Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

kostasgtc

Did you watch the game? There are no runs/passes in behind when there are 10 players in the box. The only way in (with a short team that can't compete well for aerial balls) is to dribble in or short 1-2 passes, or cutbacks from the goal-line. Even with that bunker D, Barça created some excellent chances.

Given defensive shape like that, expect more of the same from Xavi. He's not an idiot; Barça doesn't need another Alves "taking a risk" and heaving balls into the box for almost guaranteed turnovers.
+1

F

Flavia

As the season advances, Xavi's decline becomes more and more apparent.

Sadly, yes.

But he's being overplayed. He should be resting way more. The problem is there is no one to replace him...

Messi_Goal

Once again showed he is well past his best, simple passes going off target and he just doesn't control the game at all.. Sad but true.

CatalinR10

The problem is there is no one to replace him...

thiago-alcantara-scissor-kick-vs-stuttgart.gif%3Fw%3D622%26h%3D308

CatalinR10

Xavi: "We lacked intensity in the first 15 minutes, think we saw a great Barça from then on, their goal was the trigger." #fcblive

JamDav1982

Xavi: "I never thought of leaving like Cesc, who went to Arsenal. I want to be here forever. I will always be thinking of Barca." [sun]

He has spoke a lot about how he thought about joining AC Milan when he was younger and then just before Pep came in he was in talks with Bayern.

Clearly he has at least considered other possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans