Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

raskolnikov

How does Xavi match up compared with other legends when it comes to awards won?
There are not many players who had a career that was that succesfull. the likes of Beckenbauer, Maldini, Giggs come to mind but Xavi is definitely up there.

L

linetty

Juan Manuel Asensi (ex-Barcelona): "Barcelona have never had and will never have again a player like Xavi." [la xarxa]

Xtroverto

So Xavi became only the third player in Spanish football history to reach 700 matches for the same team, before him only Manuel Shanchis and Raul reached 700 for Real Madrid. The only player to reach over 800 matches for club teams is Zubizarreta between three teams. Outside of Barcelona and Real Madrid the only payer to reach over 600 matches with one team is ex Athletic Bilbao player José Ángel Iribar. If we include 2 division matches, also Fran reached over 600 games for Deportivo.

Last edited:

barcanuck

The best midfielder in Spanish history and top 5 all time no doubt. His decline is a big key to last seasons losses to Real and Bayern in Cup Comps tho.

CatalinR10

Only Ryan Giggs (149) and Raul (144) have played more Champions League games than Xavi (143) #fcblive #ucl [via @squawka]

After this season he'll be on 1'st spot :worthy:

....if we reach the final :pep:

The Observer

I did a little playing time comparison of Xavi. Last season vs. this season so far:

After 19 La Liga games under:

Tito: 1481 minutes
Tata: 1191 minutes

After 6 CL group stage games under:

Tito: 440 minutes
Tata: 449 minutes

After 4 Copa del Rey games under:

Tito: 90 minutes
Tata: 0 minutes

Overall:

Under Tito: 2011 minutes
Under Tata: 1640 minutes

So 371 minutes less. With a fit Messi he would have rotated even more with Fabregas I think, who had to be used as a false 9 instead.

abual3bed1

I like how he spoke of the CL tie. True words that City do play football and that will make this game as epic as it can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans