Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

malvolio

For Laporta's sake Xavi should be Pep 2.0. Otherwise I see a no confidence vote against Laporta in 2 years time.

Let's be honest, he got extremely lucky with Pep and the golden La Masia generation coming through. I seriously doubt we're going to see something similar in the coming years, at any club.

Birdy

What will you expect from him in 1-2 years then???

I would be happy if he manages to get the team play better football in 1-2 years (all the positional game Serghei wants for instance)
on the additional conditions that he would:
i) phase out first and foremost Pique and Roberto, then Alba and Busi
ii) not ruin WC footballers like FDJ because of some dogmatism
(worried about these two points)

No illusion about titles of course,
and for me no illusion about responding to the needs of pace and transitioning of the modern game...

But, I hope, as others said, that the positional game he can teach, even the carbon-copy of Pep 08-11, would be enough to beat the likes of Rayo, Granada, Getafe etc with good football

vegitot

It's not like Xavi is Laporta's favourite. Xavi is likely a move to calm thing down. A fan favourite option. If he is good then it's a win but if he fails, then Laporta can end all of fan's favourite and go with his own choice.

Birdy

It's not like Xavi is Laporta's favourite. Xavi is likely a move to calm thing down. A fan favourite option. If he is good then it's a win but if he fails, then Laporta can end all of fan's favourite and go with his own choice.

Yeah, I get this is a way to have less pressure from fans in his next appointment of a coach,
but that's not a proper strategy

Laporta messed up big time on this!
As much as I have rated 10/10 his work in reducing the wage bill, he handled terribly the coach issue

Windhook

I believe Laporta is buying more and more into the idea of signing Xavi. The pressure on him is huge, both by media and fans, not to stall for few seasons with the Serra Ferrers and Antics. In my view Koeman was such, a pragmatic, who sacrificed the style of play for getting results. Last night the local commentator on TV said "Xavi endorsed Victor Font, that's why Laporta doesn't want him". I don't remember Xavi endorsing any of the candidates, he was picked by Font to be his top manager once he won the election, if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

Messigician

WHAT IS GOING ON???

Is this a fkn ransom?

Al Sadd demand President Laporta to travel to Qatar for Xavi Hern?ndez. [as]

Rafa Yuste (Bar?a vp): "Xavi? The technical area is working on several options. Xavi is not the only option. We don't want to put pressure on ourselves because that leads to making bad decisions." [movistar]

Official Al Sadd statement: "In response to what has been circulating lately, Al Sadd reiterate that Xavi has a two-year contract and he is fully focused on the next matches."

The Qataris told Bar?a that they will not let Xavi go if Laporta does not personally travel to Doha. They are also going to negotiate a shirt sponsor in Qatar.

? @10JoseAlvarez

"Lapprta has refuses to go to QATAR and do the photo shoot"

Birdy

[MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]Times
?
1h
@fansjavimiguel
Al Sadd has sent a clear message in the first formal contact between the two clubs saying that if the Blaugrana team wants to finish this in a friendly way without any problems, Laporta must himself go to close the deal.
The Al Sadd sheikh, Mohammed bin Hamad, wants a meeting with Joan Laporta as a previous step to give the OK to Xavi's departure, because in Qatari culture, it is considered that negotiations must be between equals, and is considered a rudeness to negotiate with anyone who is not.

LOL:lol:

I don't wanna know what the 'problems' will be for Laporta if he does not go there in person...
Have seen already shades of this with Nasser's attitude towards his players (like Mbape) that he thinks are his belongings...

How on earth did European culture allowed this primitiveness to intrude??

Messigician

[MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]Times
?
1h
@fansjavimiguel
Al Sadd has sent a clear message in the first formal contact between the two clubs saying that if the Blaugrana team wants to finish this in a friendly way without any problems, Laporta must himself go to close the deal.
The Al Sadd sheikh, Mohammed bin Hamad, wants a meeting with Joan Laporta as a previous step to give the OK to Xavi's departure, because in Qatari culture, it is considered that negotiations must be between equals, and is considered a rudeness to negotiate with anyone who is not.

LOL:lol:

I don't wanna know what the 'problems' will be for Laporta if he does not go there in person...
Have seen already shades of this with Nasser's attitude towards his players (like Mbape) that he thinks are his belongings...

How on earth did European culture allowed this primitiveness to intrude??

Yeah they're acting like Xavi is being held hostage

Porque

Al Sadd has demanded they will only accept negotations with Laporta if he flies there himself and brings a slave. [El Qataricito]

Messigician

" Al Sadd has demanded a friendly be arranged between the two clubs and for Qatar to be named as a shirt sponsor before they will consider letting Xavi leave"

I wish this made up but it's true

Barcilliant

Nuno Santo is free. I bet he can do a decent job for s till the end of the season. He did pretty good at Valencia. I would get him and tell Qatar to fuck off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans