Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

frog-fcb

We have lost so many legends and leaders on the team lately it will be a sad day when he leaves us. At least he is going out on a high with the chance of.lifting three trophies. All i can say is thank you maestro for your service to the club and for all the amazing moments you have provided us with

Kuchi

Just rumors right? I know he didn't dismiss it, but nothing confirmed about his future right?

One more year please

Gracies maestro!

barcanuck

Leaving on top as he should. Unlike Iker who should of left last year as CL champ. I'm guessing both might go to the same team :p

F

Flavia

I guess he will really leave :cry:

And I really hope he gets a treble as a send off.

M

monamou

Cardoner (vice-president): "Xavi still has to make a decision on his future, but we'd want him to stay for another season." [catradio]

Devils

I don't want him to go because he was the best sub in the world this year, but if we win the treble (or just the CL even) he should go.

No better way to bow out.

Alik

Yeah, as much as it sucks for us to see him leave, it's probably the best way for him to end his career at Barca (Hopefully we win the treble, or at least the CdR as well).

We don't know what next season will be like. For all we know it could be disappointing, with drama.

klc123

Yeah, as much as it sucks for us to see him leave, it's probably the best way for him to end his career at Barca (Hopefully we win the treble, or at least the CdR as well).

We don't know what next season will be like. For all we know it could be disappointing, with drama.

In January people on this forum were saying this was the worst barca team in a decade and that we had no chance of finishing in the top two.
Xavi isn't fit enough to play all the minutes, but when he does play for us he is still one of our, if not the best, midfielder we have. I'd love to see him play another season and then get him involved in coaching asap.

Alik

In January people on this forum were saying this was the worst barca team in a decade and that we had no chance of finishing in the top two.
Xavi isn't fit enough to play all the minutes, but when he does play for us he is still one of our, if not the best, midfielder we have. I'd love to see him play another season and then get him involved in coaching asap.

Yeah, I do agree he can still contribute a lot (I was referring to the team in general when I said we don't know how it will be like). It's just that there's an appeal at a glorious send off.

Leo_Messi

I still can't believe that he is likely to announce his departure from the club this very week.

I can't think of a player that has symbolized the success and playing style of Barça in the past decade more than him. Including that of Spain.

It is impossible for me to recall a player that was so central and influential in the success and playing style of arguably the greatest club team of all time and the greatest national team of all time. He embodied those teams more than any other player.

This picture below, that does not include this season's league win, says it all. No explanation needed.

6gy0rq.jpg

As much as I liked Puyol, Xavi's departure will be more difficult to handle. Only Messi's departure will top that.

In a way I hope that he will stay as long as possible at the club but I fully understand his decision. Leaving the club after hopefully winning "El Triplete" at the age of 35 would be a perfect goodbye. You can't escape "old" age.

I hope that Xavi will follow in the footsteps of Pep and Lucho and manage our club one day and be as successful. This would be a dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans