Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdmondDantes

He looked quick tonight, shame he didn't finish that great move when he went round the keeper. Great game by Xavi and could have stayed on the pitch longer. If he plays once a week he can still churn out classy performances like tonight.

F

Flavia

I wish he had shot in tha opportunity in which he dribbled the gk. He was alone, even with a tight shot. He waited a bit too much. Other than that, good game.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Good game from him. Looks like he's adjusting to Lucho's tactics rather than trying to play his own game.

@raskolnikov

Couldn't find the assist tally for Xavi when you asked in the match chat, now I've found it. He has 95 assists in La Liga.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Xavi looked like the game was moving too fast for him today, should have scored when he went past the keeper

The game was moving to fast for everybody, except Messi of course. After the 2-1 goal all hell broke lose and everybody were running everywhere all the time with Xavi in the middle figuring out what to do. AB went crazy-mode and started to attack leaving huge gaps in their defence, and than we counter quickly, and they tried. Xavi likes to settle things down, give a good sideway pass, get into position and find another player etc. Not saying he didn't play good, it just wasn't his type of game in the second half. Save Xavi for Villarreal, El Classico, CL and so on

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think it was a mistake to start him. He was lost at the start when Athletic pressed. Luckily, deflected fk goal eased up pressure and we got more breathing space.
I do love Xavi but I'd rather play him at home games.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I think it was a mistake to start him. He was lost at the start when Athletic pressed. Luckily, deflected fk goal eased up pressure and we got more breathing space.
I do love Xavi but I'd rather play him at home games.

It wasn't just him though, so was Rakitic, Busquets and the entire defence. Iniesta or Rakitic would probably (ahem Flavia ahem) have not fared any better. Barca cannot handle that type of pressing anymore with passing. They're relying on giving it to the forwards quickly and punching the opposition before they know what's coming.

This was never going to be a good game that he would dominate but the type of late runs he made, nobody else in Barca does that. Also, some really nice controls today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans