Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Yea, that's what you say, but then, when you enter an argument, you take the contrarian side. You enter arguments defending Xavi as an option as if you think he's not a good option, even though you never spell it out.

This flippy flapping around the subject makes it hard for people to really understand your points outside the main obvious ones: you need proven managers, you need elite players, and so on. Everyone would want to hire likes of Klopp and get the best players instead of Xavi and La Masia youngsters being the main weapons to go fight with.

That doesnt make sense as the argument was pretty much 50/50 on those thinking Xavi is right man or not... so no real contrarian side there. Your ego just thinks anyone who disgagrees has to be 'contrarian'.

Xavi as an option as he will get respect, knows Barca inside out, has a plan of way to play and seemingly has charisma to make it happen on interviews seen.

Negatives.. his football not been tested at any real level.

Easy.

No 'flippy flopping' around anything despite how you try to make it to be that way. All very straightforward despite your bullshit strawman arguments.

Never mentioned the likes of Klopp despite you trying to mention him every second post. All have ever said in past is I doubt any top coach wants the Barca job anyway.

vegitot

I don't care about age, but style and potential. Certainly not if players are 22 or 20.
He was close to be promoted twice, this is above the usual standard.

It's veggie-thots quote that faulted Xavi for the loss against Al-Hilal in 2019, this fooled me. But you are correct then, and Xavis results aren't as sensationally good. He lost with a small margin against Persepolis who later went to the final that year, and got out of the group stage with the smallest margin possible.

Now you just confirm that you never watch any of Xavi. Sho shut up :koeman:

vegitot

And why there is Klopp - Xavi comparision???

Liverpool pre Klopp were just a midtable to Europe league level except for 2013/14 season when Suarez was a god. In Klopp first season, he led the team to Europa final then finished in top 4 next, which was Liverpool's target at that time. 2017-18 UCL final and top 4 in EPL. 2018-now is his peak.

Barca now are not yet in Liverpool's state from 2010-2015 (pre Klopp).

vegitot

Obviously coming in mid season is not as great as at start. Irrelevant point that does not go against anything that was said.

Plenty coaches came in and improved teams mid season though. Tuchel being most obvious example and players coming back from injury will be bigger impact than anything Xavi does in training pitch.

What are expectations for Xavi this season and next?

Laporta already said it. Aim for Liga, Copa and of course UCL while play beautifully.

Pimienta also aims for all :boss:

mc_lovin

One advantage Xavi has it that the injured players will return and their contribution will falsely be mistaken as Xavi's. Other than that I guess it will be pretty obvious whether he deserves backing or not - irregardless of League position.

vegitot

Yesterday I was talking to a friend who lives in Qatar and works in their preparation for 2022 WC hosting. He said he actually attended all Al-Sadd home games in Asian cup as he was one of the organizers of such games. He also watches some if Qatari league matches but not regularly
He said while Xavi isn't bad, his work lacks the "wow" factor, especially considering the squad which is actually very good considering the competition.

His biggest worry was Xavi has soft spot for some players, specifically named Abdelkarim Hassan who was Qatar best defender when they won Asian cup in 2019, but has huge dip in form under Xavi but he was still always starter as long as he was healthy, despite having better players on better form.

This particular note get me worried, especially when we discuss Xavi relation with the likes of Busquets/Roberto/Pique.

OTOH, he said in Qatar they already believe November 4th is his last day, and fans are already preparing to attend his last training session with the club

Nice to have some insiders. Btw, when i watch Al Sadd in AFC, always feel like their opponents see through their game. That's why they are clueless vs these teams.

Xavi will have big games vs Benfica at Camp Nou then Bayern at Allianz Arena. Perfect.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Xavi gets off to a decent start it might help having him when recruiting players too. Especially those top talents who mostly seem to choose another team instead of us. Either for money, or by talking to another club's manager, or both.

serghei

One advantage Xavi has it that the injured players will return and their contribution will falsely be mistaken as Xavi's. Other than that I guess it will be pretty obvious whether he deserves backing or not - irregardless of League position.

I think it will be pretty obvious when a goal will be thanks to some individual execution and when it will be a well-drilled team effort.

JamDav1982

I think it will be pretty obvious when a goal will be thanks to some individual execution and when it will be a well-drilled team effort.

Either way.

Better players help with both and the top coaches give their players freedom in final third to try things anyway.

Birdy

Unless Xavi is the next Pep (which I doubt),
I see him as a 'filler' on the bench for 1-2 years until a real WC manager becomes available, and Laporta convinces him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans