Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xtroverto

One of the biggest things that hurts his legacy is being out for the 2006 CL and Deco running the show brilliantly in his absence.

He's still the greatest Spanish footballer of all time though, and one of the 5 best European footballers of all time.

I'd say he is the most accomplished player, I believe Iniesta will end up being considered the greatest Spanish footballer of all time, not only by Spaniards but universally (with the exception for Madridistas though, I mean they are still whining about Raul not playing in the NT).

Meitux

Amauri is first, but otherwise yes.

(The funny thing is 3 of those guys were the only 3 I could think of immediately that I'd say were better than Xavi. Maybe add Best.)
Amauri and Cruijff who?I cant believe you guys forgot heskey....

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Hmmm, I'm not sure what to think about his performance tonight... What the hell was he thinking in their second goal?

X

xaviniesta

why u no through ball
05+Brick+Wall+6+x+10

Meitux

We all love you xavi, But for god's sake stop passing sideways all the time and take a risk!!
well yes i also have noticed that most times when villa or somebody makes a move and needs the final ball for 1vs1 xavi doesnt pass it and pass it sideways or to a player next to him

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I actually thought he chose his passes well tonight, but there was definitely a lack of movement in the team as a whole. A couple of years ago he'd more easily been able to initiate it himself by playing a one-two and moving into space, but his body won't let him do it as often and as easily anymore.

Vapor

well yes i also have noticed that most times when villa or somebody makes a move and needs the final ball for 1vs1 xavi doesnt pass it and pass it sideways or to a player next to him
Same here. People are saying "what can you do against the wall"... but there are many times during these games where there is a striker in a perfect position for a sharp pass but instead Xavi or Iniesta either don't see it or ignore it completely and pass it sideways. Yea, I know it's easier to see the open players on TV than on the field... but really, these are supposedly the midfielders with the best vision in the game. They should be looking for those little passes more often... it just seems like its not their focus.

Paganinisrvnge

Xavi has been so cautious in his play lately that it's very frustrating. I know it's much harder to open up a parked bus but I can't think of how many damn times he laid it off to Alves on the right instead of trying something riskier.

Me55i D105

There is always space for through balls, just that no one runs for them anymore since they know xavi or iniesta doesn't pass them. Messi is the only one I see going for the thorugh balls, it's really a bad sign, through balls is a way to counter a parking bus, you see it on real games, they have players running for through balls and after a couple they always score. Xavi and Iniesta need to grow some balls and beginning with the again, hate their "keep the ball" passing, especially when they are losing the game. To win you have to take risks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans