Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
The thing is, Messi can (most of the time) last out the season due to his amazing fitness and relative youth. Xavi is 33 on the other hand, so he can't play nearly as much.

hellsangel1

I just found it ridiculous that Messi played the entire 90 minutes against Celta Vigo with a make-shift midfield instead of him resting and bringing him later on (especially after a difficult game in Bolivia). The fact is Messi also picks and chooses his spots. This season in particular is the least i've seen him press which he does less frequently than any other forward in our squad. He doesn't quite play with the same intensity as he used to and I know that he can't play at a 100 mph every game, the season is long and you have to pace yourself but at times I've seen Messi be lazy when he doesn't have the ball.

veryfatchocobo

I just found it ridiculous that Messi played the entire 90 minutes against Celta Vigo with a make-shift midfield instead of him resting and bringing him later on (especially after a difficult game in Bolivia). The fact is Messi also picks and chooses his spots. This season in particular is the least i've seen him press which he does less frequently than any other forward in our squad. He doesn't quite play with the same intensity as he used to and I know that he can't play at a 100 mph every game, the season is long and you have to pace yourself but at times I've seen Messi be lazy when he doesn't have the ball.
I guess it's the star mentality. Also because he tried to play every single game this season....

Science Kid

I do agree that Scheweinsteiger is currently better than Xavi. But Carrick, Gundogan? No, just no.

Only Stevie Wonder would agree that current Xavi is better than current Gundogan.It's not even close,what Gundogan has done this year is remarkable,Xavi has done nothing in big games,he's been lost more often than not.

I've said it even before the PSG rematch,the blind arrogance of Barca fans is one of the reasons why this team has fallen so far in the pecking order.The coaching stuff has the same one.Everything is fine,we're still the best,we have the best players in every position...just no.In the last two years both Bayern and Dortmund are the best two teams in Europe,it just took a while for people to realize that.BVB didn't lost a single game from December 2011 to the end of the season in May winning two titles and beating Bayern twice in the process.Gundogan was playing better than Xavi then as well but of course he doesn't have the name value so it musn't be true!We'll go on pretending it's not while our midfield looks entirely clueless,slow and out of ideas for months now.

Names don't play football and what this team has right now is only names(except from Messi)...Xavi,Alves,Pique,Villa,Puyol,Pedro...they are all past their prime.

Teams like Bayern and BVB have players,coaches and idea of what they want to do and how to play...Barca lost that last year and it's even further away from regaining it after this season.

Last edited:

shockey80

Xavi isn't anymore our present IMO. He leads our team to victory in the past, same for Spain but I think that many midfielders are better than him actually.
Gundogan, Carrick, David Silva, Schweinsteiger... Thiago needs to step up and to play more next season.

Xavi isn't totally over but I think that he made his time. Hard to say but this is my opinion...
Carrick isnt even fit to clean his boots ( flavour of the month it seems ) and Silva hasnt been very good this year at all. the other 2, I can give you those because they have been phenomenal.

I think people forget that you have ups and downs in sport. Right now, Xavi is going through a down moment but until this down moment becomes multiple seasons of down moments, I still believe that he is one of the best in the world.

BigBarcaBoy

Carrick isnt even fit to clean his boots ( flavour of the month it seems ) and Silva hasnt been very good this year at all. the other 2, I can give you those because they have been phenomenal.

I think people forget that you have ups and downs in sport. Right now, Xavi is going through a down moment but until this down moment becomes multiple seasons of down moments, I still believe that he is one of the best in the world.

Really amazed at the criticism of Xavi, he's not been at his best pyshically for a while now sp hasn't been at his best, hopefully VDB will let him have the summer off, yes Cesc and Thiago need to step up but don't write him off yet.

Xavi isn't anymore our present IMO. He leads our team to victory in the past, same for Spain but I think that many midfielders are better than him actually.
Gundogan, Carrick, David Silva, Schweinsteiger... Thiago needs to step up and to play more next season.

Xavi isn't totally over but I think that he made his time. Hard to say but this is my opinion...

Carrick? He is a worst version of Busquets who makes school boy errors when it matters (Modric goal for Madrid) I could name you like 7 players of the top of my head that are better than him, plus he is not even CM like Xavi, nor is David Silva who is massively overatted and plays as AM, Schweinsteiger maybe on better form currently and Gundogan should first try and cement himself in the Germany 11 before we can compare him to Xavi, not a single one of them could boss and dictate a game like Xavi nor will they ever be able to

D

Don_Andrés

Hasn't Xavi been playing with an injury for quite a while. I think in one of the previous games he had a jab to get him through the game.

abual3bed1

He said that he's been playing with an injury for some time. Then said that he recovered completely from it and doesn't feel it anymore.

Maria

Xavi: "¿Futuro?, no hay que ser drásticos. El equipo ha competido muy bien hasta ahora. Este equipo tiene ganas"

raul-gonzalez-740235l.jpg

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Xavi: "¿Futuro?, no hay que ser drásticos. El equipo ha competido muy bien hasta ahora. Este equipo tiene ganas"

raul-gonzalez-740235l.jpg

Yeah, because he should have rather said.

"El equipo ha competido muy mal hasta ahora y este equipo ya no tiene ganas para competir en este nivel." :rolleyes:

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Well he should've used better words than that to be honest. He went full retard saying the team looked good.

It's nothing more than being smart PR. Being one of the team's four captains he's obliged, not by his duty but more as the team's representative to the media, to polish things a bit and back them up with his own beliefs. Imagine the shitstorm if he would've lambasted the team for its performance.

What matters is what is being said in the training sessions by those in charge and those directly affected, and that's just smart diplomacy.

Last edited:

fcbdna

Banned

Carrick? Are you a Utd fan? They are the only ones who see what Carrick does. he is terrible and should never be compared to a maestro like Xavi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans