Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Ten Hag DOESN'T WANT to come (why would he?) to this mess in midseason, can't "hijack" him.

Ten Hag would be a great option if Xavi wasn't possible, always prefer a cule to an outsider to coach this club - even more so someone who has been schooled in Cruyff principles since youth

BerkeleyBernie

as much as i'd love to see him coach barca i think he will just crash and burn here when the club is in total mess,and i'd hate to see fans turning onto him like we just did with koeman

Not gonna happen. Koeman was just a bad coach. Yeah, the team is lacking some world-class players but there's plenty of talent to work with to create entertaining football.

BBZ8800

Not gonna happen. Koeman was just a bad coach. Yeah, the team is lacking some world-class players but there's plenty of talent to work with to create entertaining football.

Arsenal plays entertaining for 15 years.
Without class players, though.

And they are rightfully an Uefa cup level of a team.

Just sayin' cause I see some similarities.

Trophies usually don't come without money and star players.

vegitot

It will be extremely lucky if Xavi can ever reach Wenger level of football.

Messi983

Time to watch back his games vs some semi decent teams. Absolutely terrible

And he will face Bayern at Allian Arena if he comes here :koeman:
https://youtu.be/ljXA5RQf4x4

This was almost two years ago, he has hopefullly learned a thing or two since then. Also can't really blame him if his defenders are doing stupid mistakes. But tbh he'll have idiotic defenders here as well. Of a better quality but still prone to do stupid mistakes.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Honestly, im not optimistic about Xavi, guy didnt coached a european club yet and we dont know much about his coach skills. At barca you will always have pressure so he wont get the time which he probably wants. I would rather see Ten Haag here if he is available.

serghei

Long time to go for 15 years. Last season we should have made the double. This is the first season where we won't compete for the title.

ronniecro

this team is full of mental losers and leechers,no way he can succeed without writing off basically 80% of the squad,which of course won't happen.

Messi983

The termination clause for Xavi Hern?ndez to leave isn’t a high figure, somewhere approximately around €1M. There will be an imminent meeting between the coach & Al Sadd to close his departure. [MENTION=16794]xavi[/MENTION]torresll@tjuanmarti #FCB

Al Sadd have promised Xavi that they won’t come in the way of his departure, should Barcelona come calling. @fansjavimiguel#FCB

Sergi Barjuan, Albert Capellas and Albert Roca are all possible options for the interim first-team coach role until someone like Xavi takes over. @moillorens [MENTION=26750]Samuel[/MENTION]marsden#FCB

Messi983

Honestly, im not optimistic about Xavi, guy didnt coached a european club yet and we dont know much about his coach skills. At barca you will always have pressure so he wont get the time which he probably wants. I would rather see Ten Haag here if he is available.

Xavi has spent almost his whole life at this club and knows what pressure will be on him better than anyone of us. But from his standpoint coming in now is better than being hired a few months ago. People have basically no expectations for this season besides finishing top 4 so he'll have next 8 months to set up his system, know the players and then start to prepare next season together with Laporta, Alemany&Co.

mc_lovin

Don't care about him coaching another European club (would even be a shame if we of all people don't put trust in him first). What's important is that he worked as a coach for two years and managed a group of people. Unlike, let's say, Pirlo. Apart from that he knows how to articulate himself and convey his ideas, the videos from Al Sadd are fantastic (and that's how far our insight goes).

Most importantly he's (superficially for now) well in line with the new trend of coaching (Social intelligence+obsessive work on the details). The big question for me is how modern his training regimen is.

serghei

Most importantly he's (superficially for now) well in line with the new trend of coaching (Social intelligence+obsessive work on the details). The big question for me is how modern his training regimen is.

As long as he sees possession as means to an end both offensively (most important) and defensively, he'll be fine. If you have 70% of the ball I expect chances, and I expect clean sheets, at least against way inferior teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans