Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paganinisrvnge

http://www.marca.com/2013/06/08/en/football/barcelona/1370717058.html

In that sense, the midfielder offered up a strange interpretation of the Champions League tie against Bayern Munich, which the Germans won 7-0 over two legs: “We enjoyed the bulk of the possession against Bayern, they couldn't control the game. To look only at the result doesn't really tell the whole story."

This is just embarrassing. Why doesn't Xavi admit that they got completely and utterly outplayed? It wasn't possession like vs Chelsea where lots of chances were created. It was useless possession nowhere near Bayern's goal. Xavi gets on my nerves sometimes with his denial. He also stats that he wants to continue to play as many games.

AvocadoCake

^I agree. Surely he understand possession doesn't always mean dominance...

http://www.marca.com/2013/06/08/en/football/barcelona/1370710917.html

"a big club cannot play like José Mourinho's Real Madrid"
"I don't want people to think that I always attack Mourinho because it's not my intention, but I obviously don't like the football his sides play,"
"It was frustrating to see them play because they had an idea and a concept of play. Incredible players like Zidane, Roberto Carlos and others,"They dominated every aspect of the game. You had to hand it to them and recognise that they were better. The same can be said about the 'Quinta del Buitre', another great side with a clear football philosophy that was faultless,"
Xavi went on to say that Mourinho's Madrid "bears no resemblance and has left no legacy for the future".
"We don't let our pitch dry so that it's like playing in a potato field, we don't kick our opponents continuously and we don't try to stir things up. We didn't do that when Madrid were much better than us. We've won, lost and drawn, but always with the same football values. It's not just about the result. There's more to it than winning or losing,"

JimmyGuitarist

Xavi makes me laugh. I always know when he'll moan about the pitch condition. I agree with him though.
3830547-664cd7f03c15f9e8f23ebfdb25c43e3d.jpg

khorne

Actually as long as he does it with a certain degree of objectiveness (the comments about bayern smack of hurt pride) and without insulting anyone, I'm totally cool with xavi being our edgy, boastful, outspoken philosopher. If we have to give diplomatic likeable interviews we'll send iniesta

Jimmyguitarist, is Xavi's pitch a real thing? if so, gold :lol:

edit: aaaaaaand it's ordered on blurb.com!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans