appeared in between the lines? Golazo!

These days, when this happens, which it seldom does, but when it does, we end up passing the ball back, forcing us to restart the entire attack. Too late! The opponent has already regrouped.

Xaviball :lol:

Joan

I don't even agree with that tbh. We were the better team on the ball up to the 60th minute and then we couldn't get out of our half after that.
Napoli 49% ball, Barca 51%... Their 30 minutes at the end kind of outweighed everything we did.
Saved me the time.

True, we barely dominated possession. Besides their last 30 minutes, they also dominated the 2nd part of the first half.

We invited too much pressure on us and we’re happy they didn’t create more. What’s worst, Barca can’t counter so it’s pretty safe to press us. Don’t know why he instructed the guys to advance the ball so rapidly with no plan in sight upfront. Ended up losing lots of balls for no reason whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans