Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
definitely. haha, my team is going have an eastern european girl who can cut slices of ham with her nose. cant wait to see her.

:ibra:

zeven

Xavi finally get some recognition not just from us :)

You don’t have to understand football to know that he is a phenomenon. He is not an individualistic player and neither does he score goals (regularly) for his team but he plays 60 matches a season and is (to me) the best of the 45 players in that list. He never rests, plays all the minutes, and trains at the age of 30 as if he was 17 years old, the age when I met him while I was with Barcelona,” adding further that Xavi is the kind of player that tends to be overlooked, “Socially, he doesn’t involve himself in the type of events that can promote his name in the eye of the media. He has won everything, absolutely everything and the only thing that remains for him to conquer is the World Cup with the Spanish selection. I think it would be a crime if an absolutely fantastic player like him were to end his career, in three or four years time, without being given the recognition he deserves,”

// the special one (Mourinho)

C

csidle

I can think of few people as deserving of the Ballon d'Or as Xavi. I feel like he should have got it this year, because of his stunning last season. While I love that Messi got it, the way I see it is, that Messi and Iniesta have years left and are not even in their prime yet, while Xavi might not ever have as good a season as last season.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Now Leo Messi has one I think we should all rally round for Xavi to get it. When he does we can then support :iniesta:

Aasim

Bumbleman
Xavi will never get an award like this because he's a quiet, shy person and a player who doesn't always make the headlines. Same with Iniesta to a certain extent.

Messi, Ronaldo, Kaka, Torres, Eto'o are all players who score goals and that's what people remember in 20 years time. If you ask a random guy on the street to name the player who assisted Belletti in the CL final 2006, he wouldn't know that. Just how everyone will forget Xavi crossing the ball right onto Messi's skull...

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
Xavi will never get an award like this because he's a quiet, shy person and a player who doesn't always make the headlines. Same with Iniesta to a certain extent.

Messi, Ronaldo, Kaka, Torres, Eto'o are all players who score goals and that's what people remember in 20 years time. If you ask a random guy on the street to name the player who assisted Belletti in the CL final 2006, he wouldn't know that. Just how everyone will forget Xavi crossing the ball right onto Messi's skull...

that is an awesome post, love.

[FCB]Messi[10

+50000000000
Good post mate, and you are right. For Xavi or Iniesta to win the Ballon d'Or they need to keep on playing the same way they are doing now, but score more during the season. If they score more during the season, they could easily get this award, but you have to be happy for Xavi because "In Xavi's case the award is also a milestone for the club as he is the first local player to figure in the top three of the award for Ballon d'Or."

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
For me, it was the man of the match... once more the brain of the team... not so brillant like other games, but still the master, the brain of this wonderful team! :hooray:

El Mesías

I know I won't forget Xavi's contribution. Its an open secret that if you stop Xavi, you stop Barca. But so far noone have manage to do it yet.

Thats the beauty of Xavi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans