Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnotkeith

Saved me the time.

True, we barely dominated possession. Besides their last 30 minutes, they also dominated the 2nd part of the first half.

We invited too much pressure on us and we’re happy they didn’t create more. What’s worst, Barca can’t counter so it’s pretty safe to press us. Don’t know why he instructed the guys to advance the ball so rapidly with no plan in sight upfront. Ended up losing lots of balls for no reason whatsoever.
The collapse after the 60th was really something, against a better team we would have conceded many goals today.

Xavi and co seem to be saying we were unlucky not to win but looks the opposite to me... werent punished for falling apart in the 2nd half.

Total-Football

The collapse after 60 minutes and defending the 1 - 0 is a trade mark of this barca ( under xavi and also valverde). That's what makes it tragic , because it's actually the norm and expectation. Once we scored I knew barca is finished. It's just the way ita to quote lord Valverde.

BJJ

The collapse after 60 minutes and defending the 1 - 0 is a trade mark of this barca ( under xavi and also valverde). That's what makes it tragic , because it's actually the norm and expectation. Once we scored I knew barca is finished. It's just the way ita to quote lord Valverde.
Some people look back at Valverde fondly but the rot set in with him. The amigos entitlement mind set, the huge chokes, the boring football, the fragile mentality etc

Total-Football

He talked to Henry and carragher on cbs post-game. Dude said he is glad the game showed "the barca we want " hahaha.. no way xavi is this dumb. I was impressed by his progress in English proficiency. Seemed quiet comfortable . I think Xavi is intelligent enough to know that what he brought to the table is not enough at all. Also, I think all his deluded remarks are just a facade to support players.

Temptation

Xavi: "We dominated and we deserved to win. They scored from the only chance they had all game, it's a real shame. This is the Champions League."

Lol.

Xavi 10 minutes after getting cucked:

"I dominated my wife all my life and deserve to be the only guy who gets to shag her. It's a real shame."

xXKonan

I think yesterday's game sums up his management career so far.

He can't put a full game together from start to finish. He'll get the team playing okay for one half but he'll stand on the sidelines with his head in his ass while the other team grows into the game and our players tire out and he won't make the proper subs needed and we end up struggling for the final 30 mins.

He's been here for nearly 3 years yet it still feels like he's a total amateur starting out his career in management.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Reading all the comments found me surprised. I thought we looked ok. Pressed well, created nice chances.

Yes, we fell apart after their goal and Xavi failed to make subs. Still, it was an improvement over our general form.

Gnidrologist

Dunno, i was panicking all game, even during the early period, when we dominated. One single fuckup and and it's over for Barca usually.
One thing in this game i noticed, which was good, is that whenever there was slightest chance for Napoli player to break through and created danger, ball was cleared away Pyuol style. No cute playing out of the back and giving it right on the frontiers of box, liek use to do against laliga fodder. Guys knew they're too shit to do that and it's the highest stake match this season, therefore picked the easy, but safe way out most of the time. Until they were exhausted and became psychologically fragile in the final 1/3 of the match, when the subs should've been made, but doubt it would had helped. It's club egregor by now.

jairzinho

Reading all the comments found me surprised. I thought we looked ok. Pressed well, created nice chances.

Yes, we fell apart after their goal and Xavi failed to make subs. Still, it was an improvement over our general form.

We looked gassed in the final 10-15 minutes. They had us pegged back and we couldn't even come out our own half for a pretty long spell. Hopefully we can fix this in time for 2ng leg and beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans